Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Warfare Benny Edition ZGM

Hello guys!

Since I introduced major changes to Benny's masterpiece and its popularity is growing by the day on our servers, I hereby release my variation to the public for the first time.

Basically, the ZGM modification tries to balance BLUEFOR and OPFOR with a little drawback on technical/historical accuracy. The modification should work without any addons, therefore the unaccurate change of loadout etc.

Look into the NOTES section of the mapscreen to look for changelog ingame.

Note that the parameters are setup for this variation. You can keep them the way they are and should have fun and play the mission the way its meant to be played1

I recommend the usage of any FLIR/TWS addon in combination with this mission, to give OPFOR better chances. You will find our own addon also at the download section.

Credits go to Draper for his awesome air support script and to SBS CoolBox for 3rd person disable option and helping me for a cool addition (in near future :yay:)

ZGM is different and a little harder here and there, but emphasizes on long games, teamplay and mature players. Mind that it is work in progress. I'm happy for any suggestion of bugreport. Feel also free to modify it the way you want, as long as there are credits for Benny and me, it is ok.

You can come to XR-servers to test it online. Have fun!

Base version: Warfare Benny Edition 2.064

v1

All the below options get activated by "weapon balance" parameter:

- T55 and T72 feature barrel launched ATGM > Counterpart for US tanks

- ZSU features 8 IGLA > Counterpart for Avenger

- Linebacker features TUNGUSKA missile > Counterpart for TUNGUSKA

- AN2 has iron bombs in it > Fun :-)

- L39 features 2 R73 AA missiles > Counterpart for Harrier

- UH1 features flare launcher > was missing somehow

- Mi24 D features R73 AA missiles instead of AT > No specific counterpart

- Mi24 V features 12 AT9 ATAKA ATGM > No specific counterpart; more of these bad missiles at least do a little damage

- Ka52 features 8 Hellfire > Counterpart for AH64

- Ka52 BLACK features 8 Hellfires and 2 R73 AA missiles > Counterpart for AH1z

- MH6 features Laser designator > wanted it, did it. Transforms it into a kind of observation helicopter.

- F35 features 2 more sidewinders and 8 Mavericks > Counterpart to SU34

- Static TOW usable again

- US-ambulance on light factory LVL 1

v2

- Skills Spot & Lockpick added to every slot, cleaned slot skills (everybody either way wants medic or engineer, right?)

- Changed town depot to comm tower (less protection)

- Cleaned up factories off unuseful camo units and adjusted prices a little (no use in having same vehicles spamming the lists)

- Greater "slotnation" variation for allied factions (when they are there, why shouldn't I use them)

- Slot description in Lobby added

v3

- Debugged

v4

- Added Draper's air support script. The 2nd slot on each team side is the FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER. With him, you can choose between different air missions every 10 minutes. The aircrafts

performs its task and returns to base.

- Reapplied old camps after I only got negative criticism ;-)

v5

- Reapplied skins for Takistani faction and removed BAF skins bcs they look crappy for someone who doesnt have BAF

- Bugfixed Air support massively

v6

- Bugfixing

- Reapplied vanilla loadout cfg as it did not work, except for the SMAW

- Cleaned up Air Strike menu. Air strike is now accessed by optics or binocular, not mapclick. Look at the hint in the upper right corner.

v7

- Limited 3rd person view to vehicles. There is NO 3rd person view for infantry anymore.

- Changed helicopter strike vehicles, as they were far too strong.

v8

- Added artillery observer. Every 30 minutes he can call one of these artillery orders: HARASS, SUPRESS, ANNIHILATE, BLOCK, BLIND and ILLUMINATE.

- Time between air strikes raised to 15 minutes and change of russian MI24D to MI17 with dumbfirerockets for balance reasons.

- Price and level adjustments for guns and launchers.

v9

- Bugfixing artillery support

- Price and level adjustments for guns and launchers, emphasizing the use of new XROPTICS addon.

v10

- Price and level adjustments for vehicles

v11

- Removed lockpick skill as it was more of a abuse than a helpful and used skill.

v12

- Airstrikes and artillery strikes now cost supply, as these assets were thought as team support option - so now the team really has to earn it!

