AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

SM upgrade coming soon featuring new sounds for BAF weapons too.

Sorry, 'final' release?

Not sure there ever will be one, besides all our versions should be backwards compatible, and each new version adds features and new fixes and improvements, not sure why you would want a 'final' release.

Roadmap is here; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/roadmap

Have you actually asked mission makers why they would or wouldn't make ACE missions?

If there are issues, people should report them so we know and can take care about them.

He can ask me. I make missions using ACE2 and I have no problem. Actually ACE2 stuff is a piece of cake to implement. I hope there isn't a "final" version for a long time. I always look forward to the new goodies it adds. I'd be surprised if there were many others that don't feel the same way I do. ACE2 is a mission makers dream and it just keeps getting better.

Ive been playing around with ACE2 in SP and SP missions and i must say its insanely cool.

It was so in Arma 1 and only got bigger better cooler in A2.

I hope you guys never reach a final ACE.

1 thing i know discourage mission makers, this is in regard to MP play.

Is that ACE2 tends to lag up servers, now i only say this because others say so, i dont know as ive never been on an ACE server myself.

Is it true or is it just because of those servers not using ACE2 dont know how to set it up correctly??

Maybe they want to use other mods not related and that clashes with ACE2??

Edit: i use the ACE_SM mod when playing online on non ace servers.

Its FRICKING AWSOME!!, cant wait for another update :yay:

Anyways, cheers to all ACE devs, and happy holidays.

Regards D

1 thing i know discourage mission makers, this is in regard to MP play.

Is that ACE2 tends to lag up servers, now i only say this because others say so, i dont know as ive never been on an ACE server myself.

Is it true or is it just because of those servers not using ACE2 dont know how to set it up correctly??

Well, there are ACE servers that play with up to 100 players PvP (ARMA Tushino for example) and there are also coop servers

that play with 50 players (Shack Tactical for example) each weekend.

I've personally made a few ACE coop events with 50 players, no lags, no chains, everything running smooth.

It's like with vanilla A2/OA, you have to invest some time in setting up your server, optimize the OS and the A2/OA server.

And of course, don't use a low end server.

Xeno

Then of course a bad-mix of mods can always lead to disaster, yet that is not to say there can be no bugs in ACE, yet we tend to apply coding practices that help performance both local and MP.

Those with issues should simply report them incl their rpt's. Pinpointing and solving the issue should not be too hard then, whatever causes it.

I get this in the file. rpt someone else will get this? :eek:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.ACE_RU_Desert'.
Warning Message: No entry '.displayname'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Tested some of default BIS SP missions with ACE2X and got following error output after reverting autosave:

Error in expression <a = _x;

if(!(isNil "_handlerData") && ((typeName (_handlerData)) == "ARRAY")) th>

Error position: <typeName (_handlerData)) == "ARRAY")) th>

Error Generic error in expression

Error in expression <erval 0;

_trail2 setdropinterval 0;

{_x setdropinterval 0} foreach _lemmiters;

{>

Error position: <setdropinterval 0} foreach _lemmiters;

{>

Error Generic error in expression

I get this in the file. rpt someone else will get this? :eek:

Fixed for next release, please next time just create a ticket incl rpt.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16158

Tested some of default BIS SP missions with ACE2X and got following error output after reverting autosave:
Using old save data can be problematic, do you get it also with new save games?

Please next time just create a ticket, with your full rpt.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16159

Edited by Sickboy

I just reinstalled ACE2 and I cannot find any .exes or shortcuts leading to running ACE2 with the beta. I'd make one myself, but I can't seem to figure it out. I selected "Create Shortcut" in SixUpdater but I don't see any on my computer, even after searching.

I just reinstalled ACE2 and I cannot find any .exes or shortcuts leading to running ACE2 with the beta. I'd make one myself, but I can't seem to figure it out. I selected "Create Shortcut" in SixUpdater but I don't see any on my computer, even after searching.

Six Updater creates shortcuts in the game folder by default, unless you select desktop, did you look there?

http://i51.tinypic.com/2a66pzs.png

Otherwise just start through six-updater, or use one of the amazing launchers out there like Spirited Machine's launcher.

