Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Movement addons

So this addon gets obsolete now, with the new patch?

So this addon gets obsolete now, with the new patch?

I see no evidence to support that at present, so until proven otherwise, I'd say that no, it isn't "obsolete". I won't be checking 1.55 until after it's on Steam, so there's no way to compare currently, and the changelogs do not mention it.

Amazingly handy fix, I can see where BIS was coming from in that if your weapon hits the door you can't go in, from real life that is fine but on a gaming perspective a major killer in close quarters, very happy to see it changed.

Dslyecxi

I wrote about this addon some pages ago, but repeat - you and your team have made great improvement. So simple and small addon and so much it does for me and other people for fun.

Thank you very much dear Dslyecxi!!!

Is way to fix RPG animation after droping pistol / geting in to vehicle. My Hero is trying to switch RPG.

Edited by Prodavec

Dslyecxi

I wrote about this addon some pages ago, but repeat - you and your team have made great improvement. So simple and small addon and so much it does for me and other people for fun.

Thank you very much dear Dslyecxi!!!

Is way to fix RPG animation after droping pistol / geting in to vehicle. My Hero is trying to switch RPG.

This just reminded me... although he may be speaking of the same thing...

When switching to an AT weapon, we cannot move at the same time, and this obviously gets us killed. E.g. see tank, get to cover, get out AT4, then try to stand. The player's soldier will put away the AT4, stand, then get it out again, only enabling fire after quite some time.

Is there any way to assist this?

And this is the same with the reaction to falling: when falling anywhere from a metre up (I think), the character freezes for a section, instead of being able to move and/or looking like they've fallen. Any fixes?

Cheers!

Patch 1.55 has no this fixes by default, just tested it. Is there way to include addon in further patches/beta-patches?

Patch 1.55 has no this fixes by default, just tested it. Is there way to include addon in further patches/beta-patches?

That's really-really sad :(

I was anxious today to turn on my PC-browse the BI forums

and read the "awesome news" but..

Anyways..i think BI was "rushed" to publish the 1.55 because

the latest "beta" was not compatible with 1.54

and as result it divided the MP players.

We can support (individually) this addon/idea..and hope

in close future.. :cool:

this looks promising. I dislike vanilla arma2's collision system.

Does this mod do collision for when you have your rifle up? Infiltration (ut 99 mod) had this where you'd never collide with the environment when hipped but would collide if you had your weapon aimed.

this looks promising. I dislike vanilla arma2's collision system.

Does this mod do collision for when you have your rifle up? Infiltration (ut 99 mod) had this where you'd never collide with the environment when hipped but would collide if you had your weapon aimed.

I also remember infiltration when people speak of weapon collision, i think that that was the first time that i saw that in a videogame. And it was really well done, and it was a really good mod by the way,... good old times :rolleyes: hahaa.

And back to the topic, yes, default arma2 colision detection sucks, but with this mod i think that allows some moves that shouldn't be posible, but as all things its just a personal opinion.

Still great work, i hated that "evasive" movement :D. I hope someday BIS will fix all the movement thing :p. Maybe voting a CIT ticket like this one http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11758 would help that :rolleyes:

This mod is a step in the right direction. But as others mentioned, i wish ARMA had something very similar to Infiltration's weapon collision system, and player movement!

I second this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11758

I see no evidence to support that at present, so until proven otherwise, I'd say that no, it isn't "obsolete". I won't be checking 1.55 until after it's on Steam, so there's no way to compare currently, and the changelogs do not mention it.

Hi

Have you had the time to check this yet?

And is this both server and client or just clientside addon?

Hi

Have you had the time to check this yet?

And is this both server and client or just clientside addon?

It's clientside, and as of 1.56 it is still relevant.

It seems not all movement and anim flaws have been fixed in the latest OA 1.59 patch. Can this mod still be used to enhance the movment freedom or will it cause problems with the new changes?

It seems not all movement and anim flaws have been fixed in the latest OA 1.59 patch. Can this mod still be used to enhance the movment freedom or will it cause problems with the new changes?

It's still relevant, and we as a group still use it ourselves.

Awesome addition.

I was actually in the same area you where in the video and could not walk sideways with my Master Key M4. And I got shot way to many times walking straight in and then turning.

THANKS A TON Dslyecxi

couple question. First, Does this work for arma OA and CO? 2nd, where do i put the bikey file?

Yes it works in both. Put the .bikey file in the keys folder in your arma2 installation folder; it's only required if you intend to run a server with signature checking enabled.

Extract @stmovement to your arma2 installation folder.

Add: -mod=@stmovement to your arma2 target line launch shortcut.

i.e: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@stmovement

Alternatively you can enable the mod via the game's main menu screen but that requires arma to restart once the mod is selected.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Hmm, arma2oa.exe is in arma 2 folder?

Well..if you have bought A2 and then A2OA both in DVD version ..yes ;)