lennard

Lennard's WIP thread

Most of the SAS/SBS pictures I have seen have the more common SFW barrel

do you know when production changed or was this something special for Pathfinders?

STGN

No idea.

Practically all the pics of UKSF I've seen with with long-barreled SFWs date from no later than about 2003 (and do indeed have the classic barrel profile with the 'ring' on the thick part of the barrel). The ones I have that appear to be dated after that after are generally short barreled, or the blokes using them aren't UKSF (They're either RMP, PF or are being exhibited by the Army/MoD). I can only conclude that the change was made some time between 2003 and 2007. There's an L119 at Shrivenham that still had the 'old' SFW barrel as of last year (I've handled it myself) but they have all sorts of kit there that's mainly used for demonstration and education (loads of historic weapons, prototypes etc etc) so it doesn't necessarily reflect the normal service configuration.

I don't think it's a bespoke modification for PF; Pathfinder Platoon don't have an allotted budget, or influence on Whitehall that is anywhere near what UKSF have; so it seems pretty unlikely they'd be able to justify new barrels made especially for them. Most of PF's personal kit these days appears to be the same as the rest of the Parachute Regiment (not including 1 PARA obviously ;)).

Edited by da12thMonkey

You are indeed correct, I think I realised I'd fudged it yesterday night since it was in a pile of ref photos I had that were mostly airsoft, not that it's particularly of matter !

The L85 UOR style Acog w/ red-dot backup sight would be a very nice variant, could that then lead one to assume the L85 LLM is also in use on it? The picture from the pathfinders suggests otherwise, but all the kit available through UORs, new issue and modification seems to make any number of configurations a possibility

I got a pic from Da12thMonkey that shows a L119a1 with LLM. I've seen Dutch SF use it too.

Some more clear suggestions about what setups and accecoires is needed to make some good L119a1's for you guys.

I really have no idea about the British MOD policy regarding issuing gear etc.

Here's the L119a1 reciever as it is right now:

l119a1wip5.th.png

Looks much better.

Here's a pretty good ref for some of the wear, probably seen it before. http://b3.us.imgsrc.ru/m/magpul/6/20039526Jnd.jpg

Not sure if you have changed it at all since last shot but I took a few seconds to edit the wear just a tad. Its nothing special but it conveys the idea.

I haven't changed it yet, but thanks for your feedback.

Will defenately edit it. It's a shame it won't be really visible ingame.

Edit

Work continues.

Diemaco L119a1:

wzD2i.jpg DMPY7.jpg rhGEo.jpg

Edited by Lennard

Yeah, I always forget what will and wont show up well ingame.

Looking good ingame. Are you planning on doing a dirty version? if not I would gladly give it a once over for you ;)

they are very swish :D

Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

Here's a Crane stock I made yesterday:

l119a1wip6s.jpg

It still needs some more details and touch ups here and there, but the base is there.

I'm pretty happy with it already :rolleyes:

Current progress:

arma2oa2011071500145649.jpg arma2oa2011071500112246.jpg

- Great thanks goes out to Da12thMonkey and Vilas for letting me use various models.

WoW is all i can say right now OO

Look at this amount of detail!

I especially like the used-style paintjob at the reciever.

OA standalone compatible?

Looking awesome mate, really looking forward to them.

Thanks.

WoW is all i can say right now OO

Look at this amount of detail!

I especially like the used-style paintjob at the reciever.

OA standalone compatible?

I'm getting the config sorted atm.

Will try to make it OA standalone compatible, but I'm not that much of a config' man so no promises :o

Hey Lennard, I saw some pictures of your reskinned FN FAL, and wanted to try it out myself with your awesome reskinned takis. I can't find any download links though, could you point me in the direction of one?

Loving the look of those rifles too :D

Hey Lennard, I saw some pictures of your reskinned FN FAL, and wanted to try it out myself with your awesome reskinned takis. I can't find any download links though, could you point me in the direction of one?

Loving the look of those rifles too :D

It was a few minute job. So nothing special.

Here's a link. Don't see this as a release, but do with it whatever you like.

If somebody feels like releasing it, with a replacement config or whatever. Go ahead ;)

Those L119's are looking great. Can't wait for these.

Also, thanks for the retex FAL, what is the class name?

Edited by PSYCHOSIM

Thanks for the file lennard. These look great ingame, much more fitting. :D

Edited by Nightrain

Lennard, do you will never release those Marines in DCU uniforms?

Well that's a tough one. My standards have gone up since I made them. So if I ever want to release them, they will need a heavy upgrade.

--------------------------------------------------

Been working on some camo patterns, well just messing around in PS really.

I came up with the fractal patterns, I guess the influences are pretty clear.

If anyone has a nice project for these feel free to PM me ;)

truspeccamotryoutssm.jpg

- Click for high-res

Edited by Lennard