Base version: Warfare Benny Edition 2.065

v1

- Removed Forward Air Controller and Artillery Observer slot. Commander has these features now.

- Don't bother to do Airlift upgrade anymore - it's on by default. Also now it is possible again to carry manned vehicles.

- Price and tech level adjustments

v2

- Player kill bounty now 1000$

- Price, level and parameter adjustments

- Static AA-pods are 10000$ now, but feature 8 TUNGUSKA missiles

- Additional spawnvehicles

v3

- Loadingscreens introduced

- Reintroduced 32 slot version with AI due to lag issues

- Changed order of weapons and their prices in loadout

v4

- Introduced fake bases. Players now can build decoys via construction menu. This hopefully will stop basehunters and add some interesting gameplay.

- Added castle walls. As we don't want to use any addon by now, I looked into data and found these neat walls. They are about 10m high and can take 5-10 122mm shells before they collapse.

- Static AI behaviour hopefully improved

v5

-Bugfixing

v6

- Changed income system. Only the commander receives the town money. The rest of the team gets money through kills and a minute payment depending on their score. If a certain level is passed, the amount will be raised.

v7

- changed buy system. Depending on your rank (i.e. score) you are able to build unit types or not. Check the diary for details.

v8

- Balanced paycheck and ranking system. Maximum amount per minute is now 1500$ for the Colonel. As a private, you get promoted fast and earn more money. As soon as you are Captain, your score decreases by 1 per paycheck (Major 2 & Colonel 2). So you basically have to fight on once you reach these levels to keep them up.

- Hopefully fixed transfer bug

- Score penalty for death = -1

v9

- Added useful PMC content to OPFOR

Base version: Warfare Benny Edition 2.066

v1

- Reduced power of AN2

- Changed KA60 price

- Implemented nametags from BERZERK/ADVANCE AND SECURE, thanks to WIN WITHAGUN! Activate with 0-0-0 (RADIO > NAMETAGS ON), deactivate with 0-0-9 (RADIO > NAMETAGS OFF)

- Implemented 360° defense from ARD! Activate with 0-0-8 (RADIO > 360° defense), deactivate with 0-0-7.

v2

- Debugged new scripts

- Revamped paying system to be dependant on rank & team SV

- Lowered buy levels to 50 for tanks and 150 for planes

v3

- Redid techtree to enforce usage of ALL factories. Barracks now contain light, mostly unarmored vehicles. LF contains wheeled armored vehicles, HF tracked armored vehicles.

- Changed access to factories to enforce usage of ALL there are. As Staff Sergeant (50pts), you have access to LF, as Lieutenant (100pts) to HF, as Captain (150pts) to AF.

- Exchanged spawn truck for spawnable medevac helicopter. Will give new tactical elements.

- Got back to old money system as SV based was not working. GRMPH!

v4

- Debugged

- Added a "starting aid": fresh players get additional points until they reach certain levels to buy vehicles.

v5

- Air strike and artillery strike are no longer available only for commander but for Captain/Major/Colonel now.

v6

- Nametags hopefully fixed. Available by actionmenu.

- Starting point aid hopefully working now.

v7

- Nametags switchable by TEAM-menu.

