AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hi, I have the steam version of arrowhead and the retail version of arma 2. I cant figure out how to run ace with combined operations since you need steam for OA. Running combined operations works fine when launced from steam, how could i get it to run ace as well?

Hi, I have the steam version of arrowhead and the retail version of arma 2. I cant figure out how to run ace with combined operations since you need steam for OA. Running combined operations works fine when launced from steam, how could i get it to run ace as well?

Use this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Makes life so much easier.

not entirely sure if this is a bug or not.

was testing my sniper mission with the m107, range was 1150 metres (far but still hittable) followed the range card and dialed the windage in. set myself up and fired --- didnt see anything, no dust or anything, figured id fire again and try and confirm where the bullet landed --- landed about 150 metres short on target. figured i must have miscalculated my altitude difference between the target and me. so i dialed it higher, fired, hit at almost the exact same spot as the last time?

confused, i kept firing rounds and dialing the elevation higher and higher.

in fact i dialed it as much as 85 MOA (the range sighted for a 2km shot!!!!) and the bullet kept falling short at nearly the exact same spot (the dust was there, i checked)

this has nothing to do with wind, unless a wind speed of 3m/s is somehow able to stop a bullet that much (even when sighted 750 metres beyond what its aiming at.

so, im not sure if its my fault for being a crappy shot, or possibly the ballistics/sight adjustment is bugged?

edit**

tested this some more and it seems that the sights adjustment maxes out somewhere around 800 - 900 metres, any values after will have no effect and the bullet will continue its same trajectory (at 800 -900 m). -- (tested it again and suddenly it worked - exact same spot and location too)

also, bullets sometimes will "vanish" if you will, leaving no sign of dust, or even have any effect on the ai. i tried this by firing 1300m away at a squad, firing at the ground around the squad so that it will force them to react. after enough tests i can conclude that sometimes when firing a sniper rifle (not just m107, tested tac 50, m109, ksvk) that the shot that had left dust and stirred the ai, when repeating that shot, no dust would be made, and the ai would NOT react to the fire.

not sure whats causing it to behave like this, maybe the bipod deploy?

will test some more

ok tested some more, and now im even more confused....

when i deploy the bipod and go to take a shot, bullet dust and sometimes the vanish (where ai doesnt react to it) happens very frequently. But when firing normally, the dust almost always kicks up, ai does react to the fire all the time, and even my accuracy of hitting a target increases 10 fold compared to using the bipod.

i cant make any sense of it..... but apparently the bipod is worse for shooting then not using it.

Edited by Igneous01

Nice job on the RPO. Don't forget to add it to RU Launchers, and would an incendiary version be possible?

And you might want to check that the PGO-7 is still accurate at short ranges.

Another quick question: How can I make someone un-blackout? As in, when round is over I want all players healed to full and standing up functioning so they can pick weapons for the next round, but if someone is blacked out from backblast or other effects setting damage to 0 is not enough, he will still be stuck laying on the ground.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15676

I have a problem with NVG, even at 100% sensitivity it's still very dark compared to the game default one, any idea ?

thanks

I have a problem with NVG, even at 100% sensitivity it's still very dark compared to the game default one, any idea ?

thanks

No idea, but a workaround: you can "cheat" around that by pressing the NVG key twice (turn off then back on) and they will be much brighter, at least until you alter sensitivity again.

to download this mod do you still have to go through the nighmare process of going through that stupid updater?

has it been made easier to set up or is it still a joke compared to just releasing an EXE

Yeah and updating that EXE every time ACE updates would be better? If you dont like it use stable versions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12155

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12158

or just use this method instead:

1. http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation

2. Advanced

3. Read GUI less method

Have to say that I really love the new medical system! Good work!

to download this mod do you still have to go through the nighmare process of going through that stupid updater?

has it been made easier to set up or is it still a joke compared to just releasing an EXE

How about you check? The answer is yes.

I'm confused as to exactly how to install this.

I have the Steam editions of ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead (bought seperately, not in a Combined Operations pack).

I installed CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM and ACEX_RU into the ArmA II directory in Steam, put them in the launch parameters in that order (-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU).

The mods show up in the "expansions" section of the main menu when I play Operation Arrowhead, but I don't notice any changes in-game.

Do I have to put the files in the Operation Arrowhead directory as well?

The installation instructions were pretty vague.

EDIT: Ignore, figured out the issue now, was caused by the 1.56 patcher not being run properly.

Edited by Simon C

I've been away from the game for a few months, but after updating ACE yesterday, I'm getting an error message upon startup, saying:

I'm assuming this is just so that it can overwrite PMC stuff, and that I don't actually need to spend money on buying any DLC?

Install patch 1.56 to solve the error.

Keep in mind that your "it's very dark" situation might be a result of weather conditions.

Speaking of NVGs, is there a reason why ACE doesn't do something more realistic with them? IRL NVGs have limited quality, which results in a limited maximum effective range (usually between 100m-800m for modern NVGs/NV sights depending on NVG/sight type and weather/lighting conditions). Is there a strict engine limitation preventing this from being done more realistically?

Every time I search that sight I find myself spending an hour reading stuff that may be somewhat related, but not really, and then later found out that I actually missed the truly related stuff :(

In any case, some of the things I mentioned there weren't in the older tickets.