Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

maps under construction:

I'm working on Balkania (16x16km terrain 1:2 ratio to RL) and a smaller map based on RL data of a region in United States.

What region?

This looks fantastic! Tremendous attention to detail!... lots of little pointless stuff lying around "accidentally" - really makes the whole map look a lot less "planned" and a lot more "real".... Really well done guys!!!

B

Indeed, very impressive terrain, well done.

One of the first maps I´ve seen where it really does look like people could be living and working there.

You can even tell how long the thrashmen have been on strike, the nerve of some people throwing away perfectly usable freightplanes.

This does indeed look very good, but I wonder if the AI's pathplanning will be able to cope with the amount of objects in the built up areas.

Edit:

I explained it here.

Edited by Mondkalb
Added link.

This does indeed look very good, but I wonder if the AI's pathplanning will be able to cope with the amount of objects in the built up areas.

Edit:

I explained it here.

If it is only for PR, there won't be any AI.

Anyway, it looks fantastic.

Only for PR? Well... that's a map maker's decision and a pity in my opinion then.

Only for PR? Well... that's a map maker's decision and a pity in my opinion then.

I might be wrong. I don't know if it's exclusively for PR, only that it's made for PR.

Robster told me some time ago, the problem of AI in some areas where there are many many rocks on the roadsides ( like the picture of Mondkalb).

anyway, there is not a map designed for the IA.

My idea is to publish the map when is finished, but the problem will be custom objects, path, names, etc ... but we'll see ...

An AI focused map impose several constraints for many of the features built in FATA, which is a map specially designed for Project Reality, meant to be played at 3000m view distance max...

- fully enclosed perimeters,

- massive display of blocking enviroment objects (rocks, big sunken shrubs),

- different sort of bridges and pedestrian access,

- compounds turned into mazes,

- a serpent like asphalt road,

- cave system and underground stuff,

- wavy dirt roads,

- narrow paths,

- etc...

Basically, a map ready for teamwork PVP gameplay...

Thus, if someone get stuck over there we shouldn't be surprised at all...

Anyways, I've been trying to run away from some friendly BAF bots after collapsing a Jackal but they have managed to follow me all over the place so far, no matter the turns or paths that I did choose...

I also wanted to see if some geometries were working fine, so I made a tank battle test using the whole riverbed area and all of it ran flawlessly... and it was a truly surprise for me ;)

Saludos pa toas las washas pelúas hahaha

Detroit- Need to restart entire project because of numerous stupid errors and file incompatabilities -100% done

Kami Penn- Heightmap completed, working on terrain 10% Done

BreeCity- Roads are being laid out, then on to the buildings...no idea on how to do bridges yet or what road pieces are connecting pieces >=( 20% Done (it's a massive city so the buildings are 80% of the work)

isa_small_01.jpg

isa_small_02.jpg

A two-hour slapdash 8km@4m Winter theme "testing terrain"... Currently a testbay for winter object ideas, plus experiments with large-scale underwater terrain feature modelling in anticipation of Arma3 and messing around in Gnat's subs! :D

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hi,

I've JUST started working on a huge map project based entirely on the STALKER aesthetic.

Initially I'll be doing props/objects and assets, then later (Much later lol..!) I'll start the terrain itself. It should be more or less Chernarus sized.

Here's a link to my WIP thread if anyone's interested, and the blog link also has more information:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142308-Large-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-inspired-Island

Cheers,

Marc