Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk

Looking good Nou, I wish I could test this... O WAIT I CAN :D.

Nothing terribly exciting to report, we've all been busy last couple of weeks but some work is being done and actually I dont think we are that far from release. The rest is just small details. For example today, the damage materials and hide animations have been finished.

9l9usDsPjXE

At the risk of double posting here's another update:

commander turn out animation done.

commanderout.jpg

Realy beautiful.

I assume that the commander has no remote system to control machinegun. So may i ask if a commander can control M2 only when is turned out of turret?

Realy beautiful.

I assume that the commander has no remote system to control machinegun. So may i ask if a commander can control M2 only when is turned out of turret?

The MG is just a prop. I made the coupola non-traversing because i was thinking to leave the M2 completely out. So it will stay non functioning for now at least. Makes the M109A6 a little helpless in direct combat :P.

the artillery strike videos are sweeeet.. canea waaait!

The MG is just a prop. I made the coupola non-traversing because i was thinking to leave the M2 completely out.

Woah, woah, woah - let's just calm the funk down here. You can't possibly have the M2 as a mere prop! Srsly.

On a more serious note, srsly - if it can be used, it should be used. I mean, wut about all those "behind enemy lines and all I've got is this lousy M109A6 coloured pink without any canister rounds" missions?

Last nights MP test proved to be extremely enjoyable. The addon will definitely be very teamwork based. A three person artillery team (FAO, commander, gunner) are able to do alot of damage. EDIT: 2,666th post th_gifsmileysuper.gif

Nou sent me this picture today:

locktz.jpg

Guess which new feature we've implemented :)

lock and unlock the maingun?

i gues it's random nicknames on the gun barrel :)

hmm that would be possible but almost every modell had "big brother" on the barrell, so this wouldnt be something random

proof number 1 number 2 and number 3

Edited by PurePassion

lock and unlock the maingun?

yep :)

i gues it's random nicknames on the gun barrel :)

no sorry man. Making a system like RHS's is a bit too much for one vehicle :) and nothing short of the rhs system would ever do for me :)

Shouldn't be that hard, use something like hiddenSelections or something like that. Some of the Takistani militiamen show up with random textures for each unit, I wonder if a similar concept can be applied here.

Shouldn't be that hard, use something like hiddenSelections or something like that. Some of the Takistani militiamen show up with random textures for each unit, I wonder if a similar concept can be applied here.

I know how to do it having pioneered the techniques back in 2003 :) all im saying is that if you want to do it right you should do it like rhs_decals. A full system thats MP compatible, highly customizable, versatile. But making such a system only for M109A6 is useless, maybe if a US mod would make a system like that (ehem ehem Combat! Rudy I hope you reading this :)) I would gladly make the m109a6 compatible. Writing a simple randomization script just doesnt do it for me :p

Nou, are the influenced by the weather? Anyway it looks nice! :)

As much as ArmA2 Parachutes are effected.

To explain it: There is no real wind in the game which would affect how the projectiles move in the air. You can give them some values but thats sadly it.

(Correct me if i'm wrong ;) )