Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk

After seeing how godly you made the m109 look... I'm so wishing you'd do some US trucks to replace the MTVR in Arrowhead :rolleyes:

After seeing how godly you made the m109 look... I'm so wishing you'd do some US trucks to replace the MTVR in Arrowhead :rolleyes:

I'm wishing for anything that comes from Soul_Assassin or the rest of the Red Hammer guys. :D

Really I'd say BIS should hire you but then I'd have to pay for your stuff. :rolleyes: :p

Very good job with the Paladin.:yay: Can you please make in woodland camo to later if you have the time:D

Very good job with the Paladin.:yay: Can you please make in woodland camo to later if you have the time:D

Just so Soul doesn't have to repeat himself, I'll repeat him.

Thats the plan. As I said I want to integrate it into the game seamlessly. It wouldn't be seamless if you had to drive a desert Paladin on Chernarus :)

Abs

A little update (no pictures this time sorry):

- retextured the wheels

- added hidef and lowdef shadows

- added icon and picture

- added gunner and driver sights

Also drumroll, presenting the talented bunch that agreed to give me a hand with finalizing the project:

Topas - texture guru known for many creations ranging from WWII to RHS and Polish Vehicle retextures. He kindly offered to do the woodland version of the M109A6.

NouberNou - this scripting wiz is known for many innovative addons and his outstanding work with ACE and ACRE has agreed to complete the FCS for the addon.

OpticalSnare - the man behind WarFX and the upcoming Blastcore. There is simply noone who knows FX like this guy, so he agreed to spice things up with some massive particle effects.

Edited by Soul_Assassin

Thought I'd post some more pics:

a beauty shot:

m1094.jpg

This is how 'real' 3D artists post models. You have to be very brave to post up clays. Well done my modelling brother.

:)

Nothing new, but she is lovely SA. Good job chap, model, texture and materials!

Looking forward to see what those other wonderboys make out of it...

*Where is the Model of the Year poll? ;)

Any triscount numbers for those who are interested? Same for detailed shadowlod.

Not that i really care, but always good to know.

(goes back continue on 20k tris M240H :d ).

its about 20k~21k tris, with two proxies (one on hull one on the turret for animation reasons), the shadow lod is about 5000 points.

Btw do you happen to have an M2 lying around anywhere? Or know anyone who does?

its about 20k~21k tris, with two proxies (one on hull one on the turret for animation reasons), the shadow lod is about 5000 points.

not bad, but i would suggest shadow LOD twice lower

for playing large missions (battles) on usual PC, such heavy models are not light (i remember first Arma1 Sigma cars pack when i had 5 FPS putting some 10 cars on map)

i hope second , third LODs will go with polycount twice down

good look on screen and easy play in battle (with 200 other units , playing in high-command, or playing as tactical learning on usual PC for 500-700 Euro) are two goals

I think I had some stirring down below. The closeups are great as they show off the texture detail as well..I envy your texturing skill.

Thnx for the great shots ballistic and Topas, oh an Jarek, hope u liked ur bday present :)

Bloody amazing. Great work, gents.

Abs

hope u liked ur bday present :)

You're kidding? I love it! Oh, and can't already wait to see what I'll get for Christmas! :D

Edited by topas

You're kidding? I love it! Oh, and can't already wait to see what I'll get for Christmas! :D

Perhaps PSD's :)

Wow, those pics are beautiful Topas !

I already said it many times but outstanding work SA, can't wait to put my hands on your baby.

Oh yeh, one more person has joind us and he will be in charge of the sounds. rexehuk who previously made a sound update to RKSL's Typhoons.

*waves*

Thanks to Soul for having me on the team. You'll be pleased to known she already growls... and all sounds are unique to this addon (bar some generic track stuff).

To win the crowd, hopefully Soul wont mind me posting these.

paladin2rob.jpg

paladin1rob.jpg

Merry Christmas all.

Edited by rexehuk

Merry Chirstmas Soul and modders!

The lighting effects make M109A6 looks even better