default steam install location so C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

win7 home premium 64bit

BE innitialisation failed. try replacing the BE .dll from website, no go

followed Dwarden instruction on other post, no go

Same problem

ArmA2 Combined ops on Steam.

Win7 ultimate x64

Default steam dir.

Kicked for Battleye initialization failed.

I got same problem here too..

Arma 2 & OA & BAF all on steam,

When trying to join battleye enabled servers i can get in to choose team menu then it loads the level but goes straight back to the sever selection screen with no error.

no battleye servers are fine.

Iv tried the following...

Reinstalling everything, Arma 2, OA, & BAF,

Tried to re-install battleye thru steam drop down menu on arma 2 & it worked ok.

Tried to re-install battleye thru steam drop down menu on OA & it failed, came up with a warning *MISSING STRING* and did nothing. (anybody else get that?)

Uninstalled OA battleye through control panel & that went fine. Reinstalled from website and that didnt seem to do much, windows 7 asked if program had installed correctly, i clicked yes.

Still same problem on joining MP battleye server.

Tried reinstalling BE through steam one more time, MISSING STRING.

Noticed that in arma 2 folder there are 2 folders. BEsetup & battleye, in Arma2OA there is only BEsetup, no battleye folder appears when i re-install battleye. dont know where the files are going but they are not in the right place.

Singleplayer is running very well so good work on the optimizations, 8000k view distance, everything on high 1920x1080, AF med, AA low. big step up settings wise for me :)

Windows 7 64bit, steam in D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\arma2OA\, catalyst 10.10

Edited by rory_pamphilon

Im amazed to see how big of a problem this is. And it could have been avoided by some pre-release testing. Oh well...lets just hope its patched soon...:(

:( To anyone from STEAM:

I got Windows 7 64bit, Arma2, Arma2 OA and BAF from steam.

Got the automatic update from steam on the 13.11.10, since then i can join only 2 MP serves. All the other servers i join, get to the screen where i can choose my player slot and then i get kicked out straight to the Arma2 multiplayer lobby, no error message or anything.

We narrowed it down to be a problem with Battleye which seems to fail to start.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Battleye, no joy. Tried beta patch 75445 - no joy. Tried without beta patch - no joy. Tried to run as administrator - no joy. Tried rollback to beta patch 74630 through Yoma addonsync - could join 1.54 servers.

All of our friends who are running NON-STEAM version have no problems at all. All of us with STEAM version cant play.

I don't know who reads this but if its someone from STEAM, could you please fix this for us! Please! Its been 3 days now...i know its weekend over there (Australia here).

blanic for last time

it's not issue affecting everyone and it's not STEAM related either

there are STEAM users able play on BattlEye servers fine

and non-STEAM users not able to play on BattlEye servers

we are looking into the problem

also i would like to point out it's weekend ...

Exactly...the weekened. When we all finally have time to play...and can't....now its Monday...no time to play. I read a book thanks to u dwwarden! A book!

Also steam user for everything. Win 7 prof 64

blanic for last time

it's not issue affecting everyone and it's not STEAM related either

there are STEAM users able play on BattlEye servers fine

and non-STEAM users not able to play on BattlEye servers

we are looking into the problem

also i would like to point out it's weekend ...

We have a fairly large gaming community in australia and new zealand and we have yet to find ONE(!) STEAM-Version user who is able to play Arma2 1.55 on a BattleEye enabled server. Where are all these happy STEAM users who can play? So we have trouble believing your statement, sorry mate...

We have a fairly large gaming community in australia and new zealand and we have yet to find ONE(!) STEAM-Version user who is able to play Arma2 1.55 on a BattleEye enabled server. Where are all these happy STEAM users who can play? So we have trouble believing your statement, sorry mate...

Well im yet to find one without steam getting the same problem!

I had a same problem after installing ARMA2OA 1.55 patch, resolved by re-downloading and re-installing BAF 1.01 patch. I have non-steam version, hope that helps.

I had a same problem after installing ARMA2OA 1.55 patch, resolved by re-downloading and re-installing BAF 1.01 patch. I have non-steam version, hope that helps.

You may well have had what you think was same problem.....

But if you was disconnecting from server because of BAF, then you got the same symptoms, but was a different problem.

Edited by Wildgoose
spellin mistake

All purchased on Steam(ArmA 2, ArmA2 OA, Arma 2 BAF)

Windows Vista 64

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

Ati (now amd ;) ) 4850 Running Catalyst 10-5 drivers

4 GB Ram

Same problem as everyone else here, I believe. Can't join OA or BAF servers, but can join original ArmA 2 servers.

