Sign in to follow this  
aspire

Patch 1.55 Issues

i have a serious problem getting the 1.55 installed i have tried everything my m8s in MARSOC has suggested thus far and im at the end of the road here.

what i do is i uninstalled arma 2 + OA then i cleaned my registry for any residual arma related files reboot then install arma 2, try the game then i install OA, then i apply the 1.55 patch and i get no error messages at all while patching but when i launch the game and look at the version number in bottom right corner its still at 1.54 no matter what

any ideas or help is much appreciated

specs is as follows:

graph card:nvidia 9800GT 512 mb newest driver

arma 2: disc version

OA: sprocket version

all right issue solved apparently it was the 6th updater that couldn't "see" the update so now i'm launching from the "arma2OA" icon on the deskæ with an extended targetline including the ace mod and others

I got allot of hangers at the moment and the grafics are worse the the last patch 1.54 Loading is real slow.

Don't you test a final patch before you release it? damm

I have:

Windows 7 64x ultimate

Core i7

gtx285top

6gb

Version: 1.55.75445

Hello I'm a new guy & this is my first post. I installed Arma II and OA (Combined Ops) from DVD and updated straight to 1.07/1.54. Everything was fine for the last few weeks. A couple of days ago, I updated to 1.08/1.55. Now the system freezes after 15-30 min of play, and then goes into a Blue Screen of Death. Now I'm back to 1.07/1.54 (thank goodness for backups - just make a copy of the BI folder in Program Files before installing) and its fine again.

The worst problem is that any mission progress you save while in the 1.08/1.55 is not readable by the older patch systems (incompatability), so you are screwed over saves in the new system unless you get the newer patch working. But I'm fine with 1.07/1.54 for now.

My System:

No mods or add-ons.

WinXP-32

3.2 GHz Duo Core

4 Gb RAM

ATI 8450 1Gb

500 Gb SATA Disk

Edited by MissionCreep

Same here. Game freezes after 15-30 minutes of gameplay. Seems to be a memory leak. When i look in the windows taskmanager the amount of reserved memory rises til 3420 MB then Arma OA freezes.

System Specs:

WinXP 32 | Core2 E8400 | ATI 4850 | 4 GB RAM (3,5 usable under XP32)

well to but this bluntly. ever sense the patch came out i have had nothing but issues. after say any where between 5 minutes to 30 minutes some times i have it in 2 minutes of game. i have horrible lag! and shift - flush does not fix it. any optimizations to my pc do not fix it. removing of addons does not fix it. removing of beta patch cant start my game. can any body please tell me what the deal is.

i have 4 gb of ddr3 ram amd Athlon ii x2 cpu windows 7 ultimate nvida geforce 240 video card.

btw zipper5 you Suck! and yes that's my opion of you.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI0zwAYz044&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI0zwAYz044&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

XDXDXDXDXD thats bloody funny kazenokizu that crazy ball guy r sooo freaking funny, i laugh so hard my eyes water my stomach hurt.... also its perfectly perfect for this case... man i still can't stop laughing XDXDXDXXDXD

Edited by j rock

LODs are loading incredibly slow with 1.55, sometimes the objects behind me disappear and when I quickly turn around it takes them a sec to reappear.

As many of the above LOD's are slow. Details that might help:

i7@4Ghz

10.10 Catalyst

1.55 Patch

1.52 or the previous patch worked fine. Our Clan members are not all having this issue. My friend has a Nvidia GTX275 with Vsync off and doesnt have this issue while another guy has a nvidia 9800GTX with the same problem i have. Very conflicting as i thought Vsync or the drivers might be the problem.

I noticed I get an AppHang error whenever I run a huge battle. This has only recently happened with the new 1.55 patch, before I was using 1.54 and I could have huge battles with AI infantry and aircraft. Today I ran a battle in Zargabad that had 30 - 60 infantry and I was flying over with a harrier shooting at the mosque and the game recieves the AppHang error.

System Specs:

MSI Geforce GTX465

Intel Cor 2 Duo 3.0 ghz

4 gb ram

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

750 W

-----------

Edit:

Just happened again, except this time I just started the Editor, place an aircraft, then started preveiw and it stopped working.

