Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattlEye Installers (A2:OA, A2: RFT, A2)

issue fixed with steam but now CD users are getting the corrupted memory issue

Yup, on joining a BE server, I get corrupted memory #0. Tried a few times, any ideas?

Yup, on joining a BE server, I get corrupted memory #0. Tried a few times, any ideas?

but it's only on arma2... oa and combined operations now worked fine... and i have a steam version, no dvd !!

I have disk and getting the Battleye corrupted memory.

something like fraps or other overlay ?

Well me and aload of people using A2 + OA are getting battleye, corrupted memory #0, on disk just incase people wonder what game.

Edited by Bazooka301

Same problem here...'Kicked by BE: Corrupted Memory #0'

Running Win7 64-bit.

Disk version of both Arma2 and OA.

BE version: 1.145

This was a fix for only for the Steam version as i read it. The problems regarding the patch for CD version was the BAF signature problem. BE worked fine :)

This was a fix for only for the Steam version as i read it. The problems regarding the patch for CD version was the BAF signature problem. BE worked fine :)

and i have the steam version and get the corrupted memory issue...

and i have the steam version and get the corrupted memory issue...

may i ask, do you still get it when You disable STEAM Overlay ?

If you get "Corrupted Memory #0", you probably installed the wrong BE version, i.e. BE for A2 in [install dir]\Expansion\BattlEye or BE for OA in [install dir]\BattlEye.

Therefore, again:

BE for A2 goes to [install dir]\BattlEye.

BE for OA goes to [install dir]\Expansion\BattlEye.

Right now, because there is no newer version than the one you installed, it doesn't help to simply redownload the correct file and put it into on of those folders. You need to go to the appdata BE folder and manually copy it there.

Those are the OA appdata BE folders:

On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

On Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

I will let you figure out the A2 appdata folders yourself. ;)

Edited by $able

may i ask, do you still get it when You disable STEAM Overlay ?

both tested... w and w/o overlay... no effect ! get the error "corrupted memory" on be required servers... but its only arma2, oa and co working fine !! hope u can fix it...

If you get "Corrupted Memory #0", you probably installed the wrong BE version, i.e. BE for A2 in [install dir]\Expansion\BattlEye or BE for OA in [install dir]\BattlEye.

Therefore, again:

BE for A2 goes to [install dir]\BattlEye.

BE for OA goes to [install dir]\Expansion\BattlEye.

Right now, because there is no newer version than the one you installed, it doesn't help to simply redownload the correct file and put it into on of those folders. You need to go to the appdata BE folder and manually copy it there.

Those are the OA appdata BE folders:

On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

On Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

I will let you figure out the A2 appdata folders yourself. ;)

nope, i used the correct version of be.. both for arma2 and oa in different folders like ur example ! i still get the error... until the be update 1.145 my installation worked fine and no reinstallation or something else takes any effect, after beclient is updated to 1.145 i get the error ! manually copy not working...

Edited by -Flo-

nope, i used the correct version of be.. both for arma2 and oa in different folders like ur example ! i still get the error... until the be update 1.145 my installation worked fine and no reinstallation or something else takes any effect, after beclient is updated to 1.145 i get the error !

Mistakes happen. Please do exactly what I said and try again. Of course make sure you download the right BE Client in the first place (there are separate ones for A2 and OA!).

I still cannot connect to server due to initialisation error.

I've replaced the files manually following the instructions with the correct versions (OA etc) from battleye.com

It appears from my .rpt that battleye isn't even starting as the last entry mentioning battleye was last night at 19:29 when I gave up. It says Battleye updated to 144.

Any idea's before I throw my pc out the window?

Oh and I know the current version is 145, thats the one I got from website :(

Edited by KeefehB

Mistakes happen. Please do exactly what I said and try again. Of course make sure you download the right BE Client in the first place (there are separate ones for A2 and OA!).

thanks for help, but i do exactly what u say and have no effect ! still get in arma2 the error "corrupted memory" ! oa works fine...

now i started a data verification over steam again, so i can reproduce the issue after beclientupdate to 1.145...

edit : after updating beclient up to 1.145 i was kicked from server... corrupted memory...

Edited by -Flo-

but it's only on arma2... oa and combined operations now worked fine... and i have a steam version, no dvd !!

No its both, and spoken to many in the community they have the same. No overlay involved what so ever.

updated the URLs in first post to download of new up2date installers of BE

During our server update, we ran into a memory error issue :

Client had BE updated to latest version

Server had BE updated to latest version, but using the "ArmA2" dll on a OA server (I wrongly used the first url on the BE download page, which is ArmA2 and not OA)

=> client disconnected with corrupted memory error

I updated the server with the latest OA dll

=> clients is notified as up to date, and not disconnected

Maybe the clients issues remaining after upgrading their BE are due to error during server BE installation?

Squad buddy had the same problem. Corrupted memory #0

From what he told me(hes using steam): Remove the BE client in Arma2 root, and then overwrite the OA BE (Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/BattlEye). Restart the game and connect :)

or just run installers provided in first post ...

What do you mean by "installer doesn't work"?

You use it, then connect, and still get the issue, or you use it, and nothing happens? Because the installer execution is nearly instant, and looks like it does nothing