Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Warfare Benny Edition ZGM

@Ulanthorn: yes. we noticed that already while playing. Problem is I never wrote down the towns where the camps would need a replacement :p If you could name me a few, I'd change it within minutes.

@GINGER: Thanks, buddy. Yes, ranking was made by me..though it uses a quite simple code. Its also in its first stage, improved bonus/scoring system is to come during winter vacation..but I also have to do a mapmaking tutorial at the same time :)

KA60:

- costs 15K

- No flares

- Can't detect blufor missiles it seems

- 14 rockets

- air level 1

An-2:

- Costs 5K

- Air level 0

- 12 FAB bombs

Mi-24D:

- costs 20K

- Flares

- about 120 rockets

- 2 AA Missiles

- cannon

- air level 1

Why should anyone waste money on KA-60 at the moment, other than trying it out for curiosity and then forget the whole thing? Also, is the grenade launcher sidemount so valuable and powerful, that it's not possible to have it on air level 1, when there's an an-2 with 12 FAB bombs on it at air level 0? I just find it kinda strange. Since KA-60 is just waiting to get killed, since it has no way to survive pretty much any missile coming at it, the only way to make it useable is to make it darn cheap.

Edited by Arksa

Thanks for your suggestions. The bombs of the AN2 have already been reduced down to 4in v10. I will implement more changes during Christmas vacation...:)

Several issues with the Warfare BE 2.066 ZGM version which were found during a match on 12/19/2010:

1. Nametags - GREAT feature, but it has several issues (IMO):
    • Enemy visible - several players said, that enemy name tags were present while they were overlooking towns.
    • Fails to display/displays when unneeded. It seems that they appear/disappear randomly.
    • Feature must be limited by range. Maybe visible range?

[*]AI acts strange.

• One guy reported, that his soldier 4 kept ordering him to attack a tank.
  • My AI decided to jump out for no reason multiple times.
  • When manning a turret and AI saw something - they stay locked on it even if out of range. This is a problem when entering new town, because AI keep looking for targets at rear.

[*]Menu - it became quite laggy. And I also noticed, that even setting terrain grid to 50 left some grass at the nearest vicinity. This is by design?

[*]Even with quite fresh start (both teams had < 600 pts IIRC) server lagged a lot more than before.

Not sure which of these are ZGM which Benny's, but still... had to post :rolleyes:

Well, for the nametags: reduced the distance to 1km and you are not able to see enemies anymore. Haven't found a solution against their instability yet. :confused:

For the AI behaviour I think Benny is responsible...once he said sth about a "mechinf" script, that makes AI get off an APC automatically.....about the lag I don't know exactly..but he said he massively redid the multiplayer part to INCREASE performance..

WFBE 2.066CO ZGMv2 PACK

v1

- Reduced power of AN2

- Changed KA60 price

- Implemented nametags from BERZERK/ADVANCE AND SECURE, thanks to WIN WITHAGUN! Activate with 0-0-0 (RADIO > NAMETAGS ON), deactivate with 0-0-9 (RADIO > NAMETAGS OFF)

- Implemented 360° defense from ARD! Activate with 0-0-8 (RADIO > 360° defense), deactivate with 0-0-7.

v2

- Debugged new scripts

- Revamped paying system to be dependant on rank & team SV

- Lowered buy levels to 50 for tanks and 150 for planes

Credits go to SBS COOLBOX and WIN WITHAGUN for the nametag script and ARD for the 360° defense.

Finally played a large game using 2.065 v9.

Really enjoyed the changes. Game seemed to run better for everyone with less complaints of server lag.

Few more hints when a player starts could be helpful. Some new players still got confused and were not aware of the changes.

When you go to buy from factory, need hints or message in the buy screen that you need to rank up.

Rank information should be shown somewhere (ie how much to next rank, or required rank to buy a tank, etc).

50pts for Tanks and 150pts for AF seems WAY too low. I thought the rank locking system was to stop rushing of tanks/air. May as well not have rank locking if you have the score set so low.

Also, I enjoyed being rich for a change, but $1500 per minute is 15x what a new player gets, which seems too large a difference. Maybe cap it at $1000?

hi, thanks for the great mod. I really enjoy it and the overall balance is great.

I start playing the v3 yesterday and found that i kept getting "message not received" with the red chain on the bottom right screen when i hang out with other human player. it kept getting worse and at last i get disconnected. it didn't happen on the prev version but i can still log in and continue the game by going solo and staying away from other player.

The other thing that i found out is that if i get disconnected after the game is quite long (maybe ~4-6 hours in the game)when i log back in, i see a big bonfire in the game. i've never exp this before with the warfare BE but seen it a couple of times on arma2 evo map.

overall this mod is great and i'm sure we'll iron out the bug with some time.

keep up the good work!!!

