Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Arma 2:OA Update 1.50-1.54 To 1.55 ???

How come the A2 1.01-1.07 to 1.08 patch is larger in size (323MB) than the A2:OA 1.50-1.54 to 1.55 patch that will also update A2 to 1.08 (254MB) ?

And is BAF 1.00 to 1.01 included in the A2:OA 1.55 patch?

OA Disc is allready patching to 1.6 for Arma2, im installing atm.

With BAF im not sure, will test it in some minutes.

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Well the problem is probably in the fact that you need Arma 2 1.08 before you install OA 1.55 if it exists.. and since your A2 is from steam you need to wait for the steam update, then you run the OA update.. If you have something like 7z etc you can actually even extract the arma2oa_155_patch.exe and run the actual 1.55 patch thats inside there..

Then again if you make steam update the files I just hope it wont delete all your OA files since theyre not "supposed" to be there.. better solution instead of the installing in steam folder would be to link the needed folders instead.. although if you're still running the archaic winxp there was some possible problems with the linking in xp..

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

@Sgt. Bilko: since the 155.exe patch thats inside the .zip file is actually just another packaged file that includes the 1.08, the actual 1.55 and the baf 1.01 updates. go ahead and do extract with 7z for example..

Isn't steam version incompatible with retail version?

Correct, anyone with the Steam version DO NOT DOWNLOAD the patch off this site, let Steam update for you. It may take until tomorrow for it to be up on Steam so keep your panties on and wait a day. Only until BIS releases a patch that does away with the securom check can you manually patch, and with the DLC releases, I doubt that'll happen in the near future.

Edit: Also in b4 massive bitching about the large patch download for the Steam update. You KNOW it'll happen.

the new grenadelauncher sights for BAF weapons is very ugly :mad:

looks like done in 5 min before patch was uploaded...

Those who have it all setup and have Combined Ops /OA ... when you use the Chernarus map can you see flickering tree LOD's as reported in the last beta thread post here (has video example):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1786110&postcount=60

It came about more obvious in the beta just before official patch and others reported it, is it showing up in the final?

I wont be able to install and test now until the weekend.

Edited by mrcash2009

I just noticed that the slow and bad popping up of textures only happens if i disable VSync. If i enable it, all is good. Usually i would play without it, but since that ugly popups happen i enable it.

thats interesting, is it flickering fast too? I did post this but Dwarden mentioned that may not be related, interesting:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1785555&postcount=33

Anyway, this isn't a complaint, its just it seemed it arrived literally 1 beta before release and it still might be their whereas it wasnt one beta before (flickering LOD).

Will test it all out the weekend.

Edited by mrcash2009

Getting an error when some of our addons are loaded in 1.55 OA when firing a default mounted weapon in a vehicle such as commanders's MG in an M1A1.

Server report

=====================================================================

== D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe

== "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@cba;@xdf_oa;@aaw_OA_test -window -noSplash -showScriptErrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/12 08:13:48

Current time: 2010/11/12 08:17:50

Version 1.55.75445

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscLine/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[72,49.164,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[72,52.727,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[72,53.696,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[75,53.98,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[75,53.995,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[78,54.535,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,0,136],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[91,55.046,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

Mission bushie.Desert_E: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

[7889,239.349,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[7889,242.005,0,"MISSINIT","bushie","Desert_E",true,true,false]

[7889,242.569,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[7890,243.275,0,"WARNING: isServer is true while isDedicated is false; You can safely ignore this if this is a hosted game; otherwise please report asap"]

[7891,243.43,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[7891,243.45,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[7894,243.847,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,0,136],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[7909,244.582,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,false,true,true,0]"]

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\15rail.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\15rail_nohq.paa)

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\railreciever.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\railreciever_nohq.paa)

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\barrelnad.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\barrelnad_nohq.paa)

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\15rail.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\15rail_nohq.paa)

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\railreciever.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\railreciever_nohq.paa)

Bad uvSource None in aawweprifle_mat\barrelnad.rvmat stage 1 (Super, tex aawweprifle_t\barrelnad_nohq.paa)

Generating ST on the fly is very slow - ReportStack not available

***** CYBP_ReloadFixInit.sqf done @ 0.195 seconds

Error in expression <his select 0, _this select 4];

};

_p = getpos _sh;

_vec = vectordir _sh;

_int=(>

Error position: <getpos _sh;

_vec = vectordir _sh;

_int=(>

Error getpos: Type String, expected Object,Location

File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\muzzle\rifle.sqf, line 12

Here's an image of the error:

error_small1.jpg

I've tested with just CBA alone and it works fine just wondering whether any other addons are experiencing the same problem?

