Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice

Mighty Justice was one of the best campaign I played.

Agreed

Operation Arrowhead stock campaign was plain bad compared to such action packed missions.

Agreed.

I have come to the conclusion the reason why it's so bad because they just wanted to give people an idea of what can be done with the game when you open the editor and start making missions and designing mods.

Not sure about this and of course is not a very good reason to package a boring campaign.

I have come to the conclusion the reason why it's so bad because they just wanted to give people an idea of what can be done with the game when you open the editor and start making missions and designing mods.

Not sure about this and of course is not a very good reason to package a boring campaign.

I thought the same. The official campaign is just a tech-demo what show you the new possiblities.

Or - and it's worst - BIS thought OFP-gameplay is obsolote... :( I never forget my first combats in OFP, when I felt myself a little gear in the big machine. This is what I love in OFP/ArmA, not the lone-wolf, black-op actions.

I have a little bad feeling about ArmA3, because it's advertised as lone-wolf game. But if it's possible to creat big battles in it, I promise guys, I'll deliver the good old OFP-like battles.

Hi,

i have some probs with the campaign:

1) i get this error message right at start:

"vehicle class citizen1 no longer exists"

2) then i got this one after the intro:

"vehicle class land_fire_barrel no longer exists"

3) little message box appears "...can't patrol xy area marker "town1" missing ?

4) first mission:

-I cleared the first villages, everything fine. But as i went further to the east, the only enemy i could find was a lonely chopper at the airport, "sitting duck".

-Then i realised that there's something wrong with the marker for the target village, it's shown at grid 999/000 ? Sure there's no village.

-The tanks are not following me, the may not supposed to ?

My OA version nr. shows : 1.59

Thanks for your help!

Edited by gambla

Now I finally own Arrowhead I thought I'd check for a Bardosy campaign and I'm not disappointed! Great fun to play as always, I'm on the mission where you have to attack three villages so far, and on the last one an AH64 joins in the fight and starts raking the enemies on the ground, great to watch! Well done on another good campaign sir! :cool:

Hi,

i have some probs with the campaign:

Thanks for your help!

There was an easy fix to this but I forgot:butbut:

Anyways, seems like you're using addons. Turn them all off and start the game again. If it works, then try to pin-point the addon by adding them back in one by one or two by two to make it faster.

Trouble shooting is about 1/3 of the fun of playing Arma2 with mods installed.

I have played Mighty Justice and it is really great. The massive amount of troops and inner city battles look amazing. The only thing missing for the perfect atmosphere would be voice acting but I suppose that would be too much effort.

I have found two issues. In the missions transported with the Stryker it used to throw my team out and then drive backwards killing some of them.

The one where you attack the valley and must retreat because of artillery fire.

Maybe it has something to do with the latest Beta but I thought it was worth reporting.

I circumvented this by telling my team to get out shortly before drop off which forced the Stryker to halt and wait.

Then another issue is with the cow you should shoot. If you kill the cow before talking to him it has no effect so does shooting in his leg. Maybe this should be more flexible.

I had some issues that the enemy soldiers didn't react properly and were killed like sheep. But I suppose this is an Arma problem but maybe this is triggered by the Upsmon script. (My cpu is fast enough.)

Last but not least I would have one feature request. Is it possible to save the weapon load out for the team so it could be used for all following missions if not changed? It is a little bit annoying to change the weapons of everyone for every new mission. Since the campaign is mainly infantry based not many changes are needed.

Thank you for feedback!!!

I guess sometimes there are accidenst like this "Stryker-issue" in ArmA2, as in real-life too. But if you reload the game probably won't happene again (never happened with me in betatests). But I can tell you a developer-secret: there (after the time-jump) was a little ArmA-bug, what I cannot solve only with this force-drop: if you just disembark normally, your team will deny to embark again, when mission continues. :(

I'm not really understand the cow-problem, sorry. Why have to shoot the cow's leg? If you talk with Ali and THEN shoot the cow (not the leg, but dead) the mission works. Why have to kill the cow BEFORE talk with Ali? Not really understand, but please explain it.

Sheep-soldiers: in towns I experienced the same, but it's ArmA2. :( The AI cannot fight well in urban area. As far as I experienced UPSMON script add a much more intelligence to the enemy troopers, so I guess it was not that script.

