Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Warfare Benny Edition ZGM

kk fair one ,only a visual thing anyway.

if u dont ask u will never know :>

I converted my mission to newest BE 2.067. Have fun!

v1

- Converted to 2.067

v2

- Update levels adjusted

- Included missing vehicles

- Town defense build menu added to town depots

- Build menu restrictions lifted. STACKING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL BE PUNISHED!

Warfare Benny Edition 2067 ZGMv2 17 islands package

Edited by ZeroG

Few thoughts:

The first 2 air upgrades are very cheap, with Air 1 in around 2500 supply and short time to upgrade + hangars enabled, it doesn't take very long to get that Wildcat.

But then again, if Hangars are not enabled, you need the 5000 supply to get that AF up first. Then the upgrade costs seem reasonable.

With hangars enabled though, it's too easy.

And with the new rearm system and even before, I think planes could be a little bit cheaper. The ones that can't VTOL. It takes a lot of time and involves tons of risks to fly planes and rearm at airfields for over minute. The enemy knows the only places they can rearm in, and this makes them quite hazardous things to invest in compared to choppers.

And I love that there's no restriction to placing buildings. Opens up a lot of juicy base locations :).

Edited by Arksa

Well, I think Wildcat one the one and L39/HIND D on the other side on that level is pretty balanced. Hangars can also be easily destroyed with a guy on bike with satchels. And AA pods are quite cheap, more effective than with STINGER and you can build them in towns now..which makes air a strong, but not invincible game element...which it should be in my eyes and the scale of the game.

Hmm..tbh I never touched the EASA function in the first place. I think using and rearming at airstrip is no problem after all...if you are not Chuck Norris, like most of us, you may be able to start a fixed wing properly on some islands in temperate zones...but then again landing is quite hard..so airstrip and supply point is ok.

Yeah, the build restriction was annoying...though I instantly saw people abusing it...people are so ruthless!:rolleyes:

I converted my mission to newest BE 2.067. Have fun!

v1

- Converted to 2.067

v2

- Update levels adjusted

- Included missing vehicles

- Town defense build menu added to town depots

- Build menu restrictions lifted. STACKING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL BE PUNISHED!

Warfare Benny Edition 2067 ZGMv2 17 islands package

How do you change the parameters the fields dont change? In the commanding menu. I want to fix the soldiers removing themselves from the battlefield as well as vehicles.

How do you change the parameters the fields dont change? In the commanding menu. I want to fix the soldiers removing themselves from the battlefield as well as vehicles.

Just replied to you in Warfare BE thread :)

Lol at the grenades in KA137. So this was the enchancement :D.

I'm having some serious issues getting the AI to work properly on my servers. The AI squads buy weapons and more infantry units, but refuse to purchase any vehicles. Just to test, I gave my whole team max money and supply, still no vehicles. Here's a picture just to show all squads are infantry.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l385/JuggernautOfWar/arma2oa2011-02-1407-59-23-63.jpg 205 kb

Sorry for noobie question, but what exactly does "XR OPTICSv3" do?

Edited by W0lle

awesome mission! great job guys.

I just want to suggest something if it haven't been suggested before.

usually when in the game the one with air usually dominate the game and it usually end with a chopper rocket attack to the mhq.

i'm suggesting each side to have a base with no fly zone at the end of map, can be random. then the mhq is sent out of this base as normal. something like your own country border which have superior air control or just a base that cant be destroyed. imagine flying a US military chopper into russian border.

so attacking a mhq will not end the game but will prompt the side losing the mhq to a defensive position rather than waiting for the opposing air to blow up the rest of their base.

this way the main base can be used to defend the last town nearest to it and we can see a clear line between 2 opposing forces where flanking maneuver will actually work and player will actually use their ai to assist in attacking or defending. the attacker need to have their mhq near to the frontline and need to defend their remaining town and actually attack at the same time and it's actually harder for the winning team. so you really need to cap the last town to win and the team losing the mhq need to actually defend it.

there're times when you're capping a town then hear the message "AF destroyed etc2" and you're like WTF......the game ends

this way there will be no issue in base hunting early in the game anymore and players will be pushed to a much more concentrated area and will be utilizing all the defensive fix emplacement already available in the game.

the only problem i can think of is the game will be extended longer, but at least the player will be forced to defend their last town instead of going base hunting and ignoring town defense like what happening now.

maybe using this as an option for winning a supremacy type of mission. it's just an idea anyway and you're free to modify is as you see fit. imagine players with their ai scattered all along the tree lines around cherno and maybe players wont really mind to have arty option enabled again >=D

Edited by gunso

Juggernaut, Image is above 100kb, you have to make a link to it instead :)

just warning ya.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain the role of ammunition upgrade in Warfare.. I realize it gives you ammunition option in the build menu.

what do special weapons crates rearm?

ordanance?

basic weapons?

launchers?

