Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattlEye Installers (A2:OA, A2: RFT, A2)

Have you tried playing on a battleye enabled server on your home LAN and/or on your own PC? That way you should at least be able to rule out whether it's client or connection related.

Hi Terox

Did you have a whireshark-log?

See you later in your TS at Zeus ;-).

P.S.: Upload the log in your editor channel

Have you tried playing on a battleye enabled server on your home LAN and/or on your own PC? That way you should at least be able to rule out whether it's client or connection related.

I'm lucky enough to have more than one machine at home capable of running OA, which has completely different specs.

The other client has the same issue when trying to connect online, but had no problems when connecting and playing with a Lan server as you suggested

So this is looking like a connection issue.

I did notice 2 additional Battleye text messages once the mission started on the Lan client, which I didnt notice when trying to play online.

1) Server client version check message

2) GUID information

This should then rule out

• both the clients
  • my network cables from the clients to the router

My router is a Netgear N150 DGN1000. which I don't run using wireless connection

Hi Terox

Did you have a whireshark-log?

See you later in your TS at Zeus ;-).

P.S.: Upload the log in your editor channel

I'll make this available to you when i see you on TS

I've updated my original post with all the tests and events that have occured afterwards up to this point

Edited by Terox

Terox, could it be that your DGN1000 router has the same problem that several others have had with the same model? See this thread

The suggested solution there was to return it and get a different router.

Terox, could it be that your DGN1000 router has the same problem that several others have had with the same model? See this thread

Thanks for the feedback Killswitch

Mangoo's deciphering of the clientside wireshark log has indicated an issue either with the router or the client.

Because I have 2 clients with the same issue, both sharing the same router it's defintely looking like the router, so I'll be sticking it where the sun don't shine.

How can I connect to the internet without the use of my router/modem?

I have run the router with all security disabled and allowing any/all inbound and outbound traffic

This includes disabling "SIP ALG" whatever that is and Port Scan and DOS Protection

I've also tried using an older backup of the ArmA server bandwidth settings that I know was okay 6 months ago.

I'm still well and truly stuck.

I have a 2.5 minute wireshark log of my connection to the server available. I don't know what I am looking at, but perhaps $able may be able to decipher it and tell me what's going on

A router is no modem, and a modem is no router.

There are hybrids but then we're talking about a router with modem (or a modem with a router (rofl)).

Short answer; Replace the device with another one.

Setting everything "WideOpen" does not warant success, evidently :)

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Yea this ^ :) :cool:

Edited by Sickboy

Hmm seemed my BE client updated to new ver and now i cant connect to my own server ?.

Getting kicked with flw msg - Battleye:unknown game version.

I believe my client updated to ver 1.147 while my server is on ver 1.127.

Dorph;2082256']Hmm seemed my BE client updated to new ver and now i cant connect to my own server ?.

I'm having the same issue running the latest beta client (1.60.87662). Running release version client (1.60.87850) doesn't give this problem.

Dorph;2082256']Hmm seemed my BE client updated to new ver and now i cant connect to my own server ?.

I believe my client updated to ver 1.147 while my server is on ver 1.127.

I got the same issue, had to disable BE to complete my testing, it was latest beta server with beta client.

I got the same issue, had to disable BE to complete my testing, it was latest beta server with beta client.

Same here. Yesterday had no problems, today Getting kicked from all Multiplayer Servers- You were kicked. (Battleye:unknown game version.)

I have tried reinstalling Battleeye with the link from 1st page in this thread.

I'm on game version 1.60 87646 (NOT beta - hotfixed)

Battleeye version 1.147

I installed the 2 hotfixes for 1.60 two / three days ago and didn't have a problem until now. Can't join a server? Does Battleeye not like 2012 lol?

I have Arma2 and OA installed as CO from DVD. No mods or addons running.

edit - just downloaded 87662 and started with Beta shortcut in Arma 2 directory - same problem: You were kicked. (Battleye:unknown game version.)

Edited by PELHAM

Same here. Yesterday had no problems, today Getting kicked from all Multiplayer Servers- You were kicked. (Battleye:unknown game version.)

I have tried reinstalling Battleeye with the link from 1st page in this thread.

I'm on game version 1.60 87646 (NOT beta - hotfixed)

Battleeye version 1.147

I installed the 2 hotfixes for 1.60 two / three days ago and didn't have a problem until now. Can't join a server? Does Battleeye not like 2012 lol?

I have Arma2 and OA installed as CO from DVD. No mods or addons running.

Same here, can't play.

I've tried 87662 but same result.

It's defo BattleEye, uninstalled it completely from A2 and A2:OA - as soon as it updates to 1.147 it kicks you out of the game. 1.146 works fine.

Is there any way to prevent it from updating ? Tried to make the .dll read only but it updated anyway.

We have the same issue on server. Is it possible to take previous version of BE for linux server and disable it updating to 147?

NVM Dwarden says the BE Author is fixing problem.

Edited by PELHAM

BE author on it already, You need wait

Please only use the official final patch or the first hotfix for now.

o m g

it's not good :S

Yeah, we know it, but last beta prevents server crashes...

Waiting for normal fix

Yeah, we know it, but last beta prevents server crashes...

Waiting for normal fix

Actually you can use any version on the server. What I said only applies to the client.

Actually you can use any version on the server. What I said only applies to the client.

So i can't play beta even on beta server?

So i can't play beta even on beta server?

Not right now, but you will probably be able to play with the latest beta/hotfix shortly.

Not right now, but you will probably be able to play with the latest beta/hotfix shortly.

Okay, nice to hear, thnx for an answer :)

Build 87662 is now supported.