- Death penalty = 1 point.

v8

- Realistic loadout modified

- Added community islands

- Balanced equipment

- Added UPSMON script

v9

- Changed some vehicle weapons

- AI point-sharing system by Arma.is.great added

v9a

- Rebalanced Air & Antiair

- Increased death penalty

[v9b+c

- Price adjustments

- Reduced death penalty

- Changed town occupation

- HF is also accessible at 50pts now

- Income for the first ranks increased

Basic version 2.067

v3

- Paycheck sytem modified for better performance

- Lasermarkers and flares for several airvehicles added

- KA137 enhanced

- Default parameters modified

v4-v6

- Major rebalancement

17 ISLANDS AVAILABLE!!

Credits go to SBS COOLBOX and WIN WITHAGUN for the nametag script and ARD for the 360° defense.[/b]

DOWNLOAD

Warfare Benny Edition 2.067 ZGMv6 17 islands pack

XR OPTICSv5 addon

Edited by ZeroG

Some interesting changes, except for this one maybe:

- Limited 3rd person view to vehicles. There is NO 3rd person view for infantry anymore.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean that way at least people would need to open the hatch once in a while and in general it would help keep vehicles in check.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean that way at least people would need to open the hatch once in a while and in general it would help keep vehicles in check.

you are right, 3rd for vehicles is much more of a "cheat"...3rd for infantry just simply gives you a more lifelike situaltial awareness...better would be to simply disable the aiming reticle.

3rd for infantry just simply gives you a more lifelike situaltial awareness.

Lifelike? So you say you walk around in real life, your head attached to a stick floating 5m behind you? :eek:

A lot of our people think it is a cheat. You can watch around corners, watch over walls etc. You can even overview a whole town with tactical view.

arma22009122304115940.th.png

arma22009122304085526.th.png

Use freelook via a mousebutton instead. Works perfectly! If you have some money, get TrackIR. Both solutions are more realistic than 3rd on.

I mean that way at least people would need to open the hatch once in a while and in general it would help keep vehicles in check.

And in a battle situation? Would be better if the driver wouldn't look out through the hatch to catch bullets, would it? That would also have the even bigger benefit that the turret could be turned around without knocking the driver's head off of or aloow the gun to be fired without splatting the upper body of the guy driving that steel beast through its blast? I know, I know. Tanks are no battle vehicles...

Enough saracasm :o

Modern tanks have at least three driver periscopes or a camera for backward-driving. Arma2 doesn't come with that feature, there is only 1 shitty periscope. Try to move backwards through a narrow street in a tank in 1st person..or try not to knock down tress in the forest :p

Also, you cannot rely on AI, because their driving skill is more than bad. You could solve that problem by driving a tank with 3 human players. Do you get 3 players at the same time with TS on a normal public Warfare server? In the first minutes yes, when there is capping of resistance tanks. But as soon as people can build stuff for themselves, teamwork like this is gone.

After all, if you don't like this limit but the rest of the ZGM features, you can simply go to "limitThirdPersonView.sqf" and make the line "gameplayLimit3dview = 1" a "0". You can also modify the whole script the way you like.

Edited by ZeroG

I like that you can disable tactical/commander view in Warfare BE 0.65.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to have 3rd person disabled for both infantry and vehicles, but putting that restriction on just infantry but not vehicles feels totally out of place.

Back when I was still playing OFP competitively with my clan, there were huge controversial discussions about exploiting external view in matches. Unfortunately, the community never matured enough to disable external view - partially because of vehicles being affected by this, too.

Even with view ports (however good or bad they are simulated), you are still very much limited inside a tank or otherwise armored vehicle. I agree that ArmA2's simulation could be improved a lot (they already did for VBS2), but from a conceptional point of view, it still feels wrong that tanks should have better situational awareness than infantry.

Tanks should rely on infantry to find their way around complex terrain like cities. Also, many of the vehicles portrayed in ArmA2 are very old soviet designs, which do not have cameras to the back. In reality, it's the tank commander giving directions to the driver in this case - either from an open hatch or a closed hatch, depending on terrain an situation.

From all the games I've played, those with external view (and tactical view) disabled globally, were usually the most intense and interesting ones. There is a clear disadvantage in situational awareness when driving armored vehicles, but each of them is also very powerful in their own right.

Combined arms operations are essential and great fun here, and it's also a great experience having multiple humans crew a single vehicle under these limitations. One of the best matches I ever had was my clan against the guys from Kyllikki in a 10 vs 10 C&H match in FDFmod, with external view disabled.