Tx for your credits, Momo. Bonfire bug has been seen in a lot of multiplayer games - though I don't know the cause. About the lag I am not sure...Benny changed the netcode in v066 he said, though I don't know how we could notice that.

@Freeborne

Points system has been improved. Should suit you far better now. For new joiners, the 50/100 pts mark is quite ok...most of people have to play 30m-1h to reach that level...and that's all that I wanted!

v4

- Debugged

- Added a "starting aid": fresh players get additional points until they reach certain levels to buy vehicles.

v5

- Air strike and artillery strike are no longer available only for commander but for Captain/Major/Colonel now.

v6

- Nametags hopefully fixed. Available by actionmenu.

- Starting point aid hopefully working now.

v7

- Nametags switchable by TEAM-menu.

- Death penalty = 1 point.

WFBE2066ZGMv7

Edited by ZeroG

We're still playing 2.065 v9, but just tried to join a small game (10 players) via JIP but got "Wait for Host" for over 5 minutes.

Is there a known cause for this? I've rarely joined ZGM game in progress, but have had other players join and type "wow, that's the longest it's ever taken me to join a game".

I don't know. Its only taking that long on our server when there are nearly all of the 40 slots taken and game has been going on a long time on Chernarus...for example..

Hi to all, this is a great modification of Benny`s mission, i have downloaded the supported addons for your server but the Warfx Blastcore fix isnt the last one because the M203 HE still firing way up . Please Zero G add the last Warfx Blastcore fix R1.1 in your addon......Thanks

Played latest version, and I like all the changes except I find the air-strike too easy to abuse (although this isn't a recent change)

It only costs $2500 per strike right? I called in several all in matter of seconds of one another. Seems a bug sometimes if you don't exit the Air Strike menu properly you can duplicate the Air Strike menu options, and end up with 2 or 3 which you can call simultaneously. Then just wait another 90seconds after air-strike and call them back. Seems too powerful. Perhaps increase the time-out and eliminate the bug that allows you to call in multiple air-strikes.

Also I ended up with SU25 wrecks littered all over the map as they don't disappear but just crash after they've completed the strike.

Also, won't players abuse artillery strikes if anyone can call it in once they rich a high rank? Supply is supposed to be used by the Commander, who is voted by team majority. Now any high ranking player can waste the teams supply points.

Castle walls seem unpopular with group of players I play with as they don't fit modern day theme. Is there any other alternatives (large concrete walls maybe).

Also, haven't tested this, but are vehicle prices altered when Unit Balancing is enabled? AN2 shouldn't cost $12,500 when it's unarmed.

Edited by Freeborne

The castle walls not only don't fit modern times...they can be seen from miles away and block A.I. pathways, but I have not yet found a way to prevent Commanders from using it.

And I really hate the engineer crewman model as wel as the fact that you cant buy a ACOG rifle and a Launcher at the same time.

Edited by Beagle

Hi ZeroG, how come I keep getting kicked from your version of BE for some town initialization debug thing? Its like the process is just not starting for me.

@Freebrone: Well, air and arty strikes were commander-only before, bcs I feared the same abuse like you mentioned.

The result was: no commander was using it, as they were too busy travelling the map and doing upgrades. Worthwhile targets (like bases) often get discovered by other players than commander. As I made the feature "screen-to-world" to make such a powerful thing not too easy, commanders almost never used the assets bcs they were not "at the spot".

Now, if there is a player that achieves the rank...I bet he is mature enough to use the assets in accordance with commander. I noticed that not too many people achieve 250pts for arty assets...as there is also the point penalty that reduces score by 2/minute after reaching 250 to keep them players playing ans restrict that mighty feature additionally to the high supply cost.

That there is a second air asset menu is a bug for sure..I will have a look at it once I have some time. So far, I havent seen people abusing it on our server...and ours is full from 1400-0000 most of the week.

Castle walls were the only ones I found in default game that were strong enough to catch some shells and high enough at the same time....all the other walls (hescos for example) are too low and weak...in our opinion. We did not want to use serverside addonpacks, so I had to find sth that everyone got by default...TADA - there where the castlewalls that suited my needs.

Oh yeah, basically, balancing param should NEVER be turned off...so I did not mind about setting up prices WITHOUT balancing. It is the core of the whole ZGM mod... v1 started there, bcs my basic idea for a change was the loadout of KA52 (VIKHR)...

