Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice

@BlackADD3R:

Hey, thanks! Those issues are really weird:

- Russian speaking... I have no idea! All enemies are takistani units (opfor and gerillas) there is no any russian units there. Probably a 3rd party mod? I found russian speaking germans in I44 mod, but this campaign didn't use any mod.

- All kind of weapons: yes. It's real. Takistani units has very wide variety of weapons from AKs to M16.

- The Javelin and the Blackout bug: no, I never found this in the campaign. I heard same problems if use warez version of ArmA2, but I never see this before.

Regarding the Javelin:

Maybe he uses ACE

Tank valley is basically unplayable with ACE since ACE redefines how Javs work.

You need to have a CLU and the Missile Tube. If you want to play this Mission with ACE then you have to EDIT it so that you replace all Launcher with CLU´s and all Missiles with Missile Tubes.

Well that will surely please someone! :D Anyway, any plan to update this amazing campaign? To me, one of the very few things that might be improved is gear selection before mission start, some backpacks and more weapons would be very nice!

I have a problem in Tank Valley. The first time I player it was vanilla Combined Operations and had no problems. Now I use a number of mods, and the Javelins don't work anymore. It happens only in this mission, because in other missions (like BAF Tank Hunters) they work fine. The mods that seem to break Jav behaviour in this mission seem to be either gdtmod_javelin or something in SLX.

Edited by folgore_airborne

Pretty nice campaign! I have a strange thing in the last mission (bonus one) though:

When I report to the flight transport officer, and the first attack wave on airport starts, we kill them easily. Then, I get to report at the control tower, and a new assignment pops up - meet with Bradleys at W end of airport. I go there on foot, however, the Brads take forever to arrive, and before them few enemy squads appear, which get promptly killed (they are grouped so much it's like mice in a barrel with a scoped battle rifle). After killing two squads, the Bradleys finally arrive with some infantry, but nothing happens. I am just stuck at the meeting point, with the mechanised reinforcements I was supposed to meet up with just stand here doing nothing.

edit:

Hm, they finally arrived, one last squard took a strange detour through what seemed like whole of Rasman and around the airfield wire fence, had to wait it out in 4x time. When they finally got there, the trigger triggered

Edited by fraczek

@folgore_airborne: Thanks. Currently I'm worked on a coop/multi NAPA-campaign. But in sideway, I reworked two mission of Mighty Justice to coop version: added more weapons and backpacks to the briefing, added more enemy, add more dinamic battle and remove some friendly units to rise the fun with your friends. So it's not impossible to update the single campaign with more weapons and backpacks. Eg. I'll add Mk17 weapons. Do you have any suggestion to selectable weapons?

About the javelin: I use nothing special with Javelins in that mission: I just add weapon and ammo to the humvee, nothing special script or something. So I have no idea what could cause that problem. But Tonci87 said a few comments ago about Javelin and ACE mod conflict. Is it help you?

@fraczek: thanks for report this! I'll check out this part, and if I can solve it somehow, I'll do it.

Great, well it's not important to have huge selections, it would be sufficient more M249\M240 versions, M4A3s, vanilla Arma 2 M4A1s...backpacks, some handguns. Some Mk17s are already present I think, you mean more variants? About the Javelin, I don't use ACE...I have to look deeper into it and I'll let you know.

Edited by folgore_airborne

@folgore_airborne: Thanks. Currently I'm worked on a coop/multi NAPA-campaign. But in sideway, I reworked two mission of Mighty Justice to coop version: added more weapons and backpacks to the briefing, added more enemy, add more dinamic battle and remove some friendly units to rise the fun with your friends. So it's not impossible to update the single campaign with more weapons and backpacks. Eg. I'll add Mk17 weapons. Do you have any suggestion to selectable weapons?

About the javelin: I use nothing special with Javelins in that mission: I just add weapon and ammo to the humvee, nothing special script or something. So I have no idea what could cause that problem. But Tonci87 said a few comments ago about Javelin and ACE mod conflict. Is it help you?

Bardosy, only coop/multi no SP ?

It's depend on your skills :)

I didn't test all these (NAPA) missions single (some of these I did) and these could be hard for a single human player, but all will be playable single too. And I want to release it in two versions: the campaign file and the missions separatedly for coop. I never do this before, because I always created single only missions before, so this is a new experiment and I hope it will be success.

By the way, will you consider an ACE Version for this NAPA Campaign?

I ask only because ACE offers many weapons that would really fit insurgent forces.

Have a look at this:

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/classlist

The AKM, AKMS, AKS and AKS 74 Variants together with the SKS and some M16 Ironsights would make for a really nice Weapon Mix.

I really look forward to this NAPA Campaign

I'm afraid from the expectations... :)

I feel this new campaign a little bit bellow my standard, because creating coop missions is much different than single missions and the first mission was just a test to 'what can I do in coop'. The three last missions are probably in the same level as my usual, but I only plan one more mission to complete the campaign (it will be a six missions campaign).

Other side, I'm a little bit disappointed to recreate the Resistance-mood, but it's probably, because in Resistance I always felt myself alone (even with the AI comrades too), but now I have human brothers-in-arms who always help me if I'm in trouble. Additionally, if I die in these missions I'll respawn soon, so it's not so painful as in a single campaign. Probably the players who want to play this in single will suffer... :) And if they do, maybe my campaign could reach the mood of original Resistance campaign. I hope.