ZeroG,

i try to play yesterday and found this problem.

if i enable blastcore 1.1 mod i get this bug message and get disconnected from the game to the lobby after 5min.

bug: town initialization failed - something like this.

no problem like this before on the older version

i usually run with the following mod on the previous version of warfare benny zgm mod on "XR-Dao Warfare Hs-Clan.com

JSRS

Xroptics

XRSM

Xrip

Blastcore11

Edited by gunso

Income is somehow broken since everyone has over 100K after few hours unless they spam millions of tanks and what not. Could be that we get double rank income, or rank + town income. I've seen guys with 250k at end game.

Little rant time, so take it as you like but I'm just telling my opinion on things:

Humwee CROWS ---> LF level 0 maybe) Those things dominate the first hour and a half so hard. I don't think opfor has won a game yet in Celle. Barracks 3 or LF 0 is where I would put these. And maybe Jackal back to barracks since nobody uses that when it is in LF.

Blufor gets stryker ICV M2 at start, opfor gets Vodnik PK...a huge difference between the power level of these two. 2 BRDMs for opfor? You always get the upper hand with blufor with this kind of advantage.

AS50 to opfor? Opfor seems to be missing an effective very long range rifle (KSVK doesn't count since it's useless in <300m) but blufor has a lot to choose from in M110 and MK17 snipers and other fancy tools.

Edited by Arksa

ZeroG,

i try to play yesterday and found this problem.

if i enable blastcore 1.1 mod i get this bug message and get disconnected from the game to the lobby after 5min.

bug: town initialization failed - something like this.

no problem like this before on the older version

i usually run with the following mod on the previous version of warfare benny zgm mod on "XR-Dao Warfare Hs-Clan.com

JSRS

Xroptics

XRSM

Xrip

Blastcore11

Same for me gunso, once disabled you initialise as soon as you enter the game. I only have a dual core processor and kinda old gpu but it has worked until recently.

I have tried with/without atoc and that didnt make any difference either. Also a 30% overclock on my cpu taking it to 3.7ghz made no difference. I have a GTX 285 2gb gpu and tend to get 20-30 fps in game @ 2048x1152 res.

And +1 to hummers in LF

Edited by eddie247

Same for me gunso, once disabled you initialise as soon as you enter the game. I only have a dual core processor and kinda old gpu but it has worked until recently.

I have tried with/without atoc and that didnt make any difference either. Also a 30% overclock on my cpu taking it to 3.7ghz made no difference. I have a GTX 285 2gb gpu and tend to get 20-30 fps in game @ 2048x1152 res.

And +1 to hummers in LF

nah i dont think it's pc spec issue, more like mod script clashing or not compatible with the latest update.

probs +10 for hummers in LF given the amount of people who want it ;)

New fast travel rocks! And the build town defenses opens the game up to hugely more varied gameplay with people dropping in statics and fortifications all over the place (providing it isnt exploited like when people wall around camps etc :( ) without have to get a rep truck into the middle of nowhere (in one piece).

I just noticed that there is a base building limit applied to the town defence menu it seems possible enabled wheen we have hit our actual base building limit but not before? Pls take it off!

And +1 for the making money a little bit less, maybe halfway between what we had before you changed it and what we have now would be spot on. I think we should get a cut of the supplies if thats what we are getting now but not as much for the wage? It is fun playing with lots of cash and you can help ppl less fortunate than yourselves to get some points but whatever.

lolz

could be nice unless zerog or benny can add taxi reverse for all aircraft and not just the ones bought by that player. And where did the train come from??

New fast travel rocks! .

Nothing against the fee, but currently you can teleport anywhere on the map with the fee travel. This eliminates some strategies like cutting enemies fast travel lines (Timurkalay being a very important town for that).

Hi, I'm runnung this on LAN, everything works fine, except that AI teams won't buy any vehicles. Even with me, myself being commander and designating them accordingly (armor team, motorized inf...) they still just don't. I also tried running it on a dedicated server, but still there is no difference. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong here? Thanks!!

@zeroG

i like this server and i love your small changes!

but you have something to do against this early air superiority!! please :)

to get an aircraft must be more difficult.

to get an aircraft must be more difficult.

I agree. Compare the cost of getting Tunguska versus Wildcats with hangars on. Of course there is AA pods but you can't spread them out to enemy territory because that is where the careful pilots will be attacking from, not go to base hunt with them asap.

I think with an enemy unit in a town you cannot FT there and also if a camp is captured. I have only been playing this for 6 months so I havent gotten that used to cutting the FT lines.

The hind - D is available at AF1, the same level as the wildcat and it has 4 AA missiles and if they fail theres always the cannon.

A new feature for ZGM (but really Arma) I'd like would be to have the close quarters sript added which make it so you can run sideways smoothly through a doorway without getting stuck.

@ eddie247

What do you think of this?

this looks like ugly monsters ,uuuuhhaaa :581: