Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

maps under construction:

i'm working on a 20x20km map of Afghanistan - Uruzgan province - Shahidi Hassas district.

here are the lastest screens:

http://img137.imageshack.us/g/26jan51.jpg/

there's more in the first post of the thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113472

Great job Bad Benson, its looking pretty damn good and very authentic!

Cant wait for it!

i'm working on the Saint-Martin islands in the caribean at the moment, going to be a while as its 40x40km map.

More Realistic Hellmand 40x40 at the moment but might scale it down

Hi all im currently trying to make a more realistic map of hellmand province with its mass production of heroin and cannibis fields with the big tall wadis and tight street and alley formations making up the compounds with big metal double doors on entrances .

i would like the battles to feel more like you see on you tube fire fights from compound to compound roof top scenarios and open ground movement some times not even seeing the tally just hearing those lead wasps flying over loads of cover in the surrounding field borders but when you have to move in open ground your the target.

Also have another map in production that is a tunnel and cave system map what torabora should really have had ive cut segments out the hills then put rocks through and over the top to make the cave system gives a diffrent kind of feel to the fire fights

I'll probably convert my Lingor island to Whingola (for all the desert-loving whinners), a full desert island with couple of green patches...

Icebreaker nice work you do fella will look forward to your new 1.

Good to see so many projects out there just hope there all come to fruit.

i know i felt like chucking it it a few times mainly down to the tools not being so friendly or just crashing but keep a cool head have a smoke get back in the zone

Wow, Tupolov...

great work.... :)

i think it´s time to open a new thread over at the "addons and mods discussion"

Tupolov .. great vid! bad news for me though is that YouTube and Veoh is blocked here

in good old China, lol. I used a proxy to see the one on YouTube, nice ...

Anyways, ive got 3 maps in the works! (working all 3 back to back)

why? cause its my new hobby and im enjoying doing them, lol.

The maps im working on are Kandahar / Musa Qaleh / Nahr-e Saraj All 40km maps.

More news will be coming soon in the wip thread for them here!

Lucky to be back on track after yesterday crap with the ArmA2P troubles :(

Added a thread to the Addon Discussions...

Will contact Armaholic once its in Beta!

Dark - respect, that's a lot of work. This 10x10km has taken me since October... Determined to get it finished before end of March. Good luck with your maps, don't be afraid to scale back! I found focusing on a few short term objectives has helped me avoid the feeling of been overwhelmed by the amount of work to do.

Cheers,

Tup

Love the video, im sure alot of people have thought of using news footage but that clip is pretty well done

I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel on my first map... "Isla Del Fuego". It's loosely based on Montserrat in the West Indies and a good deal of inspiration comes from Icebreakr's Lingor as well as Prowler's Mana.

Vostok and Winter Vostok are nearing public release and intensively tested by my ADO Clan's mates.

I have switch back to Tigeria. I have rebuild the terrain one more time, I have lost count of versions since 2009, November 12th .

Half covered with tropical forest -Berghoff's African Foliage of course-, featuring high mountains and boat-able long rivers as well as huge mangrove area, this map is slowly populated with towns and villages, sometimes only small hut villages -using IceBreaker's huts port from ArmA and BIS ArmA2 and OA buildings as well-; the island, I must say the archipelago is hosting a lot of air strips, 2 of them able to accommodate huge planes such as the B-52.

Oktyabr great, any sneak pics err peaks? ;)

Well... I'm really not that far yet, spent most of my time trying to get the HF to look something like what I wanted (it's completely made from scratch... no DEM datas were used) and then the last two days tweaking road networks. Now I'm messing around with african foliage and see first hand how difficult it can be to use them optimized and still have some of that tropical feeling! Also looking for the right buildings... Anyone have any simple grass huts they can spare?

But how can I refuse a request from an artist who's work I admire so much? ;) (I've spent literally days in Lingor and Duala... and Mana... trying to get a feel for what is possible yet still playable.)

clicky thumbnail things:

th_0303SATwip.jpg

th_0303wip.jpg

Ask IceBreakr authorization to use his Buildings ^^.

Like this ones ... displayed on the grey sands of Bassas da Tigeria :

1298466923oldbear.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi all my Sagin map is comming together quiet nicely now i have a quick sample video of a rooftop battle hope you enjoy map will be released in the next month

Those buildings weren't his,they were mine... :mad:

Actually, he's talking about the huts that were in Arma1 and I've converted them to my ibr_plants.pbo. Not the fancy stuff you've made :P ;)

Screenshots look excellent, Gunny... Sat layer looks particularly good...

Theres a full pack of BIS summer vegetation already available here...

Link is to the first page but if you flip to page 3 you'll see theres a (not quite final) version 1.0 out now...

I'll be using this pack in my own main project, and I believe Beton is using it on one of his forthcoming project - so it's likely there'll be at least one more update in the future... (I've been tweaking quite a few of the trees)...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hey guys,

Qom Province Beta posted to the Skype Map Making channel.

Regards

Tup

Bad Benson said he wanted to see some screenshots of my "Isla Del Fuego" I'm working on so here they are...

Be forewarned that these are from a VERY "beta" stage and I'm aware that there are some obvious problems, even visible in these screenshots (need a full rework of sat_lco, mask_lco, and my tree masks... and some vertice smoothing to start with)...

Comments and suggestions welcome!

http://img858.imageshack.us/g/ss286.jpg/

EDIT:

Big thanks to Old Bear who pointed out it didn't look like I was using a "middle texture" and then taking the time to help line me out with it! (WTF is a "middle texture"?!?!?!?!?! :P )

Edited by Oktyabr

ive started building a map based on a huge part of mosul area iraq

terrain size right now is 4096x4096 cell size 10

i think its going to be halve fictional cause of the immens amount of objects so maybe halve mosul city and mosul airfield, a few small villages, huge desert for rotary and vixed wing aircrafts to play around

i would love to show u a picture right now but i have to resize first

its much to big, bis wont love me for doing that :)

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba