Sign in to follow this  
aspire

Patch 1.55 Issues

Had a chat with Dwarden just now

A small notice:

1.56 is basically some minor fixes on bugs and a release on PMC + Lite

So all the issue will be fixed by 1.57 patch

Well even after running the latest beta patch I'm still getting the memory leak.

Damn I haven't been able to play for more than about 2 minutes without getting a memory leak, freeze and then CTD. Woo.

you got crash with 76067 ? where are dumps? i don't see them in my email yet !:eek:

Had a chat with Dwarden just now

A small notice:

1.56 is basically some minor fixes on bugs and a release on PMC + Lite

So all the issue will be fixed by 1.57 patch

Say what! get an quick no fix minor just for the DLC of the release PMC! Yet the big issues for you to be able to play the game will not be fix till 1.57! Put aside the DLC and get the issues fixed for the game.

I noticed another issue that occured sometimes in 1.54 but now very frequent in 1.55, extreme low pitched and slow speaking A.I.

Ranging from "giant monster from hell voice" down to "alien mumble sound", both not really understandable.

You can get the same effect if you pitch your own profile voice down like 0.01 in user.cfg.

So it must be something in A.I. config that sets the Voices that low randomly.

Happens in all Warfare mission, including user made Warfare BE or ZGM.

I had noticed that as well! It only occured on certain missions (mainly 'Trial by Fire'). The AI's voices can barely be heard at all, and my character's voice will fade out completely halfway through the helicopter ride to Utes.

Have you experienced this possible bug on that mission as well?

Posting my issue here because no one else seems to have had it. I have Steam Arma 2, non-Steam AO.

Patch 1.54: I can connect to any server on the list and host my own internet/lan server.

Patch 1.55: Every time I try to connect to any kind of server, I get a "Connecting failed." message, without fail. If I try and host a server, I get "Connection failed with Master Server."

Solutions I have tried: I put my router on dmz, forwarded ports 2302-2305, made sure Windows firewall has an exception to Arma 2 and OA, turned off Windows Firewall, made sure the A2/OA are running as administrator, made sure Battleye is updated, and tried the latest Beta patch. I even replaced my ADSL adapter and updated my router's firmware. I tried the first step that was recommended here, but am tentative about trying the second one. I've searched through all the relevant threads about "Connection Failed" on the forum and tried all their recommendations. I ran regular, vanilla Steam Arma 2 with 1.08, and got the same problem. Only thing I haven't done yet is reinstall OA, which is next on my list.

I was just hoping to make people aware that it appears 1.55 can break people's ability to connect to any and all servers, without crashing--something nobody has mentioned yet.

i install the 1.55 patch for OA( i have Arma 2 steam and OA non steam) and everytime i install the 1.50 to 1.55 patch, it still says i have version 1.54.

I cant find a patch that goes from 1.54 to 1.55.

So im assuming this is why when i play Arma II: AO with my 4770 cf OC at 1750/1000 i cant even play normal with-ought getting MAJOR lag issues? because i can max crisis (35 fps stable) and metro 2033 (34 stable)but i cant play Arma on low with sight reduced ext. witch looks like... well.... the thing in your toilet. someone please respond.

info : arma II: ao (steam copy)

processor: Phenom II x4 965 BE

Graphic: 4770 crossfire oc to 1750/1000

I have to say for the $40 bucks i just spent on the game i am very dissatisfied and probably will not buy another game from Bohemia again.

Edited by Orvis25

Say what! get an quick no fix minor just for the DLC of the release PMC! Yet the big issues for you to be able to play the game will not be fix till 1.57! Put aside the DLC and get the issues fixed for the game.

1.57 will remove Disc Check for OA etc.

and the recoil dust for tanks etc.

Those are called major in my mind [Dragged for long time]

beta patch 76067 still havn't fix the problem that been bugging me. n i did not run it with any kind of mod.

it still looks like this

n also still the longer u play the worse it get also lower n lagging FPS.

so you guys don't think thats a problem or is that the imporvement? plz tell me not

E8400

4870 1G with the latest driver 10.10

4g ram

vista 32bit

Edited by j rock

I had no perf issues with 1.54.

