AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

ACE thread with less than 100 pages ... must be release time of next stable :D

thx guys, and thx for that very reliable six-updater, this devil runs like a knife thru irish butter :cool:

Glad to see great progress on an already great mod.

Would anyone mind recommending some good public servers to play the latest dev version on?

Also, is SixUpdater still the preferred method of installing ace?

Would anyone mind recommending some good public servers to play the latest dev version on?

There is no "latest dev" version currently ;)

And if there are no game breaking bugs the next dev version will be available Nov, 19 (yes, almost two weeks).

Everything else regarding 1.6 stable you'll find in the opening post :)

Xeno

Does the YakB gun on the Hind get short shrift in OA the same way it does in Arma 2?

The thing has as high a RoF as the M134 and fires 12.7mm, yet A2 and ACE (with its high RoF weapon addons) treat it like any old machinegun.

There is no "latest dev" version currently ;)

And if there are no game breaking bugs the next dev version will be available Nov, 19 (yes, almost two weeks).

Everything else regarding 1.6 stable you'll find in the opening post :)

Xeno

Gotcha. Would you still mind recommending me some good public servers to play ACE on?

Edited by zuff

Seems that is not possible to mount on the top of ACE's BTR-70. Am I right? Just ask the question because it is possible with RHS's BTR-70.

Thanks

Seems that is not possible to mount on the top of ACE's BTR-70. Am I right? Just ask the question because it is possible with RHS's BTR-70.

Thanks

You can do that with RHS' BTR because it requires mods that add that function, right?

Is it possible for me to make it so that army units are still equipped with the default MK's?

I get this error ingame when trying to preview with british 3 rifles MTP in the editor:

Script userconfig/ACE/settings.ace not found

Edited by ray243

Kellys ACE2-OA YAS Repo Updated to b425 ACE2 1.6

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Combined Ops & OA-Only. ACE 1.6

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

ArmA2-Only. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

hi guys,with the new stable 1.6 my game crash if i try to use the new csw mortars and they artillery computer....it's only me,am i doing something wrong? how can i fix those crashes?

You can do that with RHS' BTR because it requires mods that add that function, right?

yes the mod is RHS CargoSystem. However this mod seems not to recognize ACE's BTR-70.

hi guys,with the new stable 1.6 my game crash if i try to use the new csw mortars and they artillery computer....it's only me,am i doing something wrong? how can i fix those crashes?

Use an OA beta patch or wait for the upcoming full patch; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14907

@Luckyhendrix burn some belgian guy = burn papanowel (friend)

lol , alright then if it's a friendly murder it's cool. ;) I was just worried you'd start a killing frenzy aimed towards belgian :D

nooby question...

when i start up Operation Arrowhead with latest version of ACE i get the following message...

script userconfig\ACE\settings.ace not found

i don't seem to have that file

i only have

ace_Clientside_config.hpp

ace_keys.hpp

ace_serverconfig.hpp

ace_tracking.hpp

anyone know where i can get the file ?

Remove all the listed files and unpack @ACE\store\userconfig.tar for a clean start.

Use ingame ACE Settings Dialog and the External ACE Clippi Tool for changing and storing settings. (ACE Clippi is available inside the @ACE folder)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Edited by Sickboy

lol , alright then if it's a friendly murder it's cool. ;) I was just worried you'd start a killing frenzy aimed towards belgian :D

I'd feel... targeted?

New (or old?) Bug found:

After deploying an M3 tripod and then mounting the gun on it and then removing the gun, the tripod is unusable. You can't undeploy it. Unless I'm doing something wrong but the action menu comes up as "M3 Tripod > No Options" and now it's just stuck there.

edit: Also the game crashed when using the artillery computer on the mortar.

Edited by zuff

Ok... so I am new to dedicated servers.

As per installing ACE on a dedi server it seems there are two ways to go;

1) Install ace 1.6 on my home pc, configure it, and upload all the folders/files ace related to my server... then initialize it using a new command line.

2) profit?

is there any other way to install on a server?

and what happens if clients are using sixth updater, will they be constantly out of version with our server?

(the reason I ask)...

last night for giggles, I did as above... and already I am out of sync with the server, by .001 versions or some such odd number

:(

After deploying an M3 tripod and then mounting the gun on it and then removing the gun, the tripod is unusable. You can't undeploy it. Unless I'm doing something wrong but the action menu comes up as "M3 Tripod > No Options" and now it's just stuck there.

Please create a ticket...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

edit: Also the game crashed when using the artillery computer on the mortar.

OA bug, fixed in one of the beta patches, like mentioned one or two pages before:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1785603&postcount=39

As per installing ACE on a dedi server it seems there are two ways to go;

You have to install ACE like any other (non clientside only) mod on the server too.

See here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Running_an_ACE_Server

last night for giggles, I did as above... and already I am out of sync with the server, by .001 versions or some such odd number

1.6 was released a few days ago and there were no updates since then.

And we don't use .xxx version numbers :)

Xeno

1.6 was released a few days ago and there were no updates since then.

And we don't use .xxx version numbers :)

Xeno

strange... it is defcon servers, maybe the patch they had put on the sever was before 1.6 then

I'll have to investigate.

And I know, i was just giving an example... the number was off by 1, I think 1.644 instead of 1.645 ?

maybe