Like someone else has mentioned, I was able to join a OA/BAF server right away after patch. Once I had left that server though, closed the game, did something else for a while, came back to OA/BAF, I was no longer able to join any server(except those with Battleye not required).

My Steam is set up to run as Administrator.

Edited by Druidpeak

i have several community members on skype who claims to me to have all 3 titles on STEAM, w7 64bit and can play on BE servers fine...

same goes for these who have retail and can't play for exactly the same BE init problem

that's why such issue is harder to isolate than just if it's only STEAM users

simply put if it was easy to nail and fix, it was already done

i have several community members on skype who claims to me to have all 3 titles on STEAM, w7 64bit and can play on BE servers fine...

same goes for these who have retail and can't play for exactly the same BE init problem

Thx for your speedy reply,

I'm glad you guys are addressing the issue and i hope its on top of your priority list :)

3 titles on Steam and also Win7 64bit and I have the problem. Maybe you shall track down what you have changed since the last version (client and server) related to this problem.

Can you post the servers where your contacts can play?

Edited by birtuma

Was just able to reinstall Battleye on Arma2 OA and then tried to join a Battleye 1.55 server. Got kicked out again... I could not see it but a friend of mine in the game saw this:

Toughtitties: Battleye Initialization Failed

Don't know if it helps, but here it is.

Win7-64bit, Arma2 + OA + BAF on STEAM

I have w7/64 A2 A2OA BAF (full Version) all from steam - kicked back to multiplayer lobby when battle eye fails to initiate. Happens on all 1.55 servers running battle eye.

Date of BattlEye BEclient.dll in users\appdata is 29/09/2010 - date of BEclient.dll in A2OA\expansion is 15/11/2010 so new dll is not downloading from server at all. Almost all of our clan have steam version - all have same problem.

I'm encountering issues connecting to v1.55 servers with the same issues as being encountered by several others here.

Win7 Ultimate x64

STEAM user (for all ARMA2 + Expansions + DLC's).

STEAM and all d/l software are installed to the the default location.

I've manually d/l and installed the BESetup &BEClient.dll's for both ARMA 2 & ARMA2: OA (from the BattlEye website)

I'm experiencing the same thing with my steam client....whats up with that..you say its not Steam ah...If steam auto updates that means that it certainly isn't the steam users but the client, come on battleye...? :cool:

Windows Vista Sp 2 Home Premium 32 Bit

STEAM user (for all ARMA2 + Expansions + DLC's).

STEAM and all d/l software installed in the default location.

I have steam versions arma2 at 1.08 and OA at 1.55 on winXP.

I'm having the BE failed to Initialize error.

I've tried manually (not thought steam) reinstalling BE for OA etc.

When i do try to reinstall BE for OA in steam I get this error " !!! MISSING STRING. ", twice in fact, first is and "Error Popup" second is a "Warning popup".

I've seen this mentioned before but can't find the post.

When i try reinstall BE for Arma2 in steam i get steam popup saying " Arma2 is unavailable try later " or something like that.

!!! MISSING STRING error might mean something to someone at Steam, BE, BI ? :/

I have been doing some testing with my own client /dedicated server setup (both standard steam installs A2,A@OA, BAF updated on 13/11/2010).

I have discovered that the BattlEye non intialisation problem occured first with beta patch 75445.

To elaborate server is running arma2oaserver.exe updated manually from steam on the 15/11/2010 other than that all other files autoupdated from steam on 13/11/2010.

If client is running beta patch 74858 (updates client to 1.55) i have no problem joining my own or any other 1.55 server WITH BattlEye enabled.......install beta patch 75445 and then cannot join my own or any other BattlEye enabled 1.55 server.

Looking at the changelog for 75445 it seems that a new feature was added that allowed the client to disable or enable vsync.....my guess is that this routine has somehow broken BattlEye initialisation for steam users....maybe not but it appears that something was done by the developers between 74858 and 75445 that broken BattlEye initialisation particularly for Steam users.

Conclusion is that this is most likely a Steam/BI problem and not a BattlEye problem.

Workaround for steam users is to install and use beta patch 74858 until this is sorted out.

Both Systems W7 Pro/64

Asus M/b with x58 chipset

I7 CPU

closing as resolved, for more discussion about BE you can use the sticky in MP section