Sign in to follow this  
hotzenplotz

URR Islands: Kolgujev 2010 v1.1, Nogova 2010 v2, Everon 2010 v3

Oh thanks Hotzenplotz ;)

Any another changeloggy for v4.0 ? :)

Hi Miller , no only the Sat is new. I think that looks better and gives more Ofp feeling.

The Stone Tex on the Mountain is like Malden.

Have fun with that and sorry for my short statement. ;-)

Greez Hotze

Malden 2.0 looks great. Boy, did it bring back a ton of memories from OFP days! Looks a lot nicer with the improved graphics.

Found a misplaced structure at Dourdan, at the Petrol Station located there. The concrete support post closest to the store is set too high, and it floats above the terrain, while the store portion of it is set too low. One almost needs to duck to get in the doorway.

My only concern with it at this point is that after I installed it along with all of its required addons, dmos' superb mission Deep Sandbox (version 3) kept crashing to desktop. I can't say for certain whether or not it's due to Malden and all of its addons, or due to a bug in ver. 3 of the mission. I've been too busy to try dmos' latest version of Deep Sandbox (v. 5.0), but I thought that I'd bring it up here in case anyone else suddenly started having CTD issues after this new island was installed.

I dearly hope that it's not the island nor its addons, as it's a beauty.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this thing for us!

Edited by Kyle_K_ski

Malden 2.0 looks great. Boy, did it bring back a ton of memories from OFP days! Looks a lot nicer with the improved graphics.

Found a misplaced structure at Dourdan, at the Petrol Station located there. The concrete support post closest to the store is set too high, and it floats above the terrain, while the store portion of it is set too low. One almost needs to duck to get in the doorway.

My only concern with it at this point is that after I installed it along with all of its required addons, dmos' superb mission Deep Sandbox (version 3) kept crashing to desktop. I can't say for certain whether or not it's due to Malden and all of its addons, or due to a bug in ver. 3 of the mission. I've been too busy to try dmos' latest version of Deep Sandbox (v. 5.0), but I thought that I'd bring it up here in case anyone else suddenly started having CTD issues after this new island was installed.

I dearly hope that it's not the island nor its addons, as it's a beauty.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this thing for us!

Check your Arma2OA.rpt file - I suspect you might be getting an out of memory error. If so, this is a problem with the latest version of Arma2OA which they are trying to patch in the latest Beta's. It's more likely to happen with large missions that you have played for a while and perhaps startted, suspended, started again etc. Deep Sandbox spawns a lot of units and waypoints using UPS (Urban Patrol Script) and I think that this is what is causing Arma to eventually blow.

Hello,

You make beautiful map, but I found a little problem on your last island of Everon v4.0.

The coordinates are in the picture.

See you soon!;)

Everon.jpg

Everon looks great! :)

Only 2 things bug me a little (Everon & Malden):

1. Everon birch(?) trees are very very bright in the lower LOD's (super light green). When you get closer they change to a much darker and more fitting color. This is a common "thing" with many objects in ARMA and i guess this is a big project to fix. Even if it's not up to you to fix it i just mention it. It's the only thing messing with perfection imo. And its not the whole world if un-fixable. Island is beautiful.

2. Malden's street lights are very dim at night. Just tested standing in a village at night (pitch black), and the street lights could need a boost in strength. Is this possible?

Massive thanks for your efforts Hotzenplotz! Really great feeling being on these islands. Somehow they bring back the proper sim feeling. :)

Awesome addons, now the Maldens Islands are complete :) The Nogovan Armed Forces can defend them from threats against the Nogovan Republic!

Thank you for your answers and wishes, ok on Malden I'm going to use the standart lighting for the Citis like Chernarus. Malden wait a little then comes the final version, I have a little something changed. e.g. a beautifully landscaped lake, here and there a few little things. Thank you for the note Spartacus 20, i have fixed. Coming soon the final version of Everon. Sorry for my english.

Greez Hotze

Malden 2010 v.4 is Ready with all Server keys.

Hey, I am sorry for the missing serverkeys in last release of Malden.

I have asked for permission from

-Beton

-Marseille

-Wolle

-Berghoff

-GLT Myke

to put all needed addons

in one download. I guess this will make things much easier for all.

At least you need to download only one folder.

Changes in new version:

-added a lake

-fixed streetlamps

-fixed some smaller issues

Credits:

- Roehre (Miscellaneous Works)

- AngryInsect Team

- Mondkalb, BIS, CWR2

- Wolle

- Berghoff

- Marseille77

- Bohemia Interactive (thanks for the Great Game)

- Beton

- [GLT] Myke (Modells are from BIS)

! -> Special Thanks to: Kju, the_f and Commader1985 and everyone in the Island Maker Channel on Skype <- !

and all who support me with testing, feedbacks, food and drinks... ;)

Download: http://armaisland.info/downloads/Malden_2010_v4.7z

pictures are here: http://armaisland.info/?page_id=34

Greez Hotze

Hi,

Can you get sickboy to add your Islands to Six Updater? That way all the dependencies will be linked automatically and they will all get downloaded when necessary.

Cheers

h,i if my islands are popular and often used on the server they would set the islands up in the sixth updater.

And now here is the Final version of Everon: http://armaisland.info/downloads/Everon_2010_final.7z

next work is Nogova 2010 with a new Mask.

would like to know who made the island of Tasmania. Because someone knows more?

Greez Hotze

I think it's a very bad idea to use addons glt_signs, cwr2_signs, brg_africa from other islands for malden, because they could be updated by original authors and it could break one of the island if you use both.

Why? if there are major changes,i make a simply update. It will happen with security not as often. I find it easier and so better accepted.

Greez Hotze

Many thx to Miller, Old Bear and Foxhound to mirror ;-)

Edited by Hotzenplotz

I downloaded Everon 2010 final and I am having a major problem.

AI can't taxi or take off correctly at the airport. I posting a picture here so you can see what I mean.

No matter where I put jets, they all taxi to the middle of the runway. Once they get to the middle they drive straight to the end of the runway, criss crossing the grass. They don't drive from one side or the other.

It seems that the AI think that the runway starts at the middle of the taxi way.

Here's the picture:

The yellow from X to Y is the AI runway (so to speak) They start at X and somewhere around Y they take off. They don't even use the runway for more than about 4 seconds.

The Red, is the path they go from the different places. You can't see the begining of the runway, but the bottom red line starts from their. No matter where they are they always drive straight to X

everon1.jpg

Thanks, this final version is really nice. When I have settings all the way up it really is a beautiful map.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look at the times if I can fix it ,I hope

Greez Hotze

The textures especially for the trees are fanatastic. Great job!