But I do understand that this is a controversial topic, where many views clash. My personal opinion is that a default setting of disabling external view for infantry but not vehicles is not ideal, and that will be the reason I will tend to stick to the normal Warfare BE version, unless I am hosting myself perhaps. :)

I guess that my point is that armor has its price - and that price usually is a restricted view.

Edited by Nyles

Nope, I think gameplay-wise this is the best decision. Inf looking over fences with 3rd-person is just ugly. But driving most armored vehicles without 3rd-person is just a big pain in the ass. In most armored vehicles you cant even turn your head or lean forward to get a better view of your surroundings.

Good decision.

What about opening the hatch (if available) or switching crew positions?

Even in Steel Beasts with properly simulated view ports, thermal vision and persicopes, situational awareness is less than ideal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq81sWJFBos&feature=related

But alright, let's not discuss about this particular point forever. There is more to this mission and from what I can see, some of the map changes are very interesting!

Edited by Nyles

I guess that my point is that armor has its price - and that price usually is a restricted view.

Correct. If not every infantrymen would carry autolocking JAVELIN with him. If there was a weight simulation like in ACE, people could not run with it or carry anything else. But now we are at the main problem again: game or realism?!

Judging by our regular players, 3rd totally off people disagree of. 3rd on for all is the same. So this case is best solution imho.

Lift manned vehicles are more effective that 4 A10. One player in the gunner position in a lilfted tank can locate bases easly and destroy them in flew min.

And Ground defenses are too expensive.

This is a wrong way to get realism.

Edited by tryky

I'll probably get flamed for this complaint, but I need to get it off my chest;

The new "balancing" system you built in i.e. the ranked buying system, is a big load of bull excrements:

1) It's not made clear in the mission; people are wondering what's going on and think the game might be bugged; there could be a hint coming up, telling you about the restriction

2) the most important point I'm trying to make: it will make teams with average/weaker players more weak, and those with better players even better - it is hard enough to even only possibly overcome a team with better players with some group-tactical maneuvers, but now if you have to fight tanks with sticks and shoot at planes with rocks, it will only frustrate people

3) apparently you get 1 point every minute as private, but I guess as soon you rank up, you don't get any points anymore, so this "starting help" is quickly mute, which leads to

4) join-in-progress players will only have some feeble starting help (um, 25 points in 25 minutes? hooray!) and if they eventually get wound up in camp PvP, they will get one point for a kill, lose one point for dying - rinse, lather, repeat - which makes it hard to get a higher score, if you hadn't racked up dozens of kills in the PvE town capture phase earlier, which leads to

5) "You need help at keeping a town against human players? Sorry, I need a higher score so we can compete with the enemy team, I'll head for some PvE rather, good luck with that town, buddy!!"

6) you say with higher ranks you will lose a few points per minute? not a big deal, when they can sit in tanks/planes/choppers and just kill off AI en masse

Now for the "advantages" that the system should bring apparently:

- people sitting in base; well, either players do play and have fun or they sit in the base and won't have fun - at any rate an admin can kick them, if they're really not doing a thing

- JiP people asking for money to get a plane only; well then do NOT give them money ffs - OTOH if they're buying a transport chopper to take towns more quickly with a handfull of AI, what's so friggin' wrong about that?

Now the constructive part:

I like the income distribution and rank-based paycheck system, which gives incentive enough to play better and leaves more money to the commander by default.

Edited by Fireball

Lift manned vehicles are more effective that 4 A10. One player in the gunner position in a lilfted tank can locate bases easly and destroy them in flew min.

And Ground defenses are too expensive.

This is a wrong way to get realism.

1. Nobody talks about realism here. Hellfire on a KAMOV? that has only been done because of balance and to keep off mods from the server (makes it appear yellow in ingame server browser > half-full server. Seen it several times. Lots of people are even having trouble setting up shortcuts...so rather no mod and just connect is what brings people on a PVP server :j:)

2. Ground defenses are too expensive? Well, pretty pain in the ass when someone can just buy a cheap reptruck and build cheap statics which lock on expensive tanks and expensive planes and destroy them by one shot.

