Sign in to follow this  
aspire

Patch 1.55 Issues

Since Patch 1.55 I have experienced some highly annoying issues.

Buildings/Walls disappear when I dont look at them for like 5 seconds even if they are directly behind me and then they render back in, voicechat appearently is NOT working ingame anymore, you can see and hear yourself talking but no one else can and a number of different graphic issues. They just appeared after installing Patch 1.55 so that must be the problem please try to solve this stuff.

Note: Ingame voice is not usable for anyone I asked.

2nd Note: Please for once finish the work you started and test before release, seriously I love all your games and everything but this patch is serious crap. It created lots of problems and solved nothing.

Edited by Aspire

please always when You post about issues ...

include some details like

what OS you have

what graphic card You have

what driver build You have

etc.

Windows Vista 32bit

Nvidia GeForce GT240M

4gb RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6500

No clue about the drivers im a computernoob

Edited by Aspire

I have that sort of problem too after patching to 1.55 version. My system is:

-Windows 7 32bit

-AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400+

-NVIDIA GTS 250 512Mb

-4gb operative memory

-Video drivers version 260.99, last on the moment I'm posting this.

I having the same performance issue. Before the patch the game was running great.

Specs:

Intel Cor2duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Geforce GTX465

4 Gb Ram

750W

Edited by WarMachine45

suffering the excat same problem here eh the re re re re re re re re re re................ render problem with object from as close as 100 meter or less to as far as my pc could handle 4000 view distance even i turn it down to 2000 no change. it keep rendering until the framerate drop to total unplayable lets say less then 15.

And!!!!!! more then that actually thermo is bugged too i can see hot object just fine but can't c the enviroment they all turn into total darkness like house, hill, tree and any things. jus no contrast difference between things that dosen't radiate heat all pure darkness :mad:

E8400

4870 1G with the latest driver 10.10

4g ram

vista 32bit

if ppl can't get in server becasue of BAF!!!!!!!! and sum how stumble on to this post ur lucky day, because there is a hot fix on arma offical site to fix that. but not the rendering problem just yet.

Edited by j rock

Please could anyone suffering this issue specify:

* the last exact beta (build number) that did not have this problem

* and the first exact beta (build number) where this problem was introduced based on this list

from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

It would help us significantly to be able to address this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you

Last beta running good performance and quality wise was 74630

stability and performance problems arose with 74858 and were only lessened in 75445. The content changes in the patch are all right so far.

Problems in 1.55 mainly:

LOD of green leafy trees coming in to late...it pops up 2 sec to late, also the grass clutter in woods looks strange with LODs changing close to camera.

Buildings and some vegetation on Takistan also suffer frm noticable LOD changes...additionally draw distance of objects seems to be reduced again.

The current 1.55 is stable, does not crash anymore when changing control options or exiting the game etc. but shows meantiones performance and LOD weaknesses. Another issue is that A.I. seems to run into objects on roads more often as vehicle driver...often so hard that vehicles get damaged to the point of immobility.

1.55 broke my island featuring Berghoff's Vegetation. I hate the flashing LODs of the trees in the distance :/ even skyscrapers just pop up 500-700m away ...

74630 ok

74858 Constant CTD

75545 the worst

just read the topics on the betas :banghead:

1.55 broke my island featuring Berghoff's Vegetation. I hate the flashing LODs of the trees in the distance :/ even skyscrapers just pop up 500-700m away ...

Well that confirms allot for me, and yes its been ticketed here:

Add your woes sir!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

74630 ok

74858 Constant CTD

75545 the worst

Totaly agree with that pattern, exactly what I experienced.

I noticed another issue that occured sometimes in 1.54 but now very frequent in 1.55, extreme low pitched and slow speaking A.I.

Ranging from "giant monster from hell voice" down to "alien mumble sound", both not really understandable.

You can get the same effect if you pitch your own profile voice down like 0.01 in user.cfg.

So it must be something in A.I. config that sets the Voices that low randomly.

Happens in all Warfare mission, including user made Warfare BE or ZGM.

74630 ok

74858 Constant CTD

75545 the worst

I agree as well with above list even if I didn't CTD'ed with 74858 the limited time I tested it. Among the later betas build 74630 worked best for me in regards of performance, stuttering (notable when flying helis) and buildings/objects LOD-poping/drawing.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I noticed another issue that occured sometimes in 1.54 but now very frequent in 1.55, extreme low pitched and slow speaking A.I.

Ranging from "giant monster from hell voice" down to "alien mumble sound", both not really understandable.

Happens to us too on modified Domination, for certain AIs speaking on side channel (builtin automatic speech). Can't find any relevant info in .rpt, neither on server or client (Face and Glasses I don't find that relevant).

ArmA²: OA 1.55.75445

Win Vista 64bit

Asus ENGTX 480 260.99WHQL

Vegetation and textures on buildings flashing, and slow to render from a distance, occasional AI voice-over excruciatingly slow.

...Syn...

I can confirm the issues mentioned above (especially the problems related to vegetation and AI-Voice).

Specs:

ArmA²: OA 1.55.75445

Win 7 64bit

8 GB DDR2

8800 GTX 512 *2 (SLI)

6600 Quad

Could somebody please confirm that the overall performance becomes better when you turn on vsync @ options ingame? It seems to me that I experience less problems whenever I play with vsync enabled (ingame) although it's blocked @ nvidia driver panel (so it should make no difference - but as a matter of fact it does, which is somehow strange).

Could somebody please confirm that the overall performance becomes better when you turn on vsync @ options ingame? It seems to me that I experience less problems whenever I play with vsync enabled (ingame) although it's blocked @ nvidia driver panel (so it should make no difference - but as a matter of fact it does, which is somehow strange).

This isn't the thread for this, but: Triple Buffering works as intended when V-Sync is on. As well as the tear-frame not tearing your eyes out. Personally, I've always had V-Sync on, for games that allow the Triple Buffering, and I don't like my eye's torn out.

So yes, V-Sync enabled should provide you with the visual of performance, because frame-rates won't be erratic.

...Syn...

Well since updating Arma2 + OA I'm now getting a freeze/memory leak thing which primarily seems to occur when a big explosion or something takes place, but I can't pinpoint an exact cause. Admittedly I'm using ACE and a variety of other mods, but everything was playing nice till the update. Anyone else seeing anything similar? :confused:

This isn't the thread for this, but: Triple Buffering works as intended when V-Sync is on. As well as the tear-frame not tearing your eyes out. Personally, I've always had V-Sync on, for games that allow the Triple Buffering, and I don't like my eye's torn out.

So yes, V-Sync enabled should provide you with the visual of performance, because frame-rates won't be erratic.

...Syn...

You should read my post more carefully - normally your performance (not visual quality - I've never said that!) becomes worse when you enable vsync within a game, but this isn't the case after the new patch. Also (as I've already mentioned above) I disabled vsync @ driver panel, so it should make no difference whether I switch in on or off (within the game).

The point is that I only experience all the problems which were reported by the users above (like flashing vegetation & objects) when the vsync option is disabled ingame - so there could be a certain relation between the new vsync-option and all these issues.

And this is exactly the right thread for this topic as it could be related to the main problem within the new patch!