Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Vietnam the Experience: released!

Hello,

I noticed while browsing through the tactical.nekromantix.com forums, that the Vietnam: The Experience Mod is released since ages and nobody seems to have noticed it.

Here in case you have missed it:

7_mkJ.jpg

4hpkA.jpg

14eu10.png

tank2zpsk.png

Download Link:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/vte/vte-arma2.php

Edit: Added images

Edited by Commonplace

guys be aware certain stuff is still being worked on, the VTE team work on an update the mod as they progress type approach, once in the editor you can look that some things still are needing textures and stuff. They release the mod in stages etc as they complete work, this latest release is very stable and much fun.

Edited by Bigpickle

Yeah I seen it and the UH-1C gunship was actually a UH-1D in game.... They need to fix that....

Wow, that is good OFP memories...

And the sheridan is still there :yay:

With Lingor coming soon it'll be rumble in the Jungle !

Hmmm...is it really the released version ? I am confused. I see several unfinished vehicles on all sides, missing textures and stuff...

Isnt it a public beta maybe ?

its the full released version still with a few bugs but very stable and a huge amount of everything :)

Report it on our forums, or pm me. It went through much testing so this comes as news to me

Thanks for posting commonplace .

Hmmm...is it really the released version ? I am confused. I see several unfinished vehicles on all sides, missing textures and stuff...

Isnt it a public beta maybe ?

It's enought to be playable and it has a lot of jungle islands to recreate whatever you want. I haven't seen any mod that includes so many maps :O. The textures could not be the best that i have seen, but still it helps to keep the fps hight, even on these huge jungle maps.

For me the worst bug that has this mod it's that all bridges and some other buildings are well... you must see it to understand :

omgek.th.jpg

Edited by columdrum

that should of been fixed. was it only that map or all of them ?

I have to tell that I am flattered by this release.

This is by far one of the best mod releases in ArmA.

Have you ever seen lots of well made (not only OFP-Ports) toys to play with,

with an actual accompaining Campaign which does not focus on the US only point of view?

I mean, its so refreshing to play as australian, good job on that.

Also the islands are well made, not the best but not the worst as well. This and Unsung combined: Absolute win!

So none of the missions I created using the VTE Preview work anymore since loading the VTE release, is there a way to fix this or is everything done in the preview version a right off now?

:(

I'm pretty sure they will be looking into it but just remember my earlier post.

Edited by Bigpickle

Don't get past Mission 4, my nerves just aren't hard enough.

I mean jungle patrols, clearing enemy hotspots, finding enemy ammo crates, trying to avoid

enemy patrols etc. in one mission? Thats just too much for me, but the missiondesign keeps me

motivated (want to know how this story turns out)

Anyone played that far to tell me how to succeed?

Fox will you proceed updating this mod and resolving bugs ??

we're working on it. I can't put a date on anything, but yes we (well mostly snake man) is resolving bugs

Edited by Fox '09

we're working on it. I can't pot a date on anything' date=' but yes we (well mostly snake man) is resolving bugs[/quote']

This is great !!

The mod has an awesome plaiability !! Just some bugs and some old ofp models to be redone !!

I know i.e. vilas has made a lot of nice weapons in his P85 mod and also ww2 weapons pack (inside @31stWWII) suitable for vte !!

This vte is brutally fps friendly and islands are very immersive !!

Just DON'T look in that mod.cpp in the mod folder, major insult to the peoplo who made this possible.. well done guys... NOT..

I would of thought there would be more respect..

As it is I will still look at what you have done, but you could of at least removed that insult.

Just DON'T look in that mod.cpp in the mod folder, major insult to the peoplo who made this possible.. well done guys... NOT..

I would of thought there would be more respect..

As it is I will still look at what you have done, but you could of at least removed that insult.

What no sense of humour :confused: I'm sure they are just larking around and it wasn't ment to be rude

Edited by Bigpickle

Am I the only one who can hear the sound loop of the engine-sounds very clearly? For example with the F-100.

Every 2-3 seconds there is a very distinctive "click" sound when the loop starts again.