I upgraded to 1.55 CO (non-steam) on both my PC and my linux server and have been troubleshooting the various issues.

I run BE warfare 2.065. Since 1.55 update, I cant disconnect from the server and rejoin. Theres something broken with the initialization (JIP), and I never get fully initialized back into the game. This init seems slower than it did in 1.54 and im wondering if there is some timing issue. Im now running without mods to see if I can duplicate the issue. It seems to happen after the game has been going on awhile.

To make matters worse, after a couple hours, and especially if Im managing a large number of units, the frame rate drops, and keeps dropping until the client-side hangs and CTD - and then I cant rejoin due to the JIP issue. My partner also experiences this.

AI choppers are problematic. They crash into power lines, tops of houses, and constantly 'porpoise'.

Ive enjoyed this game for about a year now, even through all the issues -- but 1.55 seems to be throwing too many curve-balls at me.

I guess Ill reinstall and patch up to 1.54. The only issue there is that from what I understand my base ARMA 2 and OA (which I d/l'd from sprocket) only get me 3 installs (is this correct ?), and this will be the 3rd time.

Specs:

client: Windows XP, Q9650 quad-core, 4gb DDR2, ATI HD5850

Server: Q6600, 4gb DDR2 running Redhat:

2.6.27.41-170.2.117.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Thu Dec 10 11:00:29 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

So im assuming this is why when i play Arma II: AO with my 4770 cf OC at 1750/1000 i cant even play with-ought getting MAJOR lag issues preventing me even being able to play the game? Because i can max crisis (35 fps stable) and metro 2033 (34 stable)but i cant play Arma on low with sight reduced ext, witch looks like... well.... the thing in your toilet and still only get a max fps of like 10.

Someone please respond!!!!!

Info :

Arma II: ao (steam copy)

processor: Phenom II x4 965 BE

Graphic: 4770 crossfire oc to 1750/1000 (Cat ver. 10.11)

I have to say for the $40 bucks i just spent on the game i am very dissatisfied with the customer service. has been 3 days and no response, and probably will not buy another game from Bohemia again.

So im assuming this is why when i play Arma II: AO with my 4770 cf OC at 1750/1000 i cant even play with-ought getting MAJOR lag issues preventing me even being able to play the game? Because i can max crisis (35 fps stable) and metro 2033 (34 stable)but i cant play Arma on low with sight reduced ext, witch looks like... well.... the thing in your toilet and still only get a max fps of like 10.

(...)

I have to say for the $40 bucks i just spent on the game i am very dissatisfied with the customer service. has been 3 days and no response, and probably will not buy another game from Bohemia again.

Lag issues? Lag is Multiplayer related, don't mix this with low FPS please.

And cussing at everyone doesn't help.

So what patch do you run then? 1.55? Did you install current BETA? Can you please be more specific? What does exactly happen and did you try playing around with VRAM settings? For some "High" works better, for some "Default".

Set in-game AA to "Normal", View Distance to 4000 (adjust up later, if needed), and try with Postprocessing Off or Low.

All the other settings shouldn't have such grave impacts.

At any case don't try to yank every setting to the max, it will overload almost any gear.

Lag issues? Lag is Multiplayer related, don't mix this with low FPS please.

And cussing at everyone doesn't help.

So what patch do you run then? 1.55? Did you install current BETA? Can you please be more specific? What does exactly happen and did you try playing around with VRAM settings? For some "High" works better, for some "Default".

Set in-game AA to "Normal", View Distance to 4000 (adjust up later, if needed), and try with Postprocessing Off or Low.

All the other settings shouldn't have such grave impacts.

At any case don't try to yank every setting to the max, it will overload almost any gear.

I used the latest beta witch is the equivalent to 1.56 id assume (76076). And its not in multilayer only. Its in single-player also that i hit a max of like 10-15 fps *depending on map to*. I mixed all setting multiple times trying about 30 combination's and it all resulted in 2 things.

1) the game is blurry past like 20 feet and looks horrible

2)i get 10-15 fps max with freezes every like 5 feet i walk.

