Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.55 - Patch released.

After playing for a while i cant rotate the camera without experiencing heavy stutter and having objects pop into view, if i stare at a single direction i get 60 fps, if i turn around the fps drop, heavy stutter, objects "pop" into view and object lods flicker, but only after playing for a while.

I'm experiencing something similar too. Turning around feels really sluggish. Also some objects at medium range take couple of seconds to appear.

Sometimes adjusting some video settings fixes that for a while, but I haven't found any sure fix for it.

Issue mostly occurs when playing online. (Valhalla, Warfare) Happens in SP too.

Never had these issues with 1.54 betas. (Didn't try 1.55 beta online)

C2D E4300@3Ghz, HD4850 Cat 10.5, Win7 64bit.

ARMA2:CO [ARMA 2 (DVD) + OA (Sprocket) + BAF (Sprocket)]

Edited by Rok

So i got that issue, its only for static objects, in the video helos also pop up. Maybe its because of recording.

I can't embed, sorry:

I dont see such change...all employing SCARs as usual. Checked in editor and restarted Campaign, no change.
@laqueesha You are using ACE, therefore your SCARs get replaced

That's strange, I boot up in regular vanilla mode with no mods and my US BLUFOR blokes are using M4 and M16. I better check my addons folder, maybe something accidentally got dropped in there. ;)

It seems whenever I look around turning left, or look around in vehicles, or use warrior cannon myself and turn it left, it goes very slow and lags like hell. Feels very unresponsive.

That's strange, I boot up in regular vanilla mode with no mods and my US BLUFOR blokes are using M4 and M16. I better check my addons folder, maybe something accidentally got dropped in there. ;)

IIRC, if you activate ACE via the "Mods" in ArmA´s menu instead of using cmd lines, it keeps activated until you clean some register or something like that.

Same problem for me.

The game is not keeping the data into the memory and keeps loading and reloading static objects as they are in and out of the my FOV. I'm afraid we will need an Hot Fix for this!

I have never had the recieving bug, but have it now with this patch, when leaving the map sometimes it just pops up with recieving and cant alt-tab or anything, need to turn off PC.

RPT is FULL, of

Buffer to small - nowhere to write the data

NForce 650i SLi

C2D E6750@ 2,66

Nvidea 9800GTX 512 MB

Edited by SAbre4809

Argh Steam is torturing me. Been DLing OA since yesterday morning @ 30 to 50 kb/s. But it happily downloaded the A2 update at full speed. :(

If only this patch didn't make my FPS plummet around trees or grass. :(

I was running pretty slow when i tried the patch but realised i forgot to defrag after installing the patch. Just defragged a few hours ago and the game is running great.

Also i ran a registry fixer and that made my pc faster in general.

Maybe bis should include a ARMA2 defrag program as part of the package

All these mods and patches coming out really fragment ur directory hard

Edited by vasmkd
typo

Same problem for me.

The game is not keeping the data into the memory and keeps loading and reloading static objects as they are in and out of the my FOV. I'm afraid we will need an Hot Fix for this!

Same i thought i was going crazy :o Turn from side to side everything disappears and re loads looks terrible:(

Same i thought i was going crazy :o Turn from side to side everything disappears and re loads looks terrible:(

Same for me, very horrible grafic bug!!:mad: Please BIS .....fix this as soon as posible!! It is a great patch in other things (it fixes a lot of things:bounce3:) but this is a step back!:thumbsdown:

Same for me, very horrible grafic bug!!:mad: Please BIS .....fix this as soon as posible!! It is a great patch in other things (it fixes a lot of things:bounce3:) but this is a step back!:thumbsdown:

Same here !

I have the exact same issues.

I run W7 64bit, AMD2 @3.21 GHz, GeForceGTX285, DirectX11, 8GB RAM.

Is someone collecting system specs to see if there is a pattern with the performance issues ? There seem to be a lot of players with the same problem.

How can they release a patch after all the Betas and introduce this problem, sorry, I do not understand this ...

And to say, yeah, we wait until the next patch .. great, this is not good at all... we have league games and some players cannot play anymore in a normal way like before patch 1.55.

Sorry I am so angry when all I want to do is play this game :inlove:

Edited by baerchen

I second that.

Played a game yesterday and in the heat of the fight I got ready to take out the enemies just as few buildings suddenly appeared between them and me leaving me staring at a wall of a house..And I'm pretty sure I heard the AI's laughing at me from behind the buildings at that point. smiley-confused002.gif

Hopefully there's going to be a fix for this very soon. It sure doesn't contribute to the realistic look of the game - and the step towards realism that ArmA normally provides is one of the reasons that I like this game so much.

Edited by CoolFire

Please post your specs if you have this loading issue it might help work out what level of PC or configuration this effects the most, otherwise we users cant get BIS to look into better without that info, it all helps if you want a faster fix or solution Id say.

Just agreeing and nothing else doesn't add ammo to the cause! :)

Has anyone ticketed it on devheaven yet (the loading head moving issue)?

Please post your specs if you have this loading issue it might help work out what level of PC or configuration this effects the most, otherwise we users cant get BIS to look into better without that info, it all helps if you want a faster fix or solution Id say.

Just agreeing and nothing else doesn't add ammo to the cause! :)

Has anyone ticketed it on devheaven yet (the loading head moving issue)?

I have 3 computers, in all 3 the same problem!

1- Core I7 2.8 , 6 GB ram, Gforce 285, Windows 7

2- Core I5 3.2, 4 GB ram, Gforce 220, Windows XP

3- Core 2 Duo , 4 GB ram, Gforce 260, windows XP

Dont know where to ticket it yet but im going to look after!

i played domination on takistan some minutes ago.

the popping of objects only happens, when my screen gets black for less then a second(death, switching to map) , when i do flush command ingame, it seems to be fixed..can anybody confirm that?

maybe its just happening accidently..

Help voting this so BIS should take care of it as soon as posible!!

THX

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15145

Just to register:

- Stuff popping while turning vision.

- Many LOD issues.

- Overal performace drop.

- Couldn´t play more to test new features\fixes.

Will defrag later, but don´t expect to solve everything.

I have a questions. I always play Arma2 OA without Steam because I use beta patches, and now with this new patch I open steam to download it, and now it says that I have to download 3 GB update? what is going on?

Edit: nvm :s

Edited by SpetS15