3. Correct, the chance of "airtank" exploit is there, but I don't see it that dangerous, I see and I HAVE seen more the benefit of people using it properly than exploiters.

1) It's not made clear in the mission; people are wondering what's going on and think the game might be bugged; there could be a hint coming up, telling you about the restriction

2) the most important point I'm trying to make: it will make teams with average/weaker players more weak, and those with better players even better - it is hard enough to even only possibly overcome a team with better players with some group-tactical maneuvers, but now if you have to fight tanks with sticks and shoot at planes with rocks, it will only frustrate people

3) apparently you get 1 point every minute as private, but I guess as soon you rank up, you don't get any points anymore, so this "starting help" is quickly mute, which leads to

4) join-in-progress players will only have some feeble starting help (um, 25 points in 25 minutes? hooray!) and if they eventually get wound up in camp PvP, they will get one point for a kill, lose one point for dying - rinse, lather, repeat - which makes it hard to get a higher score, if you hadn't racked up dozens of kills in the PvE town capture phase earlier, which leads to

5) "You need help at keeping a town against human players? Sorry, I need a higher score so we can compete with the enemy team, I'll head for some PvE rather, good luck with that town, buddy!!"

6) you say with higher ranks you will lose a few points per minute? not a big deal, when they can sit in tanks/planes/choppers and just kill off AI en masse

Now for the "advantages" that the system should bring apparently:

- people sitting in base; well, either players do play and have fun or they sit in the base and won't have fun - at any rate an admin can kick them, if they're really not doing a thing

- JiP people asking for money to get a plane only; well then do NOT give them money ffs - OTOH if they're buying a transport chopper to take towns more quickly with a handfull of AI, what's so friggin' wrong about that?

Now the constructive part:

I like the income distribution and rank-based paycheck system, which gives incentive enough to play better and leaves more money to the commander by default.

1. It is made clear. If you would have looked properly in the NOTES section, which BTW is being pointed at with a BIIIG hint at the beginning of the game. I admit that ranking/buying option change could haveb been made more obvious by a hint. I will have a look at it in one of the next versions.

2. At first I wanted to restrict the buyable vehicle classes to score..i.e. higher rank = SU34, lower rank = L39. I have not been able to do that up till now. Will try to improve this system in later versions.

3. JIP is no problem at all. JIPers have to use LF until they reach 75 points. If there is a proper commander, he will upgrade LF this way. NOW people are finally doing these upgrades. In Vanilla buy system, the tech upgrade way was always like: Barracks 1 (for gear), Gear 1 (RPG7/SMAW), Light 1 (for Ambu), then Heavy then Air...what about the rest of the LF?! NOW they finally use it to support lower rank players. And you can kill tanks with light vehicles easily. They are cheap and fast..different strategy than always "TUSKING".

4. Making score is really not too hard. Town capture gives you 10 points! You can be flying in about an hour. Before, it was like 10 minutes when people joined the proper side and they could fly. No ground fight anymore.

5. Either way defending a town against players or attacking another one with AI - people are forced to play and make score, otherwise they have a crap game. Btw, killing a player gives you a far bigger fee than one AI soldier. Furthermore, "hard" town defense is done by foot after all..no particular score needed for that....if you look at Stary Sobor for example.

6. All the other stuff you are whining about is basically always there when there is no balance in team structure. With a balanced team, there is about the same amount of tanks, planes, helicopters ingame.

After all, if you flame around like that, you don't have to play it. I can live with that. Last weeks' statistics of our servers and player's feedback speaks for itself. One opinion based on theory is nothing on a public server, vote by feet is everything. You seem to judge 80% by theoretic knowledge?! (saying "I guess" etc.) Haven't seen you that often on our server. I suggest you come and play some more rounds...you might like it.

