Sign in to follow this  
Sif

Squad Logos.

In the past I was hugely unaware of the ability to add logos ingame to be seen on vehicles and units. I am wondering if the Devs forgot to add it back on to the default Units? I am guessing a few Units also would love to see this added back in, anyone else notice they were gone aswell?

Example: http://www.mattsif.com/arma2/ArmA2OA%202010-10-16%2000-48-06-63.jpg

I'd really love to be able to be able to see this feature looked at again, I really enjoyed seeing the Unit patch on your character.

Can somebody giv me a brief guide on how to do this? I saw it on bewarfare but iv no clue how to do it.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so this is my first post ;)

Do I get that right, that it is a bug, that the squad.xml logo is missing on the most units (all that I have tried now)?

That would be such a cool feature, when the logo would be displayed on the sleeve of the uniform without having to edit (and distribute) the skin itself..

Well, I saw the link Sif posted, does that mean the dev team is working to make this possible? If not, that would be my greatest wish for an update (ArmA2 and Arrowhead)...

;1794973']Well' date=' I saw the link Sif posted, does that mean the dev team is working to make this possible?[/quote']

It would appear so. Most the units are missing it right now.

Updated by Dwarden 2 months ago

• Status changed from Feedback to Assigned
  • Assigned to set to Dwarden
  • Target version set to Upcoming version
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10

Great. Maybe the logo on my shoulder keeps my comrades from shooting me..

"There, something moved *BAAM*" -> Zelgadis was killed by friendly fire ;)

I doubt that they will get this done as i think its at the bottom of the Prio. list. I have only seen the logo on some Russians and CZ muppets and didn't think of it as a bug but more as a extra option for the other units. On most vehicles they are present although i do have a "rotating groupname problem" with the F35. But why open a new tread just for this there are at least 4 other topics that discuss the exact same "logo"

When so many people want it, it should not be on the bottom of any prio list.

Additionally, it doesn't make sense that Opfor gets a fancy, cool feature, and the Blufor (which I think most people play) don't.

And it would be great for online squads, not just a "nice thing to have".

Yes you are right. Lets change the topic title to "We need BLUFOR squadlogo's!" and make a poll : do we want it yes or no :p :bounce3:

Yes you are right. Lets change the topic title to "We need BLUFOR squadlogo's!" and make a poll : do we want it yes or no :p :bounce3:

Being a nitpicker doesn't fix any problems either, I also didn't want to bump any ridiculously old topics just for it to be closed. It's a feature which a good portion of Units and clans loved in the past. I wish it would've been added more regularly but didn't.

Yeah, most new units (notably the British DLC units, but there are some more) are missing the patch/logo. Which really is a shame because I put a lot of work into it ;) It does work on UN and US troops and most A2 units though as far as I know. :)

I guess it's just the new DLC units that didn't get any .xml love :(

Can somebody giv me a brief guide on how to do this? I saw it on bewarfare but iv no clue how to do it.

By the way, for those that need it, here's a handy program for editing/creating your squad XML: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1490 To implement it, WillaCHilla's link is more than sufficient. :)

To create the images, you need to make them either JPG (no transparancy possible) or convert them to .paa, which you can do with TEXview, a BIS developing program.

Hey, I have a question concerning the squad.xml:

People say, squad.xmls would lag the server. Can someoen confirm that, since I never had the impression that it would be responsible for lag, sicne I play a lot Warfare and Valhalla where the squad.xml is enabled.

The squad.xml picture is downloaded by everyone on the server on player connect. It adds to the bandwidth, but once downloaded (in the case you already played with the guy, the picture is already on your PC), it doesn't add to anything.

So on the long term, there shouldn't be any problems with it, as long as the .paa of the squad is 2^n format (the ATI 19xx/2xxx series crashes the game if the squad.paa has diffrent format

Edited by PuFu

Thx for the (quick) answer PuFu.