@BEAGLE: About the real gear param from Benny, I will do some changes in V8. It will be like that u can use unguided launchers and all guns....but not with the guided ones (which are really heavy after all). I will do this bcs I hate people armed to the teeth killing pricy tanks just by a single guided missile shot...and still deadly to infantry at the same time bcs of carrying TWS guns with grenade launcher. I once even thought about removing JAVELIN and METIS from buy menu completely and put them in vehicle loadouts to make it more realistic and nicer for tank people. After all, with LVL3 launchers, infantrymen are as strong as static AT launchers..but cheaper, mobile...and indestructible through 30 second spawn!

About the player models I will also do sth, bcs lots of people asked for it.

@SeanL: Try to clean up mpmissionscache folder. It helped me and a lot of other people once when we had that init bug.

Edited by ZeroG

@SeanL: Try to clean up mpmissionscache folder. It helped me and a lot of other people once when we had that init bug.

I cannot find this folder :(

I cannot find this folder :(

Its hidden :p Uncheck hide hidden files and folders first..

Then go to your windows user profile folder...then application data...then local files...then arma2oa..tada!

The names of the folders depend on the OS though...but I think you should find it with that little description...:o

Hi ZeroG, thanks for the missions, im going to try them all, but you didnt include Fallujah, why?

Oh no, I forgot it! Tomorrow :)

Apologies if this is asking for a lot, but could you make more of your changes as optional parameters, as this would greatly increase the variety of matches and also increase your target audience.

Some changes are great, but some of these changes are received very negatively by players, some enough to discount your mission version entirely.

- Unit Balancing. Prices of units should change whether this is enabled or disabled as weapon loadouts, CM's etc are all changed and this should affect their value.

- Walls. Me, I love castle walls but quite a few players have said they look silly and ruin the game. Perhaps this could be set via parameter.

- Factory Locking. A parameter each for Light, Heavy, Air (Disabled, Off, Level 0, Level 1, Level 2). So if you want an infantry only battle with light support vehicles, put all factories at Level 0. If you want no air at all, set Air parameter to Off. Great for small maps (Zargabad) or small towns. Xerxes17 as an example, has made a new Warfare variant mostly because he found too much tank and air superiority. This would mostly solve that.

- Base Alarm: (Off, 300m, 500m, 800m). When enemy unit approach a base (or maybe just MHQ) within this distance an alarm sounds and hint pops up to all team players. This will stop sneaky players sneaking into a base (especially early in game) and destroying MHQ)

- Factory Survivability (Disabled, 200% HP, 300% HP). With fake buildings this isn't that necessary, but having a MHQ you can't kill with 3 MAAWs (1 player, 15 seconds) would be nice. Could limit this to MHQ, or perhaps all factories.

- Rank unlocks. Instead of locking factory's based on rank (which players often bypass by getting one player to buy vehicles for the team), make it so EVERYONE can buy from a Heavy or Air after certain timeout. For instance, 60 minutes and then everyone can buy from Air Factory (even if they joined late). This stops HF/AF rushing and satisfies players who hate the ranking system (I love it, but most players are low scorers and hate it)

Wanted to report some issues with BE ZGM. I start the game with following params, mods downloaded via Addon Sync from http://xrserver.com/repo/XROA.7zl: ...\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -world=none -cpucount=2 -mod=@CBA;@XROPTICSv3;@XRSMv4;@XRIP2011

1. FN FAL scoped version is considered to be be heavy... as a sniper, thus - no AT/AA weaps for you... wai? :confused:
  2. I'm totaly not sure, why or where this bug comes from - but i cant get into comm positions in btr 60 and btr 90. Attempting to do so ALWAYS results in a CTD.

Oh no, I forgot it! Tomorrow :)

I have a nice port of fallujah you are welcome to it for your mod of warfare.

edit: sent it to your listed contact email if you are interested.

Edited by Gutm@sher

Hi guys,

I playing Warfare Benny edition 2.066 ZGM v8 with Arma2-OA v1.57 without PMC and BAF. But I use the ACE-Mod.

When I start a new game (LAN only) everything looks fine but the KI-teams doesn't do anything. They doesn't try to capture towns or attack the enemy. I gave them the order to capture towns but nothing happened. The also start on the edge of the map until I give the order to respawn. After this they start in the base but they still do nothing.

Any idea whats going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany.

Boro

[*]I'm totaly not sure, why or where this bug comes from - but i cant get into comm positions in btr 60 and btr 90. Attempting to do so ALWAYS results in a CTD.

There seems to be some odd with at least BTR-60 and XROPTICSv3, perhaps also with BTR-90 then too. ZeroG is aware of this (was confirmed in their HS forums). And exactly that symptom, namely switching into comm position causes CTD.