Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

BattlEye Installers (A2:OA, A2: RFT, A2)

In addition to battleye server, my server keeps crashing within 20minutes to an hour. Total network disconnect brings the server right down. I didnt not have this issue prior to patch.

I also am running steam. The server is a fresh install of arma2 OA with fresh server tool install. Battleye dont work and server shuts down within the first hour of use.

Same issue here. Steam version upated to 1.55. Cannot connect to any server running BE.

Giving credit where credit is due: my Steam update, while a day or so late, worked flawlessly.

But our server (TAW.net, North American) had the same Battleye issues, so we had to disable BE, which is not ideal. Hope to hear about a fix Monday.

Can confirm BattlEye fails to initialize. All Steam players are not able to connect to TV2 servers.

So your server is still running 1.54 and you are running the retail version of OA?

server running 1.55 and i have retail version of OA

ive even tried to disable battleye on our dedi box ( set it to read //BattlEye=0; //Server to use BattlEye system in the config ) but still cant join a game. Well i can get on the server choose a slot and start but as soon as it gets to the map screen and i select contine it crashes me ( and other stem users ) back to the map screen.

no matter what is done not one of our community on steam can play....this is ridiculous patchs are meant to fix things not break them.....or is this a ploy to get all steam users to go out and but a fresh retail copy of the game.....

server running 1.55 and i have retail version of OA

Why did you say you had the problem with the beta patch, which is 1.54?

this problem is not easy to track as it affect both STEAM (but no everyone) and non STEAM users (rarely)

patience please ...

I don't mean to be critical here Dwarden but are you sure that you have Steam users that can connect to 1.55 BattlEye enabled servers - everyone who has steam version in my small part of the world has the same problem - no exceptions - perhaps you could post some system/install details of a steam version that works with 1.55 BattlEye enabled servers.........and we could maybe help to solve this problem.

same here every member that has OA on steam cant connect to ANY servers at all. I have completly reinstalled all our servers again to no avail.....this is damned annoying...not only are steam 3 or 4 days behind in the patch but they borked it big style.

I also dont believe that there are some Steam users who can play on BE servers. Maybe they or dwarden can post some server addresses? And I also havent seen anyone with retail version who has this problem...

We still have very many people being kicked of by battleye, whilst running domination. We didnt have this at all before.

It seems quite random. First time they try to cennect they get kicked, second or third time without any changes, they geton without problems or oing issues!

Also we get hackers while running battleye. Today i noticed our public server running uptodate battleye, was invested with a script kicking everyone login onto the game (even admin) O NOOOO :eek: Gone after a reboot, but still not desirable!!!

( error of unknown script in arma2.rpt:

17:19:52 Error in expression <} do { _luckyWinner = playableUnits select round(random(_cpt)); if (isPl>

17:19:52 Error position: <select round(random(_cpt)); if (isPl>

17:19:52 Error Zero divisor

)

help !

Edited by BoomBoomSate

Devs are you sure theres not something wrong with the BEsetup thats packaged with the latest patch on steam? When I try to update battleye from steam now nothing happens at all. BEsetup folder is there with installer in it. If i try and run it from explorer it does exactly the same thing, double click and nothing.

Yet it appears in add/remove programs in control panel.

but there is no battleye folder anywhere to be seen in OA folder in steam. its like the installer isnt copying any files anywhere.

No longer a problem.

Edited by KillD.
Fixt

Devs are you sure theres not something wrong with the BEsetup thats packaged with the latest patch on steam? When I try to update battleye from steam now nothing happens at all. BEsetup folder is there with installer in it. If i try and run it from explorer it does exactly the same thing, double click and nothing.

Yet it appears in add/remove programs in control panel.

but there is no battleye folder anywhere to be seen in OA folder in steam. its like the installer isnt copying any files anywhere.

That's normal, read the first post. There should be a BattlEye folder in your Expansion directory.

Are they going to come out with a patch for STEAM users anytime soon? Or is it going to be business as usual?

Are they going to come out with a patch for STEAM users anytime soon? Or is it going to be business as usual?

as you can see, the problem is unrelated to STEAM (at least the application part)

beta build 75666 http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php is affected aswell ...

fix will be out when we kill the bug

so in the meantime we are paying to rent dedicated servers that we cant get on and play.....thats a bit like paying for a taxi and walk by the side of it as it drives to your destination.

the BE installer is just that fast, please read the description in first post

installer works silent because it is supposed to be silent, also if there is same or newer version of BE present it just skips

the BE developer is here on forums so BE don't need own forums (TB/MP section shall be enough)

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

so in the meantime we are paying to rent dedicated servers that we cant get on and play.....thats a bit like paying for a taxi and walk by the side of it as it drives to your destination.

what prevents you to disable BE for time until this is resolved?

I have tried this as well

I have set the server.cfg file to read... // some ArmA specific stuff - signature verification

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

//onDifferentData=""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

//BattlEye=0; //Server to use BattlEye system

Yet i still cant play.

We can conect to the server, read the mission, but as soon as we hit continue on the map screen we get kicked back to the server list lobby.

@=WBG=cpt_custard - BattlEye=0; in your Server.cfg then you can play on your server.

@Dwarden: we'll see how long it lasts....thanks for the quick support i mean reply.

Edited by stone7187

**UPDATE**

I have just Removed the battle eye client from our servers installation totally....removed all DLLs and anything battle eye related also the same on my installation on my own rig yet as soon as i try to connect i get kicked from the server back to the mission lobby.

In your server.cfg, the line

//BattlEye=0; //Server to use BattlEye system

is commented

remove the "//" to uncomment it and make BE really disabled

A battleye=0 server shouldn't run BE and kick people at all, period. If it still does => config issue, unless someone can confirm BE can't be disabled in this very version

**UPDATE**

I have just Removed the battle eye client from our servers installation totally....removed all DLLs and anything battle eye related also the same on my installation on my own rig yet as soon as i try to connect i get kicked from the server back to the mission lobby.

i posted this man.....

@=WBG=cpt_custard - BattlEye=0; in your Server.cfg then you can play on your server. if u removed the dll from the server folder do a shutdown to reboot the server with the new settings...and don't Hi-jack threads.