Sign in to follow this  
dondaddah

Any Fixes for Frozen ai units?

Running Combined Ops with or without Ace.

A very recent development:

Any reports of AI, enemy and friendly unit, simply freezing during battle?

For example of a SP squad with 8 AI 2 or 3 will simply freeze in place

half way during the mission. Same would occur on the OPs side during

battles. This is happenning with every mission i play, SP and MP.

Any fixes or suggestions?

Salute

-AI not move from the start = init problem > restart mission or check spawnscrips / reduce serverload for beter performance

-AI not controllable in the middel of a mission = respawn problem / loss of command function in squad after respawn? > fix would be to script in the mission a function that updates the squad layout:

this goos into an .sqf:

[] spawn {

while {true} do {

Here the exact code to trigger squads

};

};

what the actual script must be i'm afraid i cant tell you i am still learning this myself. Or maybe i'm completely wrong..

I am currently having the same issue, it only just started happening for some reason, I tried turning off the mods and it still happens. I also updated to the new beta to see if it fixed it but still not working.

When I tell the AI "danger" and then back to "safe" they break formation and just follow me in a straight line behind me. And once in combat and they go back to safe, 2-3 AI will just stop on the spot and refuse to move.

Any suggestions to what it may be and a possible fix? Or should I just reinstall and not update it to the current stable version which seems to be the problem?

Didn't notice a new patch was out, thanks I will give it a try.

I am still getting errors with it, anyone else still the same?

I am still getting errors with it, anyone else still the same?

Nope, atleast with 1.55 not yet. I used to get a.i. failure to follow WP's in certain situations, like under stealth behaviour..

I got one KSK guy stuck with the handgun bug.. and some squad mates walking in circles but not stuck this far.

I set up a mission in editor and once a firefight started two of my units got stuck in combat mode and refussed to join me or move. I feared the bug that prevented units in combat/stealth move along was still present but eventually they moved to our position. I reckon this as a feature since now AI's do not get blasted anymore because they poped up their heads when the zone is crawling with enemy.

Btw, it was a simple mission made up using DAC consisting in a USMC reinfroced platoon holding a hill (podagorsk island) against 2 mechanized company sized elements... pretty intense situation when it was all over I could not find a single tree without a bullet hole, so give this patch an opportunity. BIS did a good job (excepting the sluggish way the choppers are flying now) with it.

Regards

could you please provide any example mission ?

could you please provide any example mission ?

It's not any particular mission, therefore i doubt it's a scripting problem.

It happens with SP --> My mission senarios also.

eg SP--> senario --> 'combat'

To repeat the description of what happens:

The AI units simply freeze. Simply lifeless 'statues' on the battlefield.

Even freezing mid-animation, like arching backwark and firing into the sky.

That's as descriptive as i can make it.

And i am NOT referring to AI that are unresposive to commands, that's a whole other issue(smile).

ps:

to avoid making another thread-

My newest error message since patching is:

"size: 'color/' not an array"

Maybe someone can shed some light on that one also.

Thanks again to a great community.

Salute.

Edited by dondaddah

I had a similar problem with the AI dying but not realy dying...they would just stand in place after they were killed....

Come to find out it was the ST movment mod I had added, after I unloaded that the AI died the right way again...

Now if I could just play the game again without getting "out of memory error" id be a happy camper to be able watch the AI die the right way again :(

I am currently having the same issue, it only just started happening for some reason, I tried turning off the mods and it still happens. I also updated to the new beta to see if it fixed it but still not working.

When I tell the AI "danger" and then back to "safe" they break formation and just follow me in a straight line behind me. And once in combat and they go back to safe, 2-3 AI will just stop on the spot and refuse to move.

Any suggestions to what it may be and a possible fix? Or should I just reinstall and not update it to the current stable version which seems to be the problem?

This thread describes the issue I've been having very well and the above post describes it almost exactly. I first noticed this issue with a squad on Podagorsk, moving toward a town. Reloading the mission, the same thing happens at roughly the same place. In retrospect, it is the same area that I change the squad from Aware to Stealth. Is there something I can try scripting-wise to reset the squad?

-cl0ud

I've been having an issue with all AI controlled units freezing during gameplay on a dedicated server, I thought it might be related to DAC over-population but think it may actually be related to this and the unit behaviour settings, here's a link to my post on the DAC topic to save qouting it all again:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1869269&postcount=742

Has anyone found a solution or temporary workaround they could suggest?

Update: I think the issue I have been having may actually be related to my end mission triggers rather than DAC or existing A2 issues, but if anyone has had similar problems would still be nice to hear back, thanks!

Update 2: I think I've located the route of my problem, seems our weapon resting module is interfering with the end triggers and preventing them from working correctly.

Edited by PacUK

i have all the problems u guys stated above and i must add the ai heli gunner wont fire nor on the ones i mark. I have the latest beta installed 78413.

Edited by fidai