The system works..we have far longer and balanced games than before...far more ground fights for towns..far less players only flying around. This is a proof for me that the whole system basically is ok. At the same time, I admit that there is room for improvement (as this is always the case, eh), but hey, it is one of the first releases with the new system...give it a chance and some time to eke out some initial diseases (like money amount or buy level).

Edited by ZeroG

Hmm, yes as it seems there are many boni hidden in the game, which I weren't able to discern in that one round. It just felt wrong when I read about this system, and the feeling I got in this one round I was playing.

It's true, the round I had was imbalanced, but I hardly ever had a fair round on XR servers, since HS clan players (and regulars) prefer to stack on one side, so they can communicate on TS, instead of balancing the game.

One could really say, that this system does more harm to the balance, if the teams are not balanced and team balance was always one of the more difficult things to achieve on clan servers.

I might give it another shot, but I usually join the team with weaker players (I'm only average myself), since everyone is massing on the sides with HS clan players or other XR-DAO regulars upon start. Maybe I'm just too masochistic.

I like a challenge, but with a system preferring the better players over those struggling a bit more, this challenge becomes a mission impossible and a one-sided punch-down, frustrating the weaker players (and also the average).

Maybe I was a bit unlucky, but that wasn't my first round which was one-sided, even before that system got built in - and I don't feel that it was all on my account :-D

EDIT: I just joined to see how the balancing on the currently played round would be and it was again a clan- and regular-stacking round. With Yoma AddonSync I was looking at scores and it was definitely one-sided. If I could bet money on a winning side on XR (or also SuicideSquad servers), I would be a rich man.

Edited by Fireball

It's true, the round I had was imbalanced, but I hardly ever had a fair round on XR servers, since HS clan players (and regulars) prefer to stack on one side, so they can communicate on TS, instead of balancing the game.

You are absolutely right. Since last week, we began to split up more, because we've had it with the imbalance - well, maybe not today :) But in general, we have a kind of informal agreement now to split up TS..after all, it is no use with 10 guys in one channel! I will do so and so do others.

The last rounds I played were all perfectly balanced. Longest game this week was 10 hours! Planes are up late in the game and they are rare. A lot of guys like it that way, me included.

If we develop it further, it might become a really nice variation off the normal system.

Lifelike? So you say you walk around in real life, your head attached to a stick floating 5m behind you? :eek:.
In real life I have situational awareness by body feel and peripheral view...do you run around with a 60x40 cm cardbox around your Head for real?

I was tanks crew long enough to know that beeing in a tanks does restrict your perception of the world outside in e very extreme way...you wont notice someone very close Thast why tanks are so vulnerable in build up areas..and we did not had magical 3rd perspective for tanks either.

Additional I noticed that ZGM is simply unplayable if you join a game that is for 2 hours and your original commander and others quit...there we are...all corporals and sergeants with 125$ income against a airforce of majors...time to quit since we cant even build air defenses 10.000 Each.

This mod was a nice idea for long time missions with a consistent staff. but it is not fun for occasional players with limited time to spend.

I also noticed that after 2-3 hours the server begins to lag like hell as too much towns with insane amounts of A.I. are active.

For the sake of playability this should be considered and maybe you find a few solutions.

In general the idea of ranked buy and income is good, but maybe it can be a bit reworked like:

Lieutenant > Utility helicopters

Captain > Attack helicopters

Better starting funding and rank for Commander when command is transited to a joiner when old commander disconnects.

Town defense should me more a job of players, they should stick more to operation areas instead of going all over the map, taking one town and loosing another.

Warfare is not THAT mobile, you have to defend what you took.

The best thing so far is the penalty you get for excessive use of respawning and the costs this induces.

Edited by Ulanthorn

Well, I have daily access to tanks, so my opinion has the same worth :p

You are right that awareness in a tank is reduced...but as I said...if it was real, you would have more periscopes or a backdriving camera...maybe no camera on T55, but in TUSK for sure. As the game doesnt bring these, we use 3rd. Yes, in RL commander orders the driver over his periscopes if he shall go backwards. But again I say: forget about the driving AI. Also forget about 3 players in one tank over a whole Warfare match..does not happen. And tank users have drawbacks after all..because of the engine sound and every guy running around with a cheap 1miligram JAVELIN that comes back by respawn.

