Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice

Operation Mighty Justice

ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead campaign, NO ADDON NEEDED

oajusticecamp.jpg

Op. Mighty Justice is an Army based, Takistani campaign focused on regular infantry. As teamleader of Robber platoon you participate in the big operation to destroy the tyranny at Takistan.

* regular infantry fight (no pilot, no spec ops) with adventures

* working in bigger force (you are not alone and not only single squad are in fight)

* support IFVs

* addon free

* only OA

* no HC, but other squads and support IFVs fight with you

* 9 missions

* weapon selection in briefings

* created by the designer of Chesty Puller campaign

oaarmycamppic01.th.jpg oaarmycamppic02.th.jpg oaarmycamppic03.th.jpg oaarmycamppic04.th.jpg

Takistan has been in chaos for the last few centuries. China and Russia tried to invade it in the last century, but they failed, because the warlords always unified when somebody attacked Takistan. But when they earned their independence, they start their own local war for oil, for opium, for manwork... This is just regular, local terror, who cares. Only the UN sends a few troops for peace keeping, but they are as corrupt as the Takistani leadership. Back in the USA, the people elected their first afro-American president, who promised he stop the war in Iraq. In Iraq the war on terror was still fought and victory was so far away, if they withdraw without reason, it would seem like a shameful retreat. So President Obama relocated the US troops from Iraq to Takistan. Operation Mighty Justice has begun. The US Army invaded Takistan to prevent mass destruction and massacre by islamic redicals in the revolutionary government.

Changelog:

v1.02

* new UPSMON script 5.0.9.

* small fixes

* added new bonus mission

Direct download

DOWNLOAD v1.02

Armaholic mirror:

DOWNLOAD v1.02

Edited by bardosy

Great, thank, I will test it this evening!

how many missions about can we expect?

Wohoo nice to see it released. Then i'll do some more testing

@Giuppo 8 Missions

Congrats Bardosy on the release. Will test out your final version once I get back home.

@Tonci, Muahaha, kommiekat: thanks for your help!!!!

BTW, I forgot post a youtube video from one of the last missions... I try to do it now:

Xv6e2ASRJRE

Looking good. Played through first mission without incidents. Half way through the second one after clearing a target, we got ordered to get moving. I told myself "you bet there is some bastard just waiting behind this fence". And there was. And he got me. On reload I got 2FPS and quit. Not sure if this is a mission problem or a general OA problem, but I've had this also in MP but then always accompanied with a game crash on exit, which didn't happen now. (No heavy mods used, I think only a debugger).

One thing I miss since there hasn't been any voice so far, is some kind of cue to read the subtitles. Even if it's just some static click noise on the radio indicating that a radio transmission is going on.

So far, nicely done.

I have a little problem when using ACE together with this, I´m unable to select my gear in the briefing screen. I can open the dialogue but when I close it everything is on default and I have the same weapon again. Weird is: It works for my teammates, I can choose their Loadout as I like...

Thank you for releasing this new campaign, Bardosy. I am enjoying this new one a lot just like your earlier work for Arma II and Armed Assault.

Regards,

Sander

Thx for that campaign, Bardosy !

I've just finished 1st mission after having finished Chesty Puller some days ago, which was amazing, too (took a lot of screenshots in Chernarus ;) )

Playing with ACE and Zeus_AI, no problems so far.

Keep on your great work.

Thanks Bardosy, nice work. :)

I seem to have massive lag with the first mission. Does anyone else see that? I don't normally have problems with other missions.

Edit: I seem to have all right FPS, but in Chadarak every 5-10 seconds the game locks up for half a second or so - I assume you have some looping script. It makes playing pretty much impossible. Can you please take a look at this?

Edited by xxbbcc

There is no loop script in the first mission, but later there is a body remover script (it's looped) for better performance. But the first mission is too light for it.

But there are checkpoints (triggers) what produce enemies (spawn) in the next objective. Maybe it caused the lag in your machine (that scipt create units not in one time, but after 5-6 secs - also for better performance). But it was not problem in my - not-too-uptodate - PC (2.6Ghz CPU and 8800GT).

Hmm.... what about shareinfo.sqf? That looks like a relatively heavy loop and it seems to fit the cycle I have with the lags - every ~10 seconds. It seems to run for all units on the map - could that be the one causing the issues?

I have a 2 .6GHz dual core, 9800 GT with 3 GB RAM and normally I have no issues with other missions.

Hmm.... what about shareinfo.sqf? That looks like a relatively heavy loop and it seems to fit the cycle I have with the lags - every ~10 seconds. It seems to run for all units on the map - could that be the one causing the issues?

I have a 2 .6GHz dual core, 9800 GT with 3 GB RAM and normally I have no issues with other missions.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot that, because I never thought it cause any lag. It never made trouble for me and betatesters, but I have much weaker PC. Sometimes I felt the moment when enemies spawned, but never felt constant lag because of info sharing. This script is very important. Without it, the squads act like stupid: they never help you if you are in trouble, the Bradleys don't support you etc...

Wonderful campaign! Partly a bit too much walking, but nonetheless very entertaining. Had no big problems to play through, beside a command problem on the last mission.

For some reason my fellows (2nd humvee) no longer responded to the "regroup"- order and sometimes not even to the move order. Im not sure, but might be that they somehow followed #5 - even if I have no idea how that could happen.

Every other problem was rather the common stupid BIS-AI-driver stuff.

And whats next? Takistani freedom fighters plotted against the evil, capitalist opressors?

Thanks for the wonderful entertainment! Keep up the good work!

Did you experienced this annoying thing with the new patch? One betatester found some similar effect in 5th mission, but - of course - without humvee, on foot. :( I guess it's bis ai bug. I hope new patch will solve it.

Im running on Build 74630 + BAF. No other mods. And yes, it was not only while they where in the humvee but also when they have been out of the humvee. But I experienced it only in the last mission. No other problems so far. Exit and reload didnt help.

Solution for this annoying bug:

Press backspace and choose the answer ready (1), now the group is yours again.

Great fun so far.

On Sieze the Airport the Bradley's and AT troops are rufusing to attack the BTR 60 that appears on the scene. Not sure if it is bug with A2 or the mission. No matter what I do I can't get anyone to attack it. Running latest 1.55 patch, BAF and A2.

I get pretty strange lag on the first 2 missions - similar to what I get when running BI campaigns. You must have some heavy scripting going on in the back ground to lag my machine out. I'm running an i7 @4Ghz 6G ram and an ati 5870. Are you using the ALICE module in these missions as I have noticed it will lag my machine out?

By the way I'm loving the the script that gets the Bradleys to provide support. How are you doing this?

Sorry, you're right. I forgot that, because I never thought it cause any lag. It never made trouble for me and betatesters, but I have much weaker PC. Sometimes I felt the moment when enemies spawned, but never felt constant lag because of info sharing. This script is very important. Without it, the squads act like stupid: they never help you if you are in trouble, the Bradleys don't support you etc...

Would you be able to somehow break it up into smaller chunks (for example, putting in a 1s wait inside the nested loops.) Another thing you could try (if you don't mind) is putting the AI in several smaller lists and then only process one of these lists at a time, not all AI.

That may solve the lag problem. I think I have a reasonable powerful computer - I played a 75-AI mission just a few hours ago and it was running smoothly.

I tried this first mission again and noticed that when most of my teammates (side west) are around me, the game freezes for 1-2 seconds every 5-10 seconds. I imagine others may run into this too. I'd really like to have the lag gone, since your past campaigns were pretty good.