The problem is (beside to scripting in multi is much harder then in single) if you create coop missions, you have to forgot the long, boring walks. But these boring intermissions was very important part of all single campaign, because these add a filing of 'am I safe now, or I'll be ambushed in any minutes' and when the player started boring and his alert level lowered, something happened and he was in the middle of deep shit or the story got a twist. But in coop missions you have no time for this "jokes", because your (and your boddies') time is expensive. You finally found a date when all of you is free and you have two hours for play before wives start getting angry, so no time to boring travels and long story telling parts: and you add more action to everywhere and try to keep the battlezone in a very specific area with not too much distances. But without distances (the kilometers are very important value of OFP/ArmA) the story will be a little bit unbelievable: you just destroy a convoy 500m from here (a few minutes) and now you kill soldiers in a village, but there is no hard reinforcements - it's impossible, put playable. You get it?

In single I can add distances, because if player's wife is angry, you can save and continue when you are ready again, but coordinating with 5-10 wives is very hard project :D (God bless our monogamy traditions in Europe for a better single playing!)

About ACE:

First thing first (it's linked to my thoughts above) in a real NAPA-(single)-campaign the player cannot choose weapons in briefing, because he has what he grab in the previous missions. But this is a coop campaign and - except the first mission where you have only pistols - you can choose weapons in the briefing and these are not the outdated AKs, but the modern ones because of two reasons: 1, for more fun in coop, and 2, your supply is from modern Russian Army, because you kill solders who has AK-107 and it's more realistic to arm yourself with these weapons as outdated AKs from hidden basements (IMHO).

Return to ACE, I don't like mods (probably I told this here before) because in OFP and ArmA1 I prefer to use mods, but when mods depend from each other and one of them will be updated the whole system is collapsed and many angry player blame you ;) But there are two ways to solve this to you: first you (or your mission maker friends) dePBO the missions and add these ACE weapons to the description.ext or you send me a classname list with your preferable ACE weapons and I add these and create to a very special version of this campaign (but I don't promise you to test it, because my ACE probably outdated).

And Tonci, thanks for your support and inspirating thoughts!

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 ----------

Great, well it's not important to have huge selections, it would be sufficient more M249\M240 versions, M4A3s, vanilla Arma 2 M4A1s...backpacks, some handguns. Some Mk17s are already present I think, you mean more variants? About the Javelin, I don't use ACE...I have to look deeper into it and I'll let you know.

folgore, it could be great if you also send me a list of classnames with your favorite weapons to add Mighty Justice weapon pool.

You can find classnames here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons

Copy the classnames to a list and post it here or send me in PM.

folgore, it could be great if you also send me a list of classnames with your favorite weapons to add Mighty Justice weapon pool.

You can find classnames here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons

Copy the classnames to a list and post it here or send me in PM.

I'd say these would be great!

m16a4_acg

M16A4_ACG_GL

M4A1

M4A1_AIM

M4A1_HWS_GL

M4SPR

Mk_48_DES_EP1

M60A4_EP1

M249_TWS_EP1

M249_m145_EP1

SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT

M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1

M4A3_CCO_EP1

glock17_EP1

M9

M110_TWS_EP1

US_Backpack_EP1

US_Assault_Pack_EP1

US_Patrol_Pack_EP1

Without a doubt one of the best infantry-fighting experiences I have had in ArmA! Great, great work, thanks bardosy!

One minor technical problem: mission "Tank Valley" did not end for me, I had to resort to the ENDMISSION cheat.

My mod list for this campaign:

@CBA_A2;

@CBA_OA;

@CBA;

@ACE;

@ACEX;

@ACEX_RU;

@ACEX_USNavy;

@ASR_AI;

@Blastcore_Visuals;

@JSRS;

@JSRS_ACE;

@tpwc_ai_sup;

@tpw_ai_los;

@ASR;

@sthud

Thanks Doomguy! Did you fight back the counter-attack? it could be 5-10 minutes. And after it, you get an order to get in the Bradley at chackpoint. Where you were when mission didnt end?

Thanks Doomguy! Did you fight back the counter-attack? it could be 5-10 minutes. And after it, you get an order to get in the Bradley at chackpoint. Where you were when mission didnt end?

Yeah I ambushed their counter attack - pretty sure I got all of them.

My team then moved to the roadblock and held position for at least 30 minutes (with time acceleration on). I didn't get the order to mount the Bradley...

Thanks for report this. Fortunately you didn't miss anything. This is the end of that mission. Sorry for the showstopper.

that's strange, cause i played it recently and i didn't have any problems. after killing all the enemies i got the order to board the humvee or Bradley.

@Doomguy:

did you play it with any mod? like ACE, ASR AI, TPW, Zeus or any AI modification mod?

Mr. Bardosy?

Could you please make another CAMP with OPFOR being the heros?

Thanks!

@Doomguy:

did you play it with any mod? like ACE, ASR AI, TPW, Zeus or any AI modification mod?

Yes, he listed all the MODs what he uses playing my campaign (but hide it in spoiler section): ACE, TPW, ASR...

Thank you VERY much for this campaign, i'm enjoying ARMA2 like never before with this one (yes i have played Chesty Puller wich was great, but this one's even better).

Let me just report a small annoyance on "step left":

in last village most enemies stand with their hands over their head inside or outside buildings (probably terrorized by the violent helicopter attack), one has to explore all houses (wich sounds right) and kill every surrenderng soldier (wich sounds wrong) to get the end script.(unless i miss something ?)

Looking forward to finish this one, then move on to play another of yours :yay:

Hi encoutered same problem

Enter last village on "Step Left" chopper arrives and kills all the hostiles. I assault norhtern part of village and its clear. All hostiles are dead than script error shows ({alive_x}count units l#l tak4)<3

Error undenified variable in expression: tak4

What should I do to complete the mission? I played it with ACE.

have you tried in vanilla version?

as you use ACE, you'd better check whether it comes from this mod or not.