Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

Mystery Missile launch off the coast of California.

They also don't share a land border and the areas that are closest are not well suited to large scale troop movements.

Come on, if Sarah Palin can hunt big bears in Alaska, Im sure The US and Russia could have a barney there.

Lol at the "Chinese Theory". Got an image of a chinese sailor doing the monty python "taunting" through the periscope.

that is why i said theoretically.

Yeah, theoretically anything can happen. The scenario carries too many risks though.

Come on, if Sarah Palin can hunt big bears in Alaska, Im sure The US and Russia could have a barney there.

Obviously I don't know for sure as I haven't looked into it, but looking beyond a tactical perspective like we have in ArmA, does Alaska have the necessary infrastructure to support large military units? Same goes for that area of Russia. Logistics would be a major headache I'd imagine. The weather and terrain don't make for a nice combination either.

Edited by Snafu

perhaps you missed my point i made earlier theoretically (I cannot stress that enough, Theoretically) if it was a chinese missile fired from US waters, where would it land? for arguements sake Russia. You say China is in a major military development stage so obviously going to war with america or russia is a bad option. So what is the answer? you get russia and america to fight each other while you sit back and win a war without even fighting it.

You have to remember the relationship between america and russia has always been dodgy, even today, they will never fully trust each other without having the safety switch off the big red button so you try and see how America tries to convince russia that it was not them that launched even though the missile was launched from USA waters

"SOSUS, an acronym for Sound Surveillance System, is a chain of underwater listening posts across the northern Atlantic Ocean near Greenland, Iceland and the United Kingdom — the GIUK gap. It was originally operated by the United States Navy for tracking Soviet submarines, which had to pass through the gap to attack targets further west. Other locations in the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean also had SOSUS stations. It was later supplemented by mobile assets such as the Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS), and became part of the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System (IUSS). Many other listening posts are still in operation around the world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOSUS

unfortunately SOSUS became low priority (public knowledge of how the system works) even some portions were dismantled

anyway the video most likely shows just plane contrails

NS considering i have seen the long full footage and it's obviously obvious (99%)

anyway the video most likely shows just plane contrails
True but most likely doesn't mean it is.
NS considering i have seen the long full footage and it's obviously obvious (99%)
Is this the footage ref the launch? Is it the heli or ground footage? So most likely or 99 percent? Better still could you link that footage, im all for it being anything but a launch so link would be great.

Faked by news? Out of context?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328155/Pentagon-says-mystery-missile-California-aircraft.html

Then you have this angle view from a reporter heli (upright trajectory almost):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SU3R21gDqw&feature=related

Then the persons camera which is at a location it could look like its at many less degrees upright, but still doesn't fit a direct pattern of a jet at normal angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qKMchcgzk&feature=player_embedded#!

Also none really have assumed a plane, all reports are missile, all speculation is missile, Military and all main sources have been asked (so it was simply a plane that would have been acknowledged in moments and double checked) then basic review says jet, then pentagon comes back and says jet, like they are thick and know nothing and are looking at footage just like us and saying what's most likely ... we are talking pentagon BTW and Norad.

They couldn't get this out to news with direct info very fast about a plane, which is the most basic thing to look for to confirm via flight plans and radar?

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Conspiracy theorists are so funny.

I know, makes me cry till it hurts.

Edited by mrcash2009

Also none really have assumed a plane, all reports are missile, all speculation is missile

Of course all news reports and speculation are about a missile launch. "Airplane leaves contrail in a typical flight to LA" isn't exactly newsworthy. But the news is sensationalist in nature, and this would hardly be the first time that it blew something way out of proportion to capture an audience's attention.

Check out these photos from years past:

preview-20100119-154110.jpg

CONTRAIL010206.jpg

There are a ton of photos like this; just do a search for "sunset contrail." Can you believe that all these missiles have been secretly being launched for years? How have they been able to cover it up?! Good thing the truth is out now.

Edited by ST_Dux

So all news is also conspiracy theorists then right? Yet many believe it :)

Also, I can post numerous videos of trails from missiles launched from subs, that look far more like the profile of what we have with this .. (vary large bulk plume at bass at ground to near ground level. Also thick, as in as near to the trail than a far distant angled contrail that's consistent, unless the jet exploded and then carried on into a thin contrail ) at an angle that doesn't really match anything other than an angle at a degree not from a jet coming towards at distance, and the perceptive you would expect, your example doesn't answer the second video heli link, those pics are of one location and place and can be interpreted that way as 2 example frames.

Also, out of all sunset contrails that you see every single day, how comes this gets coverage and doesn't fit the profile enough for military to be asked and questions and responses from the pentagon, and the time taken and no responses etc etc. IF its a really simply as a contrail, this wouldn't have even surfaced based on the evidence for contrails and planes which are blatantly easy to work out. If this is all down to sensationalism then a lesson learned in media bullshit, but tomorrow I imagine most will go back to watching it.

Edited by mrcash2009

im sorry, but how many people have been on a plane that uses with that kind of flightpath? Its hijackers doing it wrong

FPDR

1. This is getting an unusual amount of media attention because it happened to be seen by a news helicopter that was in the perfect position to misinterpret a contrail as a missile launch.

2. The earth is curved. On a day with high visibility, a contrail may appear to have originated on the ground when it is actually just disappearing beyond the horizon. This illusion is reinforced by the fact that the contrail of a plane flying horizontally toward you will be more dispersed the further away it is (as it's been in the air being affected by the wind for longer), appearing larger at the back. It's only natural to assume that a plume of smoke appearing to originate on the ground is getting further away (thereby seeming to be moving upward) as it gets smaller, but the opposite is true when a plane is flying toward you.

3. A long contrail like the one this story about is not an accurate representation of a plane's flight path. Contrails are basically just artificially created clouds, and as such, they can be moved around as the wind varies. By the time the plane is 40 miles away from one position, the contrail that it created there could be very far off from its original position. This has the potential to create the "crazy flight path" that you're seeing.

I'm convinced by now that there's a super-di-dooper top secret black ops echelon inside the US government whose sole purpose is to troll the general public with bizarre aerial contraptions.

And it's working.

I'm convinced by now that there's a super-di-dooper top secret black ops echelon inside the US government whose sole purpose is to troll the general public with bizarre aerial contraptions.

And it's working.

for some reason, i would not be surprised if that was true.

Ref Cameron post.

LOL ... so true it hurts.

Edited by mrcash2009

It sure looks like contrails but seeing how big this story got it would means it's one of the first time californians are seeing contrails...kinda weird. I see contrails everyday, never mistaken one of them with a missile