Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

What patch(es) to use with which versions? If any? Hello?

Okay, this is just confusing. I'm checking the official patch -threads, checked the Wiki, and there is just too much information, all over the place. Please clarify this before I go do something stupid and end up breaking the game beyond repair.

I have the STEAM version of vanilla ArmA 2. I have the Sprocket versions of OA and BAF. In the main menu, the game is recognized as "Combined Operations". I'm currently using the latest beta patch, "1.55.75445".

Earlier today, STEAM auto-updated vanilla ArmA 2.

So... what do I do, at this point? On this very forum, there are threads for an ArmA 2 patch, an Operation Arrowhead patch and a British Armed Forces patch. Which one(s) do I download, if any? All of them? None? Does anyone know?

Well, I guess that since you have steam version, the steam should apply patches by itself.

From what I know, CO+BAF needs only OApatch.

But I might be wrong. Check forums, you might find something useful here.

(Look at: Sticky)

Check forums, you might find something useful here.

I am checking the forum, and that's exactly what confuses me so. There is either so much scattered information in the different pages of the different threads that my eyes cross, or there is so much condensed information in one place (that sometimes contradicts the aforementioned scattered stuff), I get somewhat overwhelmed and only more confused. (i.e. the Wiki.)

So I assume the gist of what you're trying to tell me is that since STEAM autopatched vanilla ArmA 2, I only need the OA update, because the BAF-patch is included in that one? But in one of the other threads here on the front page, it is claimed that I still need to apply the BAF-update manually.

Ugh. My head hurts.

So I assume the gist of what you're trying to tell me is that since STEAM autopatched vanilla ArmA 2
Yes - steam purchased games has to be updated via steam update only.

I only need the OA update, because the BAF-patch is included in that one?

Yes BAF1.1 patch is included in that 1.55OA patch .... although ....................

it is claimed that I still need to apply the BAF-update manually.

You need to then download the BAF1.1 patch again, it is a fixed version from the bugs introduced from that BAF1.1 patch via 1.55OA patch update.

Heres the BAF1.1 fixed version, apply this after the OA1.55 patch.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/ARMA2/patches/ARMA2BAF_Patch_1_01_fixed.zip

To recap ... use Steam to get you Arma2 updated for 1.08, then run the OA1.55 patch, then finally run the BAF1.1 fixed version (linked above).

Edited by mrcash2009

Aaah. I see. I couldn't have asked for a better reply. Thanks. :)

I've decided to hold off applying the latest CO patch, is the BAF 1.01 patch still useful or does it require the CO patch?

BAF doesn't "need" it, it just comes packed with it, the fix standalone 1.1 is in the links above, not sure really how connected they all are to have issues, I cant see it being that much of a problem, but then for what it adds maybe hold off and do the whole thing when your ready, no biggie if your not online in MP much.

PS ... I wished I held off too and stuck with my gut feelings, I did it, it got corruptions and had to completely re intall everything (first time ever since I got Arma2 on release day, has always been the same install) .. only to enjoy the LOD and flickering issues, but ... that's just my own personal experience with it.

Hmm, well I guess I will install just the BAF 1.01 then, as it contains the grenade launcher sight fix, which I want :) I'm a bit fed up having to use a USMC GL in a BAF group :D