Sign in to follow this  
MrXToTheN

FCC - Freelook Commanding Camera v1.0

UPDATE 2: New version uploaded (now standalone).

FCC is now a standalone addon. Work in Progress. Please report any bugs in this thread.

Download: Download

UPDATE: New version uploaded (including test mission on OA's Shapur).

New features:

- high command over in editor defined groups

- map view

- NVG view

- camera teleport through map (ALT+LMB on map)

- command over every unit in a high command group by selecting a group in high command and pressing "Home" in normal or FCC view

0-iYzSF0iFc

Notes: Don't teamswitch by pressing T while using FCC.

Download v1.1 (WIP: may contain bugs)

Hi guys,

I've implemented a freelook commanding camera into ArmA to make it easier to command your AI units.

It allows you to command your fireteam (including your own character which is taken over by AI as long as you use the camera).

arma2oa2010111520330298.th.jpg

arma2oa2010111520341609.th.jpg

uhOeJGoVV5g

CUbMv3c_7es

The camera is activated by pressing the END button on you keyboard and deactivated by clicking the right mouse button.

Navigational controls for the camera can be set in the game controls under Bulldozer.

To make it work in your mission you need to put the provided script files ("init.sqf" and "commandInterface.sqf") into your mission folder.

Have fun!

Download

Things to note:

1. High command is not available in the freelook commanding camera

2. If you play as the fireteam leader and issue a move command to all units (including yourself) in the FCC and you exit the camera before the order was executed, it will be stalled until you re-enter the FCC or you issue a new command. This has to do with how ArmA handles move orders. It seems ArmA only orders one unit in a selection of some units to move to a location, all other connected units will just follow along.

In the situation described the team leader gets the move order and the rest of the team follows him. Upon exiting the FCC you retake control of the leader and the rest of the team now follows you instead of moving to the desired location.

If you want the move order to be executed after exiting the FCC you will have to issue seperate orders to the leader and the rest of the team.

PS:

I'm new to modding ArmA and this was the first time I've used its scripting language (I'm not new to coding though).

Took me over 10hrs to make these scripts because I had to research everything in the wiki and these forums.

I hope you like this mod and that I didn't miss any bugs.

Edited by MrXToTheN
New version.

that's cool , so this is basically tying high command to camera.sqs?

yes, it is ;)

at the moment high command is not available in camera mode though, but I will implement that soon.

I love it. If only I could think of things like this!

This is awesome, especially for a first time. I can already think of a million uses for it.

I look forward to more :D

at the moment high command is not available in camera mode though, but I will implement that soon.
Nice, this has to go had in hand with high command. Not sure if your familiar with Arma1 COC/CEX mod but it was high command on steroids with this camera control, will be great to see the camera option back .. great work.

To have it so it can auto attach to a group (so you can watch them fight and control if they are in another place on the map, for friendly groups would be good).

Always found high command and playing Warfare a little boring without a camera to watch battles, starts to bring the Turn based view into play, makes for more playing as a controller with overview and less first person.

Can this be put into Warfare too?

Edited by mrcash2009

Nice, this has to go had in hand with high command. Not sure if your familiar with Arma1 COC/CEX mod but it was high command on steroids with this camera control, will be great to see the camera option back .. great work.

To have it so it can auto attach to a group (so you can watch them fight and control if they are in another place on the map, for friendly groups would be good).

Always found high command and playing Warfare a little boring without a camera to watch battles, starts to bring the Turn based view into play, makes for more playing as a controller with overview and less first person.

Can this be put into Warfare too?

I'm familiar with CEX and it's very good. It was an inspiration for making what you see here.

I'll be working on switching to different groups, but first I have to take care of some other things.

At the moment I doubt the scripts work in multiplayer, but I'll look into that at a later date. I too have always wanted a freelook camera in Warfare as a commander.

The things I'm working on now are:

- toggle giving high command over all groups of one side to one person on a button press

- enable standalone use of mod (not mission specific) and multiplayer support

Edited by MrXToTheN

can we have this in a way where it works all the time without having to make a mission?

can we have this in a way where it works all the time without having to make a mission?

I'm looking for a way to do that ;)

Haven't found one yet, but there sure is one, if I look at other mods.

I'm looking for a way to do that ;)

Haven't found one yet, but there sure is one, if I look at other mods.

The mod is now a standalone addon.

Works fine in multiplayer but it has prompted a question/request.

Can this be assigned to just 1 player? so noone else can use it except him.

Loving the script so far, has been really useful.

Works fine in multiplayer but it has prompted a question/request.

Can this be assigned to just 1 player? so noone else can use it except him.

Loving the script so far, has been really useful.

I'm pretty sure I could modify it to only allow the teamleader to do it. I will put that on to my todo list.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was thinking about just one guy as opposed to team leaders. Meaning you have a "commander" character who can access this stuff but everyone else is subordinate to him and cant access.

Its for a mission where the "commander" organises a group of real people and has to pass information about upcoming enemies and targets etc.

Not sure how that character would be identified, probably his ID or maybe have hime as a different side to everyone else.

Let me know if you need help, im a fairly good scripter. :)

cheers

Edited by ker8er0s

Your idea sounds good.

The last weeks the project was inactive, sorry for the late reply. I was busy studying for university and am now in the middle of semester exams.

After I'm finished with that (end of february) I'd be interested to continue working on the mod.

Any help is very welcome ;)

awesome.

I will have a proper look through the scripts etc and get up to date on its current status.

I will pm over my email for future discussion.

thanks again.

**Edit**

I have had a look through and have worked out restricting usage to certain unit types, also taken out the spawned pilot that acts as commander, due to the fact this will break the HC in MP when you rejoin etc.

Edited by ker8er0s