At a certain point you have to decide what is RL, what is balance and what is cheat. That's what we did after lots of public matches on the most popular warfare server out there and thats the result of the ZGM settings.

For more overview on infantry, use freelook. There goes your peripheral view. Body feel...hmm..you dont get to look round a corner with it, do you?! That's a shared opinion of lots of guys on our server. No tacview, no 3rd for inf.

Commander gets only town money, no rank. But he levels up very fast by building or if the teams take cities.

The static air defenses cost 10000 because they have TUNGUSKA missiles. With IGLA, they are not useful after all. No chance against flares/chaff etc. They are more expensive than the TUNGUSKA itself bcs they cannot be seen on radar.

Making different vehicles accessible for certain ranks is sth I tried already and wasnt able to do. I only was able to limit whole categories so far. But you can expect that I will work on this issue, bcs I would like to change it.

A warfare match is always a long term issue, nothing for occasionals. Nothing is more hated than guys coming on the server and instantly asking for AF etc. If people don't have time for such a long match, they shall go for a quicker gamemode but not disturb long term warfare. Normally, 75% of players that were initially there are there in the end, too. That is, if the game does run for 4 hours, not 10.

Edited by ZeroG

Server Crash with your V8 PVP 32 slot version....

Error context n

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\Server\FSM\resstriker.fsm, line 102: '/FSM/States/Actions.': '\' encountered instead of '='

Benny's "Stuck AI" bug has infiltrated your version! AI teams just respawn at the point where the MHQ spawned, not to where it's been moved. Then they just stay there. :(

Bummer cause I've been trying to play with 3 other people and the AI being dead in the water is not helping.

Well, as my version is always based on Benny's most actual, it contains the same bugs ofc :p This AI problem is sth far above my actual skilllevel. Doesn't it help if you set the point for AI groups with team menu?

About the crashes: well, sometimes I have the idea that an aongoing game creates bugs...when we start mission, everything is fine and logs shos now signs of bugs...later on in the game I often find error messages that should have been there also in the early game! It feels like the mission could would be falling apart the longer the game's been going! We don't have crashes on server with v8 or that 32P version so far!! Only thing that happens is laaaaag:rolleyes:

Hi I would like that ZeroG could read my Ideas for the warfare gameplay. Maybe you see them interesting.

I have the links as My microstrategy gameplay idea and macrostrategy.

Still waiting for my Arrowhead to patch, so couldn't verify this:

So PMC stuff added to EAST, mhh. Does this include vehicles? If so. aren't those originally WEST or RESISTANCE side units? If so, won't they show up on the radar as hostile vehicles for you?

hey ZeroG,

really like what you are doing with BE warfare. Nice variation. I notice that it has the respawn bugs from benny 2.065 but I suppose that will be sorted out in 2.066. 1 input for you: is it difficult to include a parameter to disable the ranking system? Interested in this for map porting test purposes without being in debug mode. thanks for your efforts!

@NYLES: Yes, unluckily they are RES. They show up red, but own AI doesn't attack. I dont know how to change that by the mission, as the side of a unit is in the config and thus would need an addon. But ill try some scripting commands to fix that.

@GUTMASHER

Yes, implementation of params for all of these changes is in plan for one of next versions, though I'm experiencing a problem with it I haven't found a solution for yet.

Hello ZeroG

Quite a lot of the respawn camps on Takistan map are badly placed. Some stick out to far onto the road and are a trap to A.I. thats likes to drive into them ad destroy itselfs. Some others have floating edges.

Just want to stopby in this thread and say you Thank you!

I love your modification of Benny´s Warfare. The balancing is great. Did you make the rank system? If yes, Thank you its great!

Keep up the good work mate. Always a pleasure to play the mission online. :ok: