Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

maps under construction:

Screenshots look excellent, Gunny... Sat layer looks particularly good...

Theres a full pack of BIS summer vegetation already available here...

Link is to the first page but if you flip to page 3 you'll see theres a (not quite final) version 1.0 out now...

I'll be using this pack in my own main project, and I believe Beton is using it on one of his forthcoming project - so it's likely there'll be at least one more update in the future... (I've been tweaking quite a few of the trees)...

B

Thanks Bushlurker :D , but I think Sat Layer can be better, maybe with different grass texture, especially for summer version. I will remake it after the release of first Beta.

Now the first problem to solve is try to understand why clutters don't work :mad:

Ah many thanks BlackMamba was thinking about such a map today, many luck with the effort.

Regards Jeza

5x5km part of the Isle of Man, based around the town on the West coast with a castle and small harbor.

Gonna keep posting picys up here:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/sgtscuba/isle%20of%20man%20island/

but not going to put any official post up yet until I at least have some buildings put down for you guys to look at.

Isle of Man!??!? :yay:

This was a location I always wanted to do for my favorite racing sim, for obvious reasons, but the game engine involved couldn't deal with a map that large!

/me goes off to model section of forum to find someone to make 300kph motorcycles

@jeza ill post a video about the proces soon

only im having difficulties getting water where i want

oow boy this is going to be a nice litlle to large project

opened a topic in mods discussion: Mosul Area

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

My first project called Talaskangas, God forbidden swampy place in Finland. Terrain is done so now i'm moving to objects.

After that i'll start a bigger project about finnish village called Sukeva.

I Need some modellers for Sukeva so PM me if you are interested.

Since I seem to post quite a lot yet never really produce anything,:p, I figured I'd post a few pics of stuff I've actually done for a change...

I was asked recently to do some texturing for someone else's forthcoming project... "Sandy, quite dry, semi-tropical" was my brief... A bit different from my usual dreary, rainy Scottish moors, so I had a quick inspirational fly over Lingor, followed by Prowler Wolf's Mana: Fiji (loved it all over again!... brilliant!), and aimed for something slightly different from both... this is what I've come up with so far...

It's a fictitious location, so no realworld satellite images to work with... haven't made a sat layer entirely from scratch before, so that's been interesting...

You've probably seen me whining in other threads about textures & blending & stuff recently... here they are in context, finally...

Sandy beach (permafootprints, dammit!!!)

EI_01.jpg

Texture blending seems to have worked OK here... JR Walker has some interesting ideas about that I need to look at more closely sometime...

EI_03.jpg

EI_02.jpg

EI_04.jpg

Not much left to do for my end of things on this project... I'm still having the usual hassles with badly tiling rock surfaces and puzzling over mco's to compensate... once I sort them out it can go back to it's owner, and may even get released sometime...

A good learning experience all round - and great fun! What more could you want? ...but it leaves me dangerously close to gettin back to work on my own project!... I might have to sidetrack again and make a little desert island of my own...

.. and call it..... Palm Beach..... watch this space...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Looking very nice Bush...

even if it´s fictional it somehow reminds me of something i know...:)

I'm currently working on a new map project "Desert Valley", the "big-bad-brother" of the small map "Desert" that came with OA.

The map is 10x10km with elevation ranging from aprox 1000m to 1800m based 1:1 on real 5m DEM and features a rough open and desert terrain with hills and light mountains in which a small green valley runs across.

Excellent open terrain for long ranged combat, yet enough terrain features like hills, dips, ridges, rocks etc to have tactical movement.

Edited by Chill xl

Here's a screenshot of the project after working on it for the first few days:

desert_valley_1.jpg

Edited by Chill xl

Since I seem to post quite a lot yet never really produce anything,:p, I figured I'd post a few pics of stuff I've actually done for a change...

.. and call it..... Palm Beach..... watch this space...

B

You da man Bush!

Looking forward to seeing an island from you soon. You should get on the Skype Channel too, some interesting stuff.

