Sign in to follow this  
joe1989

Server bugs

Anyone else noticed that some missions just wont run correctly,

and some of the stock missions wont allow you into the team leader slot?

Im having this issue and i cant figure it out and why it wont allow the server to play some of these missions.

Any ideas?

Yes I notice this on a couple dont recall which ones though,

some missions work perfect when you host your own server, but get it on a game server and the mission gets querky on you,

I really hate it, but thats why theres an RPT to give you an idea of what is going on.

Most missions I delt with in relation to the server were dumb issues concerning addon depencies, I dont know how many

times I caught myself building a mission go to load it on the server and the server rpt tells me the mission is dependant on

downloadable content :j: sigh, stupid me I edited the mission with mods again.

Lesson learned, but also the server can be missing things the mission needs, and of course you got script errors, but some things

and really only things are mission related issues, and or compatibilities, for me anyways.

If the bugs you speak of might be patch related if your dealing with CO and OA, as for Arma2 most of the things

I delt with are trivial compared to anything serious.

Also it's worth thinking about the server itself if it's hosted by a third party. We've just had server issues because the lazy idiot who set it up at the hosting company didn't use the right versions of the files so we effectively had arma2 1.05 and OA 1.54...