Checked out the rifle.sqf script and the relevant part looks like this

private ["_sh","_p","_tr1","_tr2","_vec","_i","_int"];

if (count _this > 6) then

{

_sh = _this select 6;

}

else

{

_sh = nearestobject [_this select 0, _this select 4];

};

_p = getpos _sh;

_vec = vectordir _sh;

_int=((speed _sh)/3240)*(0.7 + random 0.6);

_life=_int*(0.5 + random 0.2);

if (_life==0) exitwith {};

drop [["\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal",16,12,8],

"", "Billboard", 1, _life, [0, 0, 0], [0, (2 + random 1.5)*_int, 0], 0, 0.104, 0.08,

0.2,[0.1, 1*_int,1.6*_int,_int*2], [[0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.1 + random 0.07],[1, 1, 1, 0]],

[1/_life], 1, 0, "", "", _sh,random 360];

if (_int>1) then {_int=1};

if ((abs(_p select 2) < _int) and !(surfaceiswater _p)) then

{

_tr1= (_int - abs(_p select 2))/1.3;

drop [["\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal.p3d", 16, 12, 13, 0], "", "Billboard", 1, 0.9 + random 0.3,

[_p select 0, _p select 1, 0.07], [((_vec select 0) -0.4 +(random 0.8))*1.3, ((_vec select 1) -0.4 +(random 0.8))*1.3, 0], 0,

0.104, 0.08, 0.2, [(0.2 + random 0.2)*_int,(1.3 +random 0.6)*_int],[[0.6, 0.5, 0.4, _tr1],[0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0]],

[1000], 1, 0, "", "", ""];

}

};

Does _sh need to be defined before the first if statement?

eg.

_sh = nearestobject [_this select 0, _this select 4];

if (count _this > 6) then

{

_sh = _this select 6;

};

Just tested the popup and LOD trashing thing again and its not VSync.

I cant see what the problem is, but now sometimes, not only the LOD´s, also the nearby texture loading is absolutly horrible. Sometimes the loading is great:(

Its really sad, that now there are big issues again with a official STABLE patch, but what can you do....

Just tested the popup and LOD trashing thing again and its not VSync.

I cant see what the problem is, but now sometimes, not only the LOD´s, also the nearby texture loading is absolutly horrible. Sometimes the loading is great:(

Its really sad, that now there are big issues again with a official STABLE patch, but what can you do....

Try to disable any virus scanners during playing.

which patch should i download and installed for Combined Operations (Arma 2 1.08 or OA 1.55, or Both)?

Try to disable any virus scanners during playing.

Thanks but i allways do that, specially for Arma.

As i mentioned, the strange thing is, its that all is good and running smooth, or the worse case.

Why we haven´t a OFFICIAL word on this? Looks like an update mistake.......

Well, guess 26th will be a new patch fixing some problems... buts its weird to release a patch now to update the game again in 2 weeks... Maybe to collect more feedback?

Either way, STEAM users (like me) will suffer if we have to download some Gbs of update. Twice....

Thanks but i allways do that, specially for Arma.

As i mentioned, the strange thing is, its that all is good and running smooth, or the worse case.

Same here, the texture of trees and houses pop up a lot with this new Patch:mad:, and please BIS fix the problem that now we cant join servers if we dont remove the dubbing_baf.pbo files from BAF Addons folder!!:(

Thx anyway , you fixed a lot of important things too!!!:yay::yay:

Same here, the texture of trees and houses pop up a lot with this new Patch:mad:, and please BIS fix the problem that now we cant join servers if we dont remove the dubbing_baf.pbo files from BAF Addons folder!!:(

Thx anyway , you fixed a lot of important things too!!!:yay::yay:

Same for me, especially on Chernarus.

Can be whole building flickering at times

Maybe they put the PMC Lite on it (?)

PMC Lite and PMC will be in 1.56 patch on 24 Nov.

I get:

ArmA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

Here's (probably) the issue. I bought Arma2 on Steam, so program folder is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

Then I bought OA on CD, so it created:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

But to play on DAO's server, they had to be in the same folder; kochleffel suggested I reinstall OA in the Steam folder, which I did.

But now the 1.55 patch will not install. Any suggestions?

thanks

streamline

This is a official problem with the Game's registry with the missing 'MAIN' registry key

[Without Main, your system will not reconigze the game even though you have the directory and exe]

You will need to run regedit.exe to fix the corrupted installation.

Win XP:

Press Start > Click Run > Type in "regedit.exe" (Without the "")

Win 7

Press Start > Search > Type in regedit

Seek that help from Dwarden or I could explain it later.

Edited by avengerzx

This is a official problem with the Game's registry with the missing 'MAIN' registry key

[Without Main, your system will not reconigze the game even though you have the directory and exe]

You will need to run regedit.exe to fix the corrupted installation.

Win XP:

Press Start > Click Run > Type in "regedit.exe" (Without the "")

Win 7

Press Start > Search > Type in regedit

Seek that help from Dwarden or I could explain it later.

I get the same error: ArmA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

I have A2/OA CD

Yes some help/advice would be good thanks

Ok now downloaded patch from 3 different mirrors... Even done full reinstalls twice!

Getting same errors on connecting to our 1.55 patched server....

Wrong signature for file BAF\addons\dubbing_baf.pbo

And If I remove BAF modline completely client side, I get....

Wrong signature for file Expansion\addons\wheeled_e.pbo

and kicked from server.

Even extracted the patch.exe into its component parts to run from game installation directory, and managed to run the installers without any reported errors.

But get same errors on joining and kicked.

Anyone else getting crashes with the following error in the RPT?

Buffer to small - nowhere to write the data

Ever since I updated I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes without it crashing. It is like the second last beta.