Edited by Sickboy

Yeah I checked the desktop, game directory, and I even searched for it on my whole C partition. Within SixUpdater I tried selecting both "Create Shortcut" and "Create Desktop Shortcut". The "desktop shortcut" created a file (not shortcut) titled "Play ArmA2 with c". I have no idea what that is. It asks what program to open that file with.

Some time ago, the MAP Grids were correct so they wont be upside down anymore.

Strangly me and some mates of TF86 have another vertical Grid on Chernarus (only) than others. Is this a known issue, which is easy to fix?

If not i will do a propper Issue Ticket of course.

Thanks

PS: Good work there, just wanting to say again :yay:

Probably a mod combination issue, needs support ticket + rpt :)

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

We're planning one more hotfix, probably today.

Friday will probably be update-less.

Friday will probably be update-less.

Oh my god! The Grinch stole our Xmas update! ;)

All good guys. Enjoy the break!

somebody can explain to me how this module works (AE) Module to default spare tyres in vehicles [Rommel]?

The best option is an example of the map where I can understand how it works.

At http://ace.dev-heaven.net/search/spare I found only this: Replacing tires requires you to transport at least one spare tire in the vehicles cargo. Unpack the tire and use the Interaction Menu on the vehicle (make sure the spare tire is close to you).

I tried it in the editor a variety of options, but the machines there is no spare wheel with which you can do something.

thanks in advance

Drag the tyre close to vehicle and right windows key on the spare tyre and it should say replace tyre it will take about 10secs before it goes onto the vehicle

Drag the tyre close to vehicle and right windows key on the spare tyre and it should say replace tyre it will take about 10secs before it goes onto the vehicle

the problem is. I can not achieve that would have these spare wheels were in cars.

I still am shaky about which Wound System Modules to use and if they need to be used in concert with each other or by themselves. The medic only morphine and epi module is pretty easy for me to figure out but the newer ones kinda confuse me. Do I need to place the original wound system module with the newer ones, say, the full heal in the field module, if I want to have full heal active. Or do I just place the Full heal in the field module by itself?

I've checked the features section in the WAGN and it seems to omit anything about the set up of the new wound modules. Maybe I just missed the info though.

Sorry for the dumb question guys but I couldn't find the exact info. Again, I probably missed it and I apologize if that's the case.

Using old save data can be problematic, do you get it also with new save games?

Yes it happens with new autosaves - just try the first A2 mission get killed (after missions autosave) and use the autosave to play again.

Don't get a cold - drink some mulled wine (aka Glühwein) or/and glögg. :)

@greez: First place the module you mentioned. Available under F7 Modules in the editor.

I still am shaky about which Wound System Modules to use and if they need to be used in concert with each other or by themselves. The medic only morphine and epi module is pretty easy for me to figure out but the newer ones kinda confuse me. Do I need to place the original wound system module with the newer ones, say, the full heal in the field module, if I want to have full heal active. Or do I just place the Full heal in the field module by itself?

I've checked the features section in the WAGN and it seems to omit anything about the set up of the new wound modules. Maybe I just missed the info though.

Sorry for the dumb question guys but I couldn't find the exact info. Again, I probably missed it and I apologize if that's the case.

You always need to enable the wounds system first, before any of the option modules have any effect; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounds_Overhaul#Overrides

Full heal? How not hardcore! :)

Edited by Sickboy

@greez: First place the module you mentioned. Available under F7 Modules in the editor.

You always need to enable the wounds system first, before any of the option modules have any effect; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounds_Overhaul#Overrides

Full heal? How not hardcore! :)

Thanks bud! I know, not hardcore at all. Good thing it was only an example! I don't plan on having it on. Gotta figure out a good system for getting back to base in my SP missions though. I've been struggling with it. ;)

ftxJ3wQgFos

tell me what am I doing wrong? I really do not blunt)

just a feeling that the module I just did not work. and in fact should be! lol

ps. ACE Build 444

Just got a quick question, the mod got rid of the squad voices in OA, how could I fix it? The campaign voices are fine, but the "Move Here" and "Fall back into formation" voices are gone. Thanks.