Sign in to follow this  
Bryce23

[Resolved] OA Server version 1.55 Battleye problems

Since i have updated my OA server to version 1.55 we have been having all sorts of problems. :mad:

This has already been discussed but almost everyone was getting kicked for wrong signature for file: BAF\Addons\dubbing_baf.pbo

This patch fixed that error: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=78&id=427%3Aarma-2-british-armed-forces-update-1-00-to-1〈=en

Even the players who managed to get into the server were still kicked by battleye. It says "battleye initialization failed" for about 80% of players who attempt to join.

So now only a fraction of players who attempt to join can actually play even though they have all the proper patches installed.

This is a huge issue and must be fixed VERY soon.

Any idea what can I do to fix this?

Edited by Dwarden
Closed as resolved

Same here.... Looking for a solution... So far it looks like its just a problem for steam users...

Update: Reinstalling battle eye using the steam option doesn't work... Also verifying the game cache doesn't work... I tried joining other servers with battle eye enabled, and the same problem pops up... I could only join servers with no battle eye enabled... Nothing comes up to tell you why you cant join... The only reason i knew it was battle eye, was because the admin told me the reason that showed up for him....

I could only join servers with no battle eye enabled...

Looks like this is a problem for steam users only...

Edited by EMT
update

This isn't a genuine solution, but if you've been an idiot like me make sure you haven't left the beta patch enabled with 1.55. That gave me the "battleye initialization failed" error. But I know at least one person who has the issue without the beta.

I have not installed any beta patches and currently cannot join any server after the patch. After the selection of slot screen as the data downloads, I get booted back to server list with the error something like "BattlEye failed to initialize" or something like that. I am unable to join any servers at all, with the same error.

So far, with those I've been able to communicate with in the green group chat in the slot selection menu before trying to join and disconnecting, every last one has been a Steam version player.

(This editorial comment is made from here on in frustration: I am SOOOO sick of BI F$@#ing up every single patch they release, not a single one has been successful, every one has had issues to be dealt with and the less expert one is at computers the longer it seems to take to fix it when the patches finally come out. COme on BIS, get your S#!T together, at least once in the lifetime of this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Everyone who has this problem, please tell me what OS you are running on and whether or not you are using Steam.

Everyone who has this problem, please tell me what OS you are running on and whether or not you are using Steam.

Still have the problem; running Windows 7 Home premium and Steam versions of Arma2, Operation Arrowhead and full BAF.

Have this to, Windows 7 using Retail. Battle Eye is not working at all since patching - Have tried reinstalling it etc to no avail.

Have this to, Windows 7 using Retail. Battle Eye is not working at all since patching - Have tried reinstalling it etc to no avail.

So you are not using Steam? Are you sure you are kicked because of BE?

We are 100% sure that it is battleye, I have installed everything from steam, patched all, updated both battleye's and we still get the same issue.

i got exactly the same problem: new patches installed (1.55. and the other stuff for Arma2 and Arma BAF) and i cant join a server using battley eye: "battle eye initialization failed" -> it throws me back to the server select list

iam using all arma programms in steam

windows 7 professional

running all (steam, arma2, arma2oa) as admin

plz give a solution that works, not that standart saying: "run as admin" -> I DO !!!

this is really shit :mad:

i payed for the game and a patch made it unplayable

Edited by Rebell [Hotshots]

So what is the status on any fixes?

Kind of getting sick of the problems for days on end every single time this game updates, same thing this time.

Can you devs let us know what you think the problem is if you have any idea and if a fix will be coming soon?

I'm really sorry. We don't know what it is yet. BE hasn't changed though, so it must be the game.

I am just one more "poor person" who has a problem with BattleEye on win7, and steamed version of ARMA2:OA.

ok guys we need some more details like

what drive / directory You have installed your STEAM (in case of retail You game) in

what exact distribution of Windows you have (e.g. 32bit Windows 7 Premium English)

Mark me down as another one, worked fine right up until 1.55 patch.

Steam and Arma always run as admin even tried uninstalling BAF to no avail.

Can connect to non-BE servers just fine but and BE server starts to load the mission then boots me from server every time.

Arma 2, Arrowhead & BAF all from Steam

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Win 7 professional 64 bit English

I get kicked to from servers.

I got Steam Arma 2, Arrowhead & BAF lite

This happens when running CO.

Can join servers, but when loading map it returns to server browser.

No error messages.

When running Arrowhead i can join servers with Arrowhead and BAF lite

Running on:

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate English

Dirs:

D:\Games (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

and

D:\Games (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Edited by Kanelbolle
More info

;1788299']i got exactly the same problem: new patches installed (1.55. and the other stuff for Arma2 and Arma BAF) and i cant join a server using battley eye: "battle eye initialization failed" -> it throws me back to the server select list

iam using all arma programms in steam

windows 7 professional

running all (steam' date=' arma2, arma2oa) as admin

[/quote']

^ identical situation with me. All main games are installed on C drive. I tried reinstalling the game and doing everything else that was advised in that one other thread. I'm rather surprised that there are so few posts here. This came right after the patch so you would think everyone with Steam should have this problem.

Just to point out: this is a OA problem with me. I started Arma 2 only and when I joined the server, I saw Battleye auto-update. When I joined an OA server, the game kicks me back to server list. (by the way, I know this is probably stupid, but I even tried to copy the Arma2 Battleye dll to the OA folder, because the two dlls are different, but this didn't work).

I want to say this is an auto update issue, because unlike A2, when I try to join OA server there is no update. The problem is that http://www.battleye.com/download.html seems to give you the same dll as the one already in the folder.

Edited by Jedo

Same here

Got Arma 2 DVD on C:

Got OA on Steam on C:

GOT BAF lite on Steam on C:

All patched to 1.55

All games enabled in options menu

Still falling back from MP games into server selection menu.

Win 7 64 bits

BTW: Running just Arma 2 MP works just fine

So running steam version of Arma 2 : CO 1.55

I use BAF Lite

Windows 7 64 bits

Kicked out of any server running Battle-Eye

Also the game runs like shit.

Well seems typical of Bohemia, patch has been out now for a few days, instead of holding it back and test it prior, they just set it out, and we all suffer for it. So many people have steam cannot join due to this issue, GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well seems typical of Bohemia, patch has been out now for a few days, instead of holding it back and test it prior, they just set it out, and we all suffer for it. So many people have steam cannot join due to this issue, GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blanic for last time

it's not issue affecting everyone and it's not STEAM related either

there are STEAM users able play on BattlEye servers fine

and non-STEAM users not able to play on BattlEye servers

we are looking into the problem

also i would like to point out it's weekend ...

Win 7 pro 64x

Steam: arma2, arma2 oa, arma 2 baf

had two other person with the same Win7 pro 64x failing to join.