Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

maps under construction:

Hi guys,

some images from my Ft. Benning / Malone Rifle Ranges map.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Jens

Very impressive!

Looks like a lot of work and research... well done!

B

Since people keep asking, here's one of the reasons why I've been sidetracked from my personal Scotland project yet again...

No elephants or banana trees this time, it all looks a lot closer to home... ;)

Since this particular terrain job is part of a larger collaborative effort, I don't want to give the game away, so I've limited myself here to just a few anonymous landscape & textures shots...

Everon01small.jpg

Everon02small.jpg

... if it was Scotland it'd be raining... :D

... and a couple of ground textures that worked out reasonably well for a change...

Everon03small.jpg

Everon04small.jpg

It's all gone fairly well so far... a LOT of the usual road smooth tool repair work to do, and about 24,997 dandelions still to be hand-placed...

dandelion_small.jpg

... and I'll be done!... I may even deliver this one on time!! ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Yeah the good old Elephant one...

Looking forward to whatever it is this time. :)

Nice one Bushlurker, more and more what you reveal in unlooked for snaps suggests some super releases on the horizon - hopefully not too far away! Good ground textures with strong matching normals are often missing in community-made maps.

Very nice Bushlurker... looking forward to your map.

Great job Bushlurker!

Ok, here's an idea: I have a very big town in the central region of a new map - lets call it "Massacra" for now.

Would there be an interest from mapmakers to make their own rectangle sector with preset objects? Of course I would name sectors after you :) You would get a .pew V3 file with marked rectangle and roads leading to it, all objects and vegetation included. You can then put together a compound, villa, neighbourhood, resort, factory etc... whatever u wish? When you're done, you send it back to me to include it in the big project.

Anyone interested in co-making of this big town?

Edited by IceBreakr

The cooperative project idea is quite appealing from my point of view, you count me in ... but I will need to build a bit more energy that I already have :(

I know, I know

It's OFP world map

I mean the second shot is from Everon, from the south coast. The first one, judging from the sat lco textures looks from Everon too.

And the third one looks from Malden.

Truth be told, I was working on an OFP world map too, with Malden, Everon and Nogova.

In OFP it said that Kolguyev was not, technically, part of the Everon archipelago.

95% of OFP objects placed. 100% of the road net converted to Arma 2 roads, all named cities, already compatible with ALICE module and the other one, the one of the cars.

Icebrkr

I would be very interested in helping you...You saw my citys in Barbuda so you know what my style is.

Let me know

Wedge

Roger that. So far there's 7-8 of us. Will let you know.

I'm rebuilding now the OFP world map

I have :

- Imported terrain: Everon is the eastern island. Malden is near Everon an a little bit to the south to reflect it's more mediterranean looks and Nogova is mor to the north and slightly further from the other two islands, I haven't included Kolguyev because it was said that Kolguyed didn't pertain to the same archipelago.

- Imported Objects: Around 80% of the objects have been succesfully imported. I would have to sustitute a lot of them to their Arma 2 counterparts.

- Required objects for conversion: I would need to convert al city name plates so you see them when you get near any city/village/whatever.

- Working config: I already have all city names, most mountains/forest/airports/important places/marinas names in the map with their correct positions. I also have 5 different airport ILS coordinates. Unfortunately only three of them are fully usable by the AI.

- Working road net: Around 80% of the road net has been updated and converted using Arma 2 roads.

NEEDED:

- An adequate Satelite/mask texture. I'm having trouble loading the sat (25600 x25600 pixels) but step by step I will try to make a decent quality satelite texture.

- General improvements in the cities layouts so the cities are more detailed

ETA?

When it is done

@mankyle, I am willing to make the satellite mask for you.

Hi all just dropped a beta map of Sangin Helmand Province its 5 x 5 km on 3PARA-gu.com come join us for some Insurgency or Domination All team players welcome servers running now http://www.3para-gu.com/forum/index.php?topic=3933.0

I will upload on Armaholic at a later date as need shots of map and have not taken any yet and need to get it on the 3PARA ftp site

Direct download link http://uploading.com/files/dff5318e/%2540hellskitchen_V6_with.pbos.rar/

3PARA-Gaming Unit Link http://www.3para-gu.com/

Read the read me in folder for credits where there due

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

@MINIMALACO no probs mate enjoy and keep low and use the natural features for cover

Heya dudes,

I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking over development of my 51klm aviation based terrain that was in vte in arma1.

Does anyone here know of the terrain and/or are interested in bringing it into arma2 with the satmap etc.

I can post a screeny of the island/s layout in the editor.

More info provided upon request.

I have done some small bits here and there using wrptool since arma1 and think it is still worthy of use but dont have the time to learn visitor ,break it out of vte and release it unfortunatly.

Hope this was the right place to potst this...I am not real familiar with this section of the forums.

Thanks.

Working on a (25x25km) Utha sector map, but I think the detailed area will be finaly a bit smaller (15x20km)!

Edited by Xantog