Weapon load-out: Great advise! Thanks. Next time, I'll keep in mind.

Now I finally own Arrowhead I thought I'd check for a Bardosy campaign and I'm not disappointed! Great fun to play as always, I'm on the mission where you have to attack three villages so far, and on the last one an AH64 joins in the fight and starts raking the enemies on the ground, great to watch! Well done on another good campaign sir! :cool:

I had a very awkward moment on this mission.

Apparently Robber 2 leader is immortal - and when attacking the 2nd village he was sitting and not moving, armed with his pistol, while BRDM desperately tried to kill him by firing everything it got.

Obviously first thing to fix here is to remove pistols from all AIs due to that pistol bug. And the second thing is to rebalance the mission a bit so not to use immortality...

Also some missions have you leading a squad as a sniper. For realism's sake why not to replace the sniper with squad leader as it is in other missions?

I guess sometimes there are accidenst like this "Stryker-issue" in ArmA2, as in real-life too. But if you reload the game probably won't happene again (never happened with me in betatests).

It happens every time during the two stryker transports and even after load but maybe not after a mission restart.

I'm not really understand the cow-problem, sorry. Why have to shoot the cow's leg? If you talk with Ali and THEN shoot the cow (not the leg, but dead) the mission works. Why have to kill the cow BEFORE talk with Ali? Not really understand, but please explain it.

I meant to shoot Ali in the leg and to kill the cow on the way in to speed things up and prevent the guy from talking for hours. :)

If I have killed the cow before he is talking like nothing has happened.

Sheep-soldiers: in towns I experienced the same, but it's ArmA2. :( The AI cannot fight well in urban area. As far as I experienced UPSMON script add a much more intelligence to the enemy troopers, so I guess it was not that script.

Not necessarily in towns. In the last mission, when we are counter attacking from the airport there are groups running nearby and you can shoot them from the side while they don't shoot back. They just keep running or even walking slowly in another direction or just laying on the ground. And I am not that of a fast shooter.

The town ai was really impressive thanks to Upsmon. Like in the mission where you have to rescue the hostages. I got shot so many times from different buildings and the guys coming down the stairs were great.

I have heard about a special low skilled AI modus to save cpu cycles. Maybe this is used in UPSmon and doesn't get disabled for nearby soldiers on some occasions.

Edited by Black Russian

Guys i am currently at mission Step Left, i have taken all the targets. But the Chak Chak one is not completed, although i cleared the town and north of it. And Rest and Ammo is still not completed, i am stuck now. Cant seem to find any more enemies, and the AH-64 is hovering above Chak Chak, they took down most of the enemies in the centre.

Any help? Or should i finish mission with END MISSION

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

EDIT:

Sorry, i forgot the radio call. But still the Chak Chak mission isnt getting completed.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Nevermind, i did the attack on Chak Chak to quick. I got back to the last objective and it ticked off. I am now at Break Through

@Stg Gull: Did you mean, if you don't Rset and reammo BEFORE Chak Chak, the mission is stucked? Ugh... well, it's a bug. I'll check it, because if you are so scottish to serve enough ammo to attack Chak Chak, why have to wait for the reammo?

I did rearm, so did my team. Because they were out of ammo before i reached the ammo truck. But after rearming i forgot to call radio, thats what went wrong. After i cleared ChakChak, i called radio and went back to rearm. After that it ticked the mission off, so i finished it anyway :)

great intense fighting in all your missions, dont know how you keep doing that. Its very cool. Thanks!!

Thank you VERY much for this campaign, i'm enjoying ARMA2 like never before with this one (yes i have played Chesty Puller wich was great, but this one's even better).

Let me just report a small annoyance on "step left":

in last village most enemies stand with their hands over their head inside or outside buildings (probably terrorized by the violent helicopter attack), one has to explore all houses (wich sounds right) and kill every surrenderng soldier (wich sounds wrong) to get the end script.(unless i miss something ?)

Looking forward to finish this one, then move on to play another of yours :yay:

Man, you have to play the last mission of this campaign with the latest beta patches. They really hit you hard. :D

It had probably also something to do that the Bradleys didn't decide to go forward with the other team :D but the AI still seem to react much better. They were no sheep anymore, at least most of the time.