Im going to fraps my game today *if i can with the lagg* and post on my youtube account.

I know it cant be my gpu's because i tested each individual today and they both function correctly, my processor passed a stress test today also, i monitored my hdd and it was not freaking out with read times, so it hast to be the game.

Also, sorry if i came off like i was mad at the world, but im sure why you spend $40 on something brand new, it dose not work, customer support dose nothing but pick their nose (they actual FINALLY got back to me and told me to update my CCC to a newer version, after i said i had the newest..... WOW smart guys on their end... not happy.:mad:), and your customer is frustrated, i am sure sometimes it happens accidentally. So sorry guys, didn't mean to be angry at you guys, thanks for helping. :bounce3:

Edited by Orvis25

1) the game is blurry past like 20 feet and looks horrible

2)i get 10-15 fps max with freezes every like 5 feet i walk.

Well, we need more information. Check all your background processes, specially your security suite.

Shut them down one-by-one before restarting the game or just turn them all off first, to see if it's making a difference.

I've seen that background task like "Gamebooster" or some Antivirus/Security Suites can mess cruelly with the game.

Have you got any special settings done in your CCC? If yes, can you revert to defaults first?

Well, we need more information. Check all your background processes, specially your security suite.

Shut them down one-by-one before restarting the game or just turn them all off first, to see if it's making a difference.

I've seen that background task like "Gamebooster" or some Antivirus/Security Suites can mess cruelly with the game.

Have you got any special settings done in your CCC? If yes, can you revert to defaults first?

i doubt my security suite is causing the problem, cause this

happen every times, with 76067 patch or without... n it happen not only in MP, single play in editor as well with only 4 tanks no script (without using any mod)

also i m sure BT and all other program r off except anti virus n i don't use gamebooster.

i m using symantec anti virus, i doubt they all use symantec. though i m not a programmer, i will sure shut down my anti virus c if it slove the problem...

sum 1 said if i delete armaoa.cfg would help, it didn't

plz tell us what to look for i really love to give as much info as i could. n what is ccc????

running in admin mode

E8400

4870 1G with the latest driver 10.10

4g ram

vista 32bit

i have already tried everything you recommended unsuccessfully, and no the only "special" setting in ccc im usign is enabled crossfirex

It seems something in the latest patches messed up the correct thread- detection, so I recommend everyone who has trouble running the game since 1.55 to use "exthreads=..." parameter in commandline again (1,3,5,7 are valid settings).

Yeah, ever since 1.55, me and my group's performance plummeted big time--and the latest beta hasn't done much to improve it. All our settings are the same as its always been without any issues right up until 1.55 reared its ugly little head. We thought it was a mod or a few that might have screwed up, but after an entire's day or testing every conceivable setup--including vanilla, vanilla+latest beta--there is so much stuttering out of nowhere, games become unplayable for most. I have about 20 ping on the server, and even I see unplayable warping. Drive up the road, stop in the middle for a few moments and when the game comes back--you're either embedded into a tree or up the side of a cliff.

At this rate, I'll give @ST's advice a shot. If that doesn't work, I guess me and my guys will have no choice but to reinstall everything and go back to the patch before 1.55 and hopefully will have playability restored. :-\

At this rate, I'll give @ST's advice a shot. If that doesn't work, I guess me and my guys will have no choice but to reinstall everything and go back to the patch before 1.55 and hopefully will have playability restored. :-\

Hold your breath for 1.56 yet, getting released tomorrow (hopefully).

Thanks for the heads up, Fireball. Hopefully that'll help. :)

beta patch 76067 still havn't fix the problem that been bugging me. n i did not run it with any kind of mod.

Why aren't you reporting this in the proper 76067 beta thread?

/KC

"It seems something in the latest patches messed up the correct thread- detection, so I recommend everyone who has trouble running the game since 1.55 to use "exthreads=..." parameter in commandline again (1,3,5,7 are valid settings)."

Is the above a solution to the patch issue? If so can you explain what you are saying perhaps a how to. I'd love to play again but 1.55 is shutting me down to where the game is unplayable...