Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

maps under construction:

Looks great, Fogu. If I might make a suggestion - add the ambient civilians - expansion module to your intro mission. That way (ensuring your map is ALICE compatible, of course), all your towns will have a little bit random of life in them. In other news, that looks like an absolutely excellent map.

I've been sidetracked heavily by other terrain work recently, but I've finally had a little time to get back to Arma 2 and do some texture work for CWR2 Malden...

NewMalden_03_small.jpg

NewMalden_01_small.jpg

villagecobble2_small.jpg

gravelrivercobble_small.jpg

... still struggling to achieve that dry, but not too dry "Mediterranean" look....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Although I really love dark green colors on terrain, I'd say on Malden you'd have to go with a more beige/brownish color palette. But don't tint the entire satmap into it. If you have a closer look at the original Malden, you'll find many alternating patches of colors, some of them matching the dark green you already have, but the majority of these patches, almost like tiny inkblots, are greyish green and mostly even just sand.

I'd recommend keeping the current satmap as it is on those pictures and adding the brown/beige/light sandish color irregularities via the midDetail texture. If that doesn't help, use the irregularity layer trick to maximum effect with sand colors. The crass alternation between the sand and green will give it the "dry" look, I reckon.

Nah, he's just trolling us with a picture he took outside by the creek around his door. :P

Q: What is the biggest terrain map that 4096 pix x 4096 pix with 10 meter cell size produce? Here is why I ask. If these question has been asked before. I am sorry. But I have not found it in the form. Because when BI came out with the Green Sea maps that comes to about 240 miles x 240 miles. A lot of us have been wondering if BI would supply us the tools to build the terrain to encompass this area. So I have to decide if I need a processer that's A(i7 six core single set mother board w/24 GB RAM) or B(AMD Opteron 16 core dual set mother board w/256 GB RAM) to make this work if possible. Thank you all for your positive replies.

KZbp61x4j-U

FATA For PR, testing the new vehicles GAF xd, some bush's a2 need new textures :S

Q: What is the biggest terrain map that 4096 pix x 4096 pix with 10 meter cell size produce? Here is why I ask. If these question has been asked before. I am sorry. But I have not found it in the form. Because when BI came out with the Green Sea maps that comes to about 240 miles x 240 miles. A lot of us have been wondering if BI would supply us the tools to build the terrain to encompass this area. So I have to decide if I need a processer that's A(i7 six core single set mother board w/24 GB RAM) or B(AMD Opteron 16 core dual set mother board w/256 GB RAM) to make this work if possible. Thank you all for your positive replies.

I'm fairly sure that having a 4096px x 4096px with a 10 meter cell size will only give you one size unless my mind is just fried from work last night. That size is about a 41km x 41km map. However, I don't feel that that is reasonable. It would probably take years to do. You could not do the entire region as one map. This is a map I made for my Green Sea Expansion Project: Green Sea Region. Those two boxes there are both about 10km x 10km. Doing a 20km x 20km with a sat map at a 1px per meter would be a 20,000px x 20,000px sat map which is possible. However, that is probably close to the limit you want to do. A 40km x 40km would probably be terrible. That would be a 40,000px x 40,000px which Bushlurker says gets really iffy with photoshop and visitor. Not to mention I think that might activate object issues in the upper right corner.

FATA For PR, testing the new vehicles GAF xd, some bush's a2 need new textures :S

Looks really awesome. keep up the good work.

cheers

I took a little time off the endless veebee-essing to revamp an old favourite slightly....

Abel_NewTest_s.jpg

Abel_NewTest2_s.jpg

B

nice bushlurker man you make these with so much ease and it looks so natural, I hope to be half as good as you and ill be happy

Well, since my team mate and I are studying how to erode the beach terrain on our map, I'm assuming most of you know that we're working on a 20k x 20k map of Anzio, Italy around the time of 1943-1944.

We are lucky that starting out such a big project is made easier by Bushlurker's tutorial, and the fact that Anzio during this time period was pretty bare due to it being Winter and the fact that it had been bombed into submission by German and Allied Bombers.

Anyhow, we're having to make a custom Sat_lco due to the growth of population in the recent years, but we do have it ingame at the moment. Once we get the underwater portion figured out, we'll post photos.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

I'm working on Balkania (16x16km terrain 1:2 ratio to RL) and a smaller map based on RL data of a region in United States.