Sign in to follow this  
prowler.wolf

Mana Island Fiji

Really nice und new content. But some nice extra spots would be fine. Like a mansion of a drug lord with some other buildungs, fences and so on. Or some hidden spots like a cave between rocks nearby the cost. Just something special to the overall special island ;)

one nice thing you could do to the beaches is removing the "rock buildings" (the takistani ones) and add Icebreakers grasshuts. if you ask him I'm sure he will be positive to that ;) (if he gets his creds :p)

Indeed. Also, you'll notice that some of the more inland parts of the island near the runway (including the bitumen road there) is getting "covered" by water at high tide. I'll take a pic to elucidate once I return from today's shopping with the missus.

one nice thing you could do to the beaches is removing the "rock buildings" (the takistani ones) and add Icebreakers grasshuts. if you ask him I'm sure he will be positive to that ;) (if he gets his creds :p)

+1, I was thinking exactly the same.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/cleanup.plr_mana.pbo

Simple kill some stuff CO 10 mission OA/BAF , objectives work dont know if mission end works.

Mission is a template i copy from island to island so i have a purpose when having a look around :)

Superb island, having a small problem getting stuck on the rocks at the south east of the island keep getting stuck on the small ones.

Really enjoyable mission, thanks. Playing it in SP without problems. Got stuck on some rocks as well, but nothing major.

Cheers,

OP

What a pretty island!

I've found a palm tree growing out of the church at 290312.

Really enjoyable mission, thanks. Playing it in SP without problems. Got stuck on some rocks as well, but nothing major.

Cheers,

OP

Unfortunately pretty much all low rocks are coated with fast setting glue on mana...

It's still a magic island and an amazing v1 release. I'm sure v1.1 will be even better :)

Great island, some minor bugs:

* There is no Zoom setting for STHUD. While many people don't use it, it is relatively straight forward to include these settings in the map class.

* BIS_fnc_findSafePos sometimes reports positions out at sea as safe, resulting in patrol waypoints in the water.

I have a debug of it in action - I have added the surfaceType to the markerText.

As you can see, it is reporting places out at sea as "Dirt", which is safe for soliders.

mana_island_terrain.jpg

Unfortunately pretty much all low rocks are coated with fast setting glue on mana...

It's still a magic island and an amazing v1 release. I'm sure v1.1 will be even better :)

I agree, the rocks cause you to get stuck if you step on them, were they always like this in other maps and I never noticed?

The only robust way of getting off was to bound along tapping 'v'

Thanks for the bug reports, I think the problem with the safe position function has to do with my maps center position being in the ocean. I'm not sure how it ended up there as it was over land before 1.0 was released. It is already fixed and if my assumption is correct then the safe position function should be fixed as well. Correct me if I'm wrong of course up until a couple minutes ago I had no idea what you were talking about. :p

As per STHud, I am looking into that now.

As per rocks, you will have to complain to BIS about that one.

Perhaps not the venue, but I have a coop mission on Mana I'd like to post, any recommendations on where it can be hosted? Is it better to find a file hosting site, or send it to one of the arma community sites?

Perhaps not the venue, but I have a coop mission on Mana I'd like to post, any recommendations on where it can be hosted? Is it better to find a file hosting site, or send it to one of the arma community sites?

they generally take it from your link and host it.

use any of the free upload sites for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I made a small mission for Mana. Sneak in, take out two targets taking part in an arms deal. Keep them from escaping. Then clear the remaining enemy positions on Mana. The ending is simple, working on making some ending debriefings, but I usually don't bother for release amongst my friends.

- Simple briefing lays out the details

- 2 possible insertion points

- CLY bandage script

- SP or 1-3 player coop

http://www.filefront.com/17615869/Marvins-Intel.rar/

If anyone likes, I'm thinking of making a larger scale 10-man raiding team version of it.

Beautiful map. Not only one of my favorites but inspiration for my own attempts at the "small, tropical" sort of island.

Very nice,

good work, can you think add islands ont the west? beetwen mana and petrole area?

It's freakin' amazing. I just want to watch the intro screen and not shoot people.

Also getting some odd error that it can't load the buk_kmen.paa.

Now all we need is a fishing mod and the shark mod, haha. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

I made a small mission for Mana. Sneak in, take out two targets taking part in an arms deal. Keep them from escaping. Then clear the remaining enemy positions on Mana. The ending is simple, working on making some ending debriefings, but I usually don't bother for release amongst my friends.

- Simple briefing lays out the details

- 2 possible insertion points

- CLY bandage script

- SP or 1-3 player coop

http://www.filefront.com/17615869/Marvins-Intel.rar/

If anyone likes, I'm thinking of making a larger scale 10-man raiding team version of it.

This is a really good little mission thanks! Fabulous island too and is a nice alternative to the Communist / Taliban story.

Made some changes to the mission though that would suit my guys more but other than that it's spot on.

@HamishUK : Thanks for the feedback. I would be quite curious about the mission tweaks you did. I am going back to Mana with friends this weekend, so might want to try out your changes.

Thanks!

i love this map.. i have been to mana island twice and you have done an excelent job :)

Mana Island updated on Six Updater Network.

3.12 MB delta

sent 3.12M bytes received 61.44K bytes 335.25K bytes/sec

total size is 73.23M speedup is 22.99