Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Nvidia GTX580 benchmark ArmaII

check out the last of the tests. a 40% increase in minimum and average fps over the 480at those kind of insane resolutions. pretty impressive.

Yah, these really are better than I thought they would be - I can't wait :D

temps still seem quite high tbh, It says its quieter as well, but im not too sure, Happy with my 260 until the prices crash

temps still seem quite high tbh, It says its quieter as well, but im not too sure, Happy with my 260 until the prices crash

I didn't have temp problems with my 480s so I can only imagine how cool these wiill run.

I didn't have temp problems with my 480s

Really? I had major heat issues with my 480, even in the Antek 1200 which is a wind tunnel.

I had to resort to an aftermarket cooler, the "Gelid icy vision" which fixed it proper from 100c+ to 60c.

Hopefuly since the release of the GTX580, the GTX480's will take a penny dump and I can double these baby's up Yay&Hooray!

Never had any trouble, I've rarely seen them go over 80c and thats only in benchmarks.

I played Fallout NV for about 4 hours yesterday and they never broke 65.

Never had any trouble, I've rarely seen them go over 80c and thats only in benchmarks.

I have the EVGA reference model, I see you have an ASUS. Is it also the reference model?

I could bring down my temps with the stock heat sink by increasing the fans rpm but the noise was quite unacceptable.

As I read the Bit Tech review I was starting to feel the Nvidia-longing.

I've always had Nvidia cards but went with a pair of 5870's when building my gaming rig about seven months ago. They've been great as far as raw performance is concerned, but ATI and their drivers are the worse.

But Bit Tech said it themselves, looks like another round of card wars is about to take place so get ready for some serious leaps in Video performance!!!

My MSI 460 has the Zalman Cyclone cooler on it... and even so I can feel an impressive amount of heat just by touching the acrylic case panel near the card. These things get really hot indeed.

But Bit Tech said it themselves, looks like another round of card wars is about to take place so get ready for some serious leaps in Video performance!!!

Looking at the specs of this card it just seems like a slightly hardware tweaked GTX480.

Its probably going to be the best Dx11 card for a while since ATI sucks at Dx11, but it would be interesting to see how well this card does in the game

compared to the next ATI card. Even the ATI 5970 did poorly in that game, because of allot of studdering even with higher fps, compared to the GTX480, which ran more smoothly at a lower fps, but you could still see that the card was giving it all it got, but still coming up a bit short in regards to what performance people would want.

As I read the Bit Tech review I was starting to feel the Nvidia-longing.

I've always had Nvidia cards but went with a pair of 5870's when building my gaming rig about seven months ago. They've been great as far as raw performance is concerned, but ATI and their drivers are the worse.

Looks like it's AMD's turn to drop the ball tbh.

The 6970 and the 6990 are delayed and the 6970 will only match the 580 at best so the field is looking a little more even at this point.

The 28nm parts are where the real war will start ;)

I just wanted to compare my current rig to that of the 580 arma2OA bench.

1600 x 900 0x AA 16xAF, DirectX 9, Very High Detail

same settings as used here http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/11/nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-review/arma2-l.jpg

OA v1.54

my Arma2 OA benchmark mission 08 = 51 fps average of 3 runs

I submit, that as compared to the benchmark used for Arma2 Operation Arrowhead from the above linked article, my SLI 275s run similarly to the single gtx580.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Buying one of these this weekend and selling my 480, hopefully temps are even better ingame than my 480.

-Ziggy-;1785835']I just wanted to compare my current rig to that of the 580 arma2OA bench.

1600 x 900 0x AA 16xAF' date=' DirectX 9, Very High Detail

same settings as used here http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/11/nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-review/arma2-l.jpg

OA v1.54

my Arma2 OA benchmark mission 08 = 51 fps average of 3 runs

I submit, that as compared to the benchmark used for Arma2 Operation Arrowhead from the above linked article, my SLI 275s run similarly to the single gtx580.

Yeah, I've got dual GTX 280s in SLI and my performance is about on par with the single GTX 580 as well.

Imagine 2 of those in SLI, though...*drool* :cool:

Let us wait and see how HD6970 and HD6990 performs and owns the GF110 chips

Nope, the 6970 isn't going to beat the 580, that's pretty much confirmed at this point and the 6990 is a dual GPU card so there is no comparison there.

Even if you were going to make that comparison, the single GPU 480 pissed all over the dual GPU 5970 in many tests.

Oh and JFYI, the 6970 (This seems to be hotly contended) and 6990 are both delayed and the 580 is available now (I just got my shipping confirmation).

Nvidia does have a dual card in the pipes IIRC, so that would be a fair comparison. Neither dual GPU card is likely to be available before Q1 2011 so it's a moot point.

Edited by BangTail

Plus OA DOES NOT work well with Dual GPU setups. I had my experiences with Dual GPUs and it was not good.

Plus OA DOES NOT work well with my Dual GPU setups. I had my experiences with Dual GPUs and it was not good.

Corrected :)

Not sure if you mean dual GPU cards or dual GPU setups such as SLI or CF.

*EDIT*

I apologize if you are referring to dual GPU cards because I share your opinion on that.

Edited by BangTail

Corrected :)

Not sure if you mean dual GPU cards or dual GPU setups such as SLI or CF.

*EDIT*

I apologize if you are referring to dual GPU cards because I share your opinion on that.

Yeah I meant Dual GPU cards. I heard ArmA 2 and OA do alright in SLI and not so good in Crossfire, but do overall terrible with dual GPU cards.

my gtx 275 sli setup ran fine

and yes he had a 4870x2 last time i think...

he's probably already said that on the next page.

I can confirm that my GTX295 runs AO with no problems, both gpu's are equaly used. For those who dont know are my gtx295 dual gpu on a single pcb, not like my old 9800GX2 which was 2 pcb,s sandwiched together in 1package.