Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk

what the next step after sound please ?

finishing the scripts/FX + test + release :)

finishing the scripts/FX + test + release :)

Plenty still to do on the model: lods, damage, thermals etc.

2 Minutes after midnight Christmas Day and I can say I just successfully completed the first automatic laid fire mission in this beauty!

:yay:

:shine:

Merry X-Mas! :D

2 Minutes after midnight Christmas Day and I can say I just successfully completed the first automatic laid fire mission in this beauty!

:yay:

:shine:

Merry X-Mas! :D

You oughta do us a video you lucky son of a... :D

Map click arty mission i believe ..

Nope, in real life the M109A6 can compute a fire mission from any point in its designated grid area and the hydraulic system can automatically lay the gun for deflection and elevation with a push of a button. It compensates for uneven terrain as well, allowing the gun to be on the move, receive a fire mission, stop and within a minute or so be sending rounds down range before it returns to travel mode and is back on its way.

Whoa that is some really complex artillery then, the wonders of technology..

Nope, in real life the M109A6 can compute a fire mission from any point in its designated grid area and the hydraulic system can automatically lay the gun for deflection and elevation with a push of a button. It compensates for uneven terrain as well, allowing the gun to be on the move, receive a fire mission, stop and within a minute or so be sending rounds down range before it returns to travel mode and is back on its way.

sounds really complex yep...

how does that translate into the game world , is it lines of code or does something happen to the model...what do you see ?

got to agree with Kristian a video would be cool , its rare i pimp for news on addons but whos going to blame me for being eager to see anything r.e this beast .:cool:

Well for one the gunner won't control the turret in the usual sence of mouse point and click :)

sounds really complex yep...

how does that translate into the game world , is it lines of code or does something happen to the model...what do you see ?

got to agree with Kristian a video would be cool , its rare i pimp for news on addons but whos going to blame me for being eager to see anything r.e this beast .:cool:

It uses scripted animations to accurately raise the gun to elevation and traverse it to the needed deflection.

Actually it traverses first, then elevates, then re-traverses, then re-elevates (actually it does this 5 times to make sure that its on the correct lay).

The gun can traverse 11 degrees per second and elevate 7 degrees per second.

Wonderful!!!!

That's a serious piece of technology that you have

Very nice!!!!

Nope, in real life the M109A6 can compute a fire mission from any point in its designated grid area and the hydraulic system can automatically lay the gun for deflection and elevation with a push of a button.

So it sounds like the BIS Arty computer would be ideal. :p

So it sounds like the BIS Arty computer would be ideal. :p

Don't worry, you have to manually load each round still as a player... :p

But yea, the M109 is quite the responsive weapons system. It can only carry 39 rounds though.

Standard load seems to be:

M483A1 (DPICM) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20

M107 (HE) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10

M825 (SMOKE) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 03

M549A1 (RAP) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 02

M485 (ILLUM) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 02

M712 (CPH) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 02

I am not sure if I plan to do DPICM, RAP, or CPH (Copperhead) initially, so those will all be switched over to HE, since that seems to be the most commonly used round.

waiting patiently for nostalgic dreams of pull string go boom days:yay:

Sleep;1821027']waiting patiently for nostalgic dreams of pull string go boom days:yay:

Hahah I was thinking about making the gunners interface have a lanyard that you can pull across the screen... :cool:

Who knows though... :p

Hahah I was thinking about making the gunners interface have a lanyard that you can pull across the screen... :cool:

Who knows though... :p

If you could make it make it so when youre inside the vehicle as the gun chief / gunner / loader, you can see the massive recoil that happens when firing inside the ride... That would be astounding.

Are there pics of the inside also?

IIRC, there's no interior modelled cause of the rather bad Amount of Work needed vs Benefit for Gameplay factor.

Hey SA

really looking forward to your addon!

Maybe you can tease us desperate players with some more WIP stuff or information? ;)

but keep it up and dont rush!

Haste makes waste

heh, well nothing really to show new screens for as work goes on (rather creeps on) on all internal goodies, with Nou cooking up a rather impressive FCS. Rob C, has made an excellent collection of sounds already and Im busy with small things like lods and effects. At some point Opticalsnare will come aboard to do some monster particle effects as well. Thats pretty much all to report.