Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

First time installing mods, cannot "see" mods in "expansions" in Combined Ops.

Also I have ARMA 2 and OA on STEAM. And yes, I did follow the Armaholic FAQ on how to install these things. I'm trying to get the Fallujah City Add-on to work - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315&highlight=FALLUJAH

and the required fallujah city objects add-on - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12316.

I extracted the add-ons folder to @fallujah and @falljuahobjects in STEAM/apps/common/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Launched OA combined ops and, went to the Expansions menu and all I see are the usual expansions (BAF, ARMA 2, OA, arma 2). Transfered the files to ARMA 2, launched CO, same thing. Transfered them to the Arma 2 folder in MY DOCUMENTS, launched CO and still nothing. Finally I transferred the folders to MY DOCUMENTS/Arma 2 Other Profiles/TJX, still nothing. I'm aware of having to make custom shortcuts for each mod, but I saw in the embedded youtube video in the Armaholic FAQ that you're supposed to be able to activate mods in-game in Expansions.

No, don't do that. Never put any non-official addons into your (default) Addons folder!

Instead, just make sure there's a folder named "addons" inside your @fallujah folder, and that all the .pbo files are in there. It should work after that :)

(also make sure you're not starting the game with a -mod= parameter, since that disables the use of the Expansions function)

Regards,

Wolfrug

No, don't do that. Never put any non-official addons into your (default) Addons folder!

Instead, just make sure there's a folder named "addons" inside your @fallujah folder, and that all the .pbo files are in there. It should work after that :)

(also make sure you're not starting the game with a -mod= parameter, since that disables the use of the Expansions function)

Regards,

Wolfrug

That's exactly what i did. And I always let STEAM launch Combined Ops. I don't see any add-ons in Expansions other than Arma 2, OA, and BAF.

I extracted the add-ons folder to @fallujah and @falljuahobjects in STEAM/apps/common/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

double check you haven't got @fallujah/addons/@fallujah/addons

and DO use the -mod= param its quicker than opening your game and restarting it with mods ticked

double check you haven't got @fallujah/addons/@fallujah/addons

and DO use the -mod= param its quicker than opening your game and restarting it with mods ticked

Not really sure how to do that with CO since steam does not provide a proper shortcut for it. Do I have to modify the .cmd that launches CO and make a shortcut for that? Or is the modified .cmd file the shortcut itself?

Put your @Fallujah folder in the main Operation Arrowhead folder.

Open steam, go to library and choose games tab, you should then have a list of your games.

Right click operation arrowhead and choose properties.

Under the general tab you should have a button that says "set launch options", open this then add -mod=@Fallujah

When you run OA/CO it should be in there.

Put your @Fallujah folder in the main Operation Arrowhead folder.

Open steam, go to library and choose games tab, you should then have a list of your games.

Right click operation arrowhead and choose properties.

Under the general tab you should have a button that says "set launch options", open this then add -mod=@Fallujah

When you run OA/CO it should be in there.

What about the Fallujah objects file? Do I have to add "@Fallujah" and "@Falljuahobjects"? So I take it that activating mods/add-ons in the CO Expansions menu don't work at all in STEAM? If for any reason I need to "turn off" the mod, I have to erase "-mod=@Fallujah"?

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Yeah, I see the add-ons in OA but Not In Combined Ops. I can activate them with or without adding the "-mod" line in the OA Expansion menu but not at all in Combined Ops. This truely, truely sucks, and even then I think these add-ons were made for ARMA 2 vanilla, so when I try to load the map in the editor in OA my game crashes.

Anyways, I just want to be able to run any ARMA 2 mods in Combined Operations. Sigh... knew it was too good to sound that this would be as easy as pasting folders.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Is there no one else with steam and combined ops and whose tried out add-ons??

Edited by BF2_Trooper

The @fallujah folder should have another folder inside called Addons.

Stick both fallujah.PBO and fallujahobjects.PBO in the @fallujah/Addon folder. (if the @fallujah folder does'nt have an Addons folder inside, create one.)

The @fallujah folder should then be put in the main OA folder (local disk C:/steam/steamapps/common/arma2 operation arrowhead.) alongside userconfig, mission, mpmissions, BAF, common, keys, etc.

And not inside any other folder

It should look something like this.

@fallujah

BAF

BEsetup

Common

Directx

DLCsetup

Expansion

Keys

Missions

MPmissions

Userconfig

Then follow my steps posted before and it should run. I run multiple mods this way, including islands such as fallujah.

When you don't want to run it, then the -mod=@fallujah modline will need removing from the set launch options in steam.

I need a little more help on this issue.

I have a folder called @1 and it contains mods like @2 and @3 in it. In the @2 and @3 folders it then has the addons folder and then the .pbos in them.

I need this @1 folder to run in Steam, which I can set the target to do, but it won't load the sub folders.

Can I get some advice?

I don't want to use Arma Launcher 2.

The folder structure should be like this:

@mymod folder

-- addons folder

---- pbo files

I've never used a steam version of arma, so I can't help ya there, sorry.

Edited by Hund

The folder structure should be like this:

@mymod folder

-- addons folder

---- pbo files

I've never used a steam version of arma, so I can't help ya there, sorry.

It works the same way.

I need a little more help on this issue.

I have a folder called @1 and it contains mods like @2 and @3 in it. In the @2 and @3 folders it then has the addons folder and then the .pbos in them.

I need this @1 folder to run in Steam, which I can set the target to do, but it won't load the sub folders.

Can I get some advice?

I don't want to use Arma Launcher 2.

refer to my Install Mod tutorial:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1908141&postcount=2

for your situation go to where it says what is a mod folder?