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: arma2oa.exe

Application Version: 1.55.75.445

Yes, I am running mods, CBA, Ace, AceX, VopSound 2.3, and SLX

Edited by WarMachine45

Specs:i7 920 @3.6/ht on and has never casued me any issues with oa)

Ati:4870x2

Ram:6gb

latest ati driver.

Best beta patch for me: 74630

current patch: 1.55

Setting's in game: texture/terrain/video/shadows all very high with pp and aniso off, anti-aliasing low, HDR normal and vsync disabled, interface resolution and 3d resolution 1920x1080

I have never had any issues untill now and getting various issues like texture loading and stuttering which were very apparent in Feruzabad...a bit of a bummer really as i've had a pretty much trouble free run since having OA, game just does not seem as stable as it was.

EDIT/23/11/10

I have uninstalled Catalyst Control Center and re-installed the display driver only and in my case it appears to be running better for now (with 75666 beta no addons)definitely a lot more consistent and more frame's but still very low frames in chernarus.. The 1.55 patch is now bearable doing this .... im also using task manager and setting the arma2oa.exe from normal to high priority but unsure wether this is doing anything but i am definitely seeing a big improvement somewhere. I know these wont work for everyone but it's an option.

Edited by KrIxXuS
Additional info.

I also have the strange low pitched slow weird monster from hell AI voices AND frequent texture popping stuttering loading issues regardless of view distance. Trees and buildings pop into existence and sometimes disappear when only a few tens or hundreds of metres away. Textures on some trees are blocky and very poorly rendered with insufficient detail even quite close to player. Also noticed AI repeatedly flying helicopters into the ground and freezing and frequent system hangs where I have to restart whole machine.

Windows 7 64 bit

i7 920 at 4ghz

6gb ram

5970/5870 trifire

Catalyst 10.8-10.10

Image quality also seems to have steadily deteriorated over the last year with vanilla arma 2.

In game setting all very high except post processing disabled aa high, AF very hign HDR normal

patch 1.55

Edited by Jacky60
add system specs

Patch 1.55 is not working. For me the game is playable, though framerate has gone down 20 FPS in the OA benchmark (1.54=54 fps, 1.55= 34). Intresting thing is that I used to play with settings ranging from low to high, and now with 1.55, I could switch everything (including AA) to high and I even gain a frame or two! Still it´s not as fast at it was. Especially performance in the villages and towns has detoriated a lot, it´s almost as bad as it was on OA release.

However, I don´t have any of those graphical problems that people are experiencing here. But my friends have all of them; blinking, textures not loading, extremely bad performance, CTD... These guys have played OA with steady 50 + frames until the 1.55 patch came out. Interesting thing is that I was able to aquire these problems too when I installed the latest betapatch

(75666).

Performance problems among my friends are not related to processor or GPU. With indentical set-up, one is able to play, other one gets a slide show. Both were fine before (1.54), playing with very high-setting and getting already mentioned 50+ FPS.

To make things even more confusing, I noticed yesterday that performance in the Island Panthera was great. Even better than before. Even in the biggest towns with multiple enemies and vehicles there was no performance drop. Transfer the same mission to Takistan and you get a nice slideshow to show to your relatives.

What is going on in here? BIS, please revert back to 1.54 ´cause game was stable and good performer then. These problems seem to be so wide rangeing that fixing things so that majority of the users will be happy could take a long time.

Quick hotfix back to the good ol´ days, thank you.

Oh, and if it matters, here´s my rig:

Phenom II X4 965 BE

5 GB RAM

Radeon 4890 Super OC (latest drivers)

Win 7 / 64 bit

Yes, I assume theres a giant Hotfix needed. Well if these extremely annoying issues actually bother anyone except for the ones having them...

I just don't understand why I can walk through tanks now. What happened between the last 1.54 beta and 1.55?

i just went back to 1.54 with 74360 Beta. Its just annoying that they couldnt fix it to the stable patch. They could at least have released another beta this week which fixes the problem, so you dont have to reinstall EVERYTHING. I also tried a single Arma2 installation with 1.8. No problems there...Also the choppers are flying normal without bugs. I dont get how they didnt manage to fix it after over 1 month. they really let the community down with so much problems...

