Sign in to follow this  
Kiowa

'legal' counterfeit ofp !

I'm a chinese OFP player,some months ago "Matrix interactive"(maybe)took ofp to china but it is really a counterfeit one.(FADE activated,NO cd protection,CAN't use uncracked upgrade).You don't want to see this,no?(BTW:It is really 'LEGAL':nobody stops it at all)

lol avonlady

if i read this topic right another company is producing opflash??? if so then surely bis or codemasters would have to know about this?

i didn't think the chinese government would allow a game portraying the U.S. as good guys and Russia as bad guys, maybe it comes with red hammer biggrin.gif

but that does sound like you read it right...they might know about it but i doubt they can do anything about it.

Why should the Chinese government not like to see U.S. as the good guys? After all, we granted them MFN trade status. Russia and China aren't to friendy as of late. Hmmm.....another software company openly counterfieting OFP, sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

the 1985 russia was. it's no secret they don't adore us but they make too much off of trade with us to say it openly, same with the U.S. government. it just seems odd to me a respressive government like that one would allow games in where you mercilessly slaughter communist troops when they kill people for being a certain religion.

China?

do yo mean mainland China? Taiwan? Hong Kong?

I for sure know that there are OFP in chinese. someone posted pictures of Chinese on the box of OFP in November. I asked some chinese friends of mine, and they said the box read, 'The best selling counter-terrorism game since 9-11'

but yes, mainland china is home of counterfeits.

My suggestion to KIOWA is that he email CM to find out if there are any legitimate distributors for OFP in the region.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 06 2002,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why should the Chinese government not like to see U.S. as the good guys? After all, we granted them MFN trade status. Russia and China aren't to friendy as of late. Hmmm.....another software company openly counterfieting OFP, sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.<span id='postcolor'>

Nice try, but it is not going to happen. I suppose this is due to the fact that they got different copyright laws (near to none) and many of the small factories live from those fakes. I wouldnt cut the bridge I am standing on!

Foreign software, films, books, etc and many other easily copiable products are not worth marketing in mainland China. Due to the lack of meaningfull copyright laws and the fact that those that do exist aren't enforced, means millions if not billions in losses to foreign industries to China. Of course do you really think the Chinese government would care if foreign industries where being hurt.

One of the biggest if not the biggest difficulties facing U.S. technology industry is industrial espionage by Chinese industries. I forgot the number but it was somewhere in the billion dollar region in losses due to Chinese theft of finished R&D products by U.S. companies. Which the Chinese then produce at prices that U.S. companies can't compete with because they must pay off their reasearch and development. Which these Chinese companies do not have to do because they stole the product and research.

someone needs to dig up that video of the chinese government shredding all those pirated cds smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 06 2002,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">someone needs to dig up that video of the chinese government shredding all those pirated cds  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, that was a fake too?

have you ever tried to find an authentic aftershave e.g. from Channel in South-East Asia? They all look like the original but they smell like simple coconut-butter! I dont know why they are so horny for brands over there, but quality is equal to zero!

probably. i found it funny when they released that, especially now, when they don't seem to care because the western media's not watching.