Hi Tup...!

Yeah... guess I should actually occasionally get some work done on something... ;)... seeing this little (12.8x12.8km!) project come together so quickly has been quite encouraging... made me look at some of my own stuff a bit more critically... 'specially Sat layers, and those "mysterious mco's"... I think understanding may just be beginning to dawn there...

I actually finally managed to log on to Skype.. ("Bushlurker" was already taken... bummer... but I'm on there now as "Bushlurker.com")... found Shezan & Ice so far...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Qom Province RC released privately... check your PMs or the skype channel.

Thanks guys!

Tup

I think I once met a man who "visited" that sandy, quite dry, tropical island...

OT - I'm working on South Sahrani right now (I could kiss hund. Well, almost anyways. :D)

I'm about to start on the roads etc. Hopefully ill have done enough to show something in the next day or so.

Interesting DH, we're working on a similiar project ;) but I'm not revisiting Sahrani, don't ya worry ;)

I don't intend to infringe on Massacra. ;)

Been slow going, with having to manually add all the A2 objects (I have a new respect for island makers now, I think my left index finger will be a bloody nub by the time this is over. *click, drag, oops 11 objects, click, drag, 10 imported, repeat 500 times*)

To try and lighten the addon load, I created a "junkyard" of objects from sahrani/that fit sahrani, in visitor. When i reach the next phase, tomorrow hopefully (looking at screenshots from Sahrani, replicating and/or improving it.) i'll post some screenshots.

What you need to do is recruit a group of 2-3 people so each one takes care of one part of the island and then the workload is shared and spread among all of them

Also, what kind of pbos are you going to use?

Not all Arma 1 building are in the misc, misc2 and buildings pbos

Most of the ones that are not in Arma 2 files are in Icebreakr's pbos, not all of them, but most of them

I'm gonna see how far the A2/OA pbos take me, then I had planned on using CAA1 buildings (making my own mini pack) or talking to Ice. Its not gonna be an exact copy of the BIS version to save my sanity, I may improve areas or create a cmouple from scratch.

well, if you need help just tell

:)

Maybe I will give it a run too!!!

Congrats on your release Tup! Looks terrific in the videos.

Here's a mention of Haadur. 40X40km. The land mass is based on DEMs, vegetation and geology of the Mojave Desert in North America, but the infrastructure and economy will be based on Iran. Thanks to all who have provided guidance, assistance and motivation on this effort.

Sat map (20480k – obviously reduced here):

overhead.jpg

I’ve been learning on a segment sized portion of the larger map (the island at the bottom center of the Sat map, about 5K). Here are some shots:

haddurnewsand.jpg

vegboutrtneedrocks.jpg

I think I’m finally satisfied with the sand texture and creosote bushes and hope to get some new photos for refined rocky ground texture this weekend. When I’m satisfied with the ground texture, I’ll move on to a “hard slope†texture, modeling some “rabbit brush†and some representative rocks. Then I’ll finally be able to get off this island and start on the mainland!

Edited by JR_Walker

Wow!

Looking awesome so far JR!

Is that USGS data?... Serious quality!

Sand texture looks excellent!... looks like you have that aspect of things fully under control! well done! looks amazing!

Good idea working small while you refine things... it allows you to work more quickly and try out different things... and it's always good once you finalise something and apply it to the big terrain as a whole and you see some larger progress... always encouraging...

Well done all round mate! looking forward to seeing more of these carefully considered textures... the representative rocks sound funky too! ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Started working on a switzerland map some weeks ago, making slowly progress since im in a professional retraining.

Still alot to do as you can see on those pics, like detailtextures, outside terrain texture, clutter, satmap tweaks etc.

Anybody has some nice alpine huts/buildings btw.? ^^

http://img193.imageshack.us/f/swissalpha5.jpg/

http://img856.imageshack.us/f/swissalpha4.jpg/

http://img862.imageshack.us/f/swissalpha3.jpg/

http://img15.imageshack.us/f/swissalpha2.jpg/