They usage of cover was great before and if you approach through this overgrown area with the walls everywhere it is really madness. :) I haven't tested CQB yet but it is supposed to be better too.

Thanks for the great campaign! Unfortunately I'm stuck now with the Recon Timurkulay task.

I recon'ed Timurkulay succesfully 2-3 times, but died briefly after that achievement. The last 5 tries were all unsuccessful. I tried to observe the town from the hill at 086048 south of Timurkulay, which worked previously, but I don't get the permission to engage now. I also walked right besides the prisoner camp, but also got no fire permission. Anything left to do but to restart the whole mission?

@Tetet: unfortunately, I guess you have to restart... :(

I never found this bug before, but I really can imagine how it happened. There are a few scripts what manage and control these parts (reconing, orders, objectives). And ArmA engine handle the scripts very odd if you load a saved state. Probably ArmA can handle the first 3 times the realoaded games, but later it cannot load the actual scripts.

I know this mission is very long and very sorry for the restart. My other suggestion is: hit endmission and continue the campaign without this aux-objective. Yes, it's sad, but not very important for the story.

If you kill the guards and liberate the prisoners, you will got a radio chat and HQ promise you to send UN forces to handle the wounded and the other prisoners. Mission completed. The next mission will start at that POW camp.

In that mission "Step Left" I implemented MONSADA's patrol script. This script caused mass surrender - probably at the end of my missions, because all enemy units are in this script and when the 95% of them is killed, they drop the weapon. In a few missions this is a great and realistic feature, but not in all, so sometimes I remove it. But I'm always aware for this, because in the first mission I found that bug - what you mentioned - because my trigger was "enemy not present" and, of course it never triggered if surrendered units are in the area. So I changed it for a little complicated trigger what count the live and not captive enemy units in the area... And it works.

Probably I forgot this in the Step Left mission, but I'm not sure. I'll check it soon.

Hi Bardosy, has started this campaign and its very enjoyable, thanks for making it.

I am in the Seize the Airport mission, clearing out lower Taka (Jaka?). I can only find one enemy left but he has dropped his weapon and stands with his hands over his head. I have tried the action menu but I can only talk to him, not bring him along or something similar. Would I have to take him out to set off the trigger that the area is cleared?

-OP

Yeah, that's what I was guessing. However, it seemed Bardosy had fixed the count logic of non-combatants in other missions, perhaps he left this one out

Operation Mighty Justice? You put too much syrup on the name.

Edited by ziiip

Yeah, that's what I was guessing. However, it seemed Bardosy had fixed the count logic of non-combatants in other missions, perhaps he left this one out

Ok, something happened now. I saved the mission in the state where the only live enemies had surrendered and as I stated above that did not trigger that we had cleared the area. I then resumed the game, loaded up that save, and immediately once I am in the game the trigger tells us that we have cleared the area (and are to proceed to the next area).

It was as if that counting thingy had to reinitialize or whatever happens upon mission start with a saved game. Anyway, I am past this mission now, further into this great campaign :)

@Old_Painless: your quote was from the bate stage and I fixed this in all missions: my count script can handle the captive enemies. This stuck could be something else...

@ziip: I'm really disappointed: shame on you as a Hungarian. ;) The IRONY is a hungaricum and you should feel it! "Mighty Justice" is a parody of all name of operations from (both) Bush administrations.

The original name was "Enduring Boredom", but it was not the best solution for PR. :)

Bardosy, Mighty Justice is by far the best mission / campaigns I have ever played with ArmA 2. Definately better than the original campaign, it feels real and alive.

I have a couple of issues, maybe it has already been talked about:

-In mighty justice some enemies speak in Russian...

-The enemy is using all kinds of weapons, from AKs to FALs and even m-16s and SAWs. Is this normal or is it just on my end ???

-The biggest bug I have encountered is in Tank Valley. The Javelins do not reload, the do not lock on, they do not fire

-In Step Left I am getting black outs every 3 or 4 seconds as I walk along. The screen just fades back and forth to black. Has anyone ever seen this?

Great work.

Edited by BlackADD3R