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

it is my 4th posts on this issued now, havn't been bother turning on the game cause i know it will end in 20 min...

this is a strange bug eh some of my friend has it some don't even our com spec r almsot the same... and even whom has problem with it, his problem is different to mine, his game crash, i get the memory leak.

wonder how BI is getting on sloving this bug, it is a tough 1 to crack eh i guess, since not every 1 having the same symptom n worst some hav no problem at all.

love to know when they will be able to fix it or hav they pin the problem yet? they havn't had any update about the issued at all eh.

Edited by j rock

An issue we were having last night on our dedicated server was the player freezing up when they came out of looking at thier map. Anyone else got this one?

Had the same problem too, even reinstalled everything, just didn't check out if the problem still occurs, but for now I can say, that I never had this before installing patch 1.55. I will come back later and tell you if the reinstall solved it.

I found out, that this did not happen, when lowering the graphic options and/or not setting the view distance to like 3500-4000 m. I wasn't testing if it may occur some time later then it did when view distance was at 4000m.

Besides that I did not notice any other problems so far, but I haven't played more than like 1 hour since updating the game due to the game freezing when closing the map...was too annoying :P

My system:

mainboard: ASUS P5E Deluxe

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 (OC)

RAM: 8GB Corsair

graphics adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4870

sound: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

(drivers all up to date)

edit:

so I checked it after reinstalling my OS and ArmA2+OA+patch 1.55 and experienced the same problem. But only on Warfare maps on Chernarus and not, when setting view distance lower than 4000 m, which actually sucks, 'cause my system definetely usually was able to do like 6000-7000 m. This still works on Domination-map on Takistan. There I had no problems with that and graphics. Besides yesterday I also had objects that suddenly disappeared and came up again.

Well, as long as this won't be fixed it's impossible to have the gaming experience I had before patch 1.55.

Edited by flat_eric

Pacth 1.54 gave good performance for me. With 1.55 I've experienced system lock ups, inconsistent frame rate, texture LOD switching at close distance sometimes not switching at all for 5-10 seconds.

However the worst for me is ingame vsync since before I had it enforced by the GPU and performance was just great. Now Arma vsync overides my GPU settings and I must enable it ingame thus killing my FPS and causing stuttering :(

My system:

Mainboard: ASUS P6T

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz

RAM: 4GB Corsair

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 10.8)

Sound: M-Audio 2496

Right after installing 1.55 patch decided to look at warfare mode for the first time and discovered that the very last version in which i could buy units was official 1.54 (1.54.72888)

In any latest beta and official 1.55 buying menu for units is just blank. I can buy weapons tho. Reinstalled game, reinstalled operating system, reinstalled video and audio drivers, but it didn't help.

Using combined operations (ArmA 2 dvd + A2OA dvd).

Mainboard: Gygabyte P43-ES3G

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q 8400 @ 2.66 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

GPU: WinFast GTS 250

Sound: Creative Audigy 4

Ever since 1.55 if I walk straight forward everything is smooth, the objects in front of me look great but it seems like the ones behind me are completely "deleted" and when I turn around the game tries to quickly redraw them causing a huge frame rate drop.

Sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds for the objects to redraw. I had no such issues with 1.54.

+1 and sometime buildings redraw very ugly until I zoom in and see the building comes to be "finished" and textures are nice.

With 1.54 the game was running fine 100% great and stable, and now I must revert my settings to "normal" so I can turn arount my caracter in the game without loss of framerate and ugly objects.

My specs:

Asus P5K-E Motherboard

Intel Core 2 duo E6850 3Ghz @3.6

HD5870 1Go

4Gb DDR2 RAM PC6400

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

i just went back to 1.54 with 74360 Beta. Its just annoying that they couldnt fix it to the stable patch. They could at least have released another beta this week which fixes the problem, so you dont have to reinstall EVERYTHING. I also tried a single Arma2 installation with 1.8. No problems there...Also the choppers are flying normal without bugs. I dont get how they didnt manage to fix it after over 1 month. they really let the community down with so much problems...

Don't forget to thank BIS when the problem is fixed and the community is up again without such problem :bounce3: