Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Movement addons

Great, this really enhanced Close Quater Battles!

Should make a ticket for this being in 1.55 patch

And what about bullets??? Sometimes bullets hit weapon and it can protect soldier from injuring. What about now? Can gun still protect soldiers from bullets or it is penetrable now?

This has no change on how your fire geometry is. What you see is what you get, still - if it hits the weapon, it hits the weapon, if it hits the character, same deal as always.

Had this mod running our Sunday op. VERY NICE!

Makes room clearing so much better.

Since you're mucking about with movements, any chance of allowing the throwing of grenades while leaning?

Isn't it just another "dirty" workaround to make things less immersive and authentic?

Seriously, watching people clipping or sticking their weapons into walls looks horrible even more if they are standing behind a door...

How this can be more "tactical" or "better" can only answer those who played many, many shooters. Or was it - "those who played too many shooters"? ;)

NoRailGunner - to each their own, I suppose.

In reality you'd hardly get stuck on a door frame - you'd intuitively move your gun or body slightly. You'd also not get stuck in tree branches with it, or a fence, or what not.

It might not look pretty, but it certainly allows a more realistic feel of what you'd be doing in reality (i.e. not being a muppet).

But like I said - to each their own.

For example, I'm not using ShackTac's HUD, because for me it breaks the immersion and despite increasing your awareness of where your squad is relative to you - I feel looking around gives me a more realistic way of doing that.

Fact is that when it comes to CQB ArmA2 is CLUNKY - always has been, right back to the days of O:FP. This makes it a little less awkward.

Edited by Harlow[16AA]

'Playing to many shooters' my arse..

Yes, it's each to his own, but as someone who has done many years of 'house, and room clearance' in a real enviroment, the existing vanilla method of moving through narrow doorways is more 'unrealistic' than the version that is being offered here.

Doing room clearance for real I can say that I never got stuck or hung up because my weapon wouldn't fit properly through the door, or that I had to enter sideways and couldn't cover my arcs.. This is an excellent stop gap answer to a problem that should not even exist in the game as is..

Freakin awesome! :bounce3:

Trying to remotely drive a robot indoors just got that much easier!

C'mon guys, IRL, you'd be getting continuous, subliminal feedback as to where all your body parts are and where you are pointing your weapon, until we can replicate that in a computer game, a little clipping I can put up with.

I like this really.

BIS must think about it and to include it in his new patch.

The question about the realism is secondary because, as in other games as IL2 Sturmovik, for example, this is a game, it isn´t the real life, and we can´t to see the things as this.

Sorry my english. I hope you can understand me.

Thanks, man. A great job.

Agreed, an outstanding addon!

Is anybody aware which servers allow this gem to be used by the client?

I already PM'd Kochleffel who runs the huge PvP Valhalla server (DAO) ,but he isn't

responded yet :/

Especially in this server there is LOTS of urban environment engagements-and as

you all understand:LOTS of Doors/LOTS of Stairs/LOTS..LOTS....

Where should we post so that BIS can see that we want this in the new beta patch?? I already posted in "Suggestions" but they closed it because it was in wrong forum:confused:......i think it is a Suggestion!! But maybe im wrong....so where can we post it??

Where should we post so that BIS can see that we want this in the new beta patch?? I already posted in "Suggestions" but they closed it because it was in wrong forum:confused:......i think it is a Suggestion!! But maybe im wrong....so where can we post it??

They are aware of this.

Isn't it just another "dirty" workaround to make things less immersive and authentic?

Seriously, watching people clipping or sticking their weapons into walls looks horrible even more if they are standing behind a door...

How this can be more "tactical" or "better" can only answer those who played many, many shooters. Or was it - "those who played too many shooters"? ;)

Lol, sure, real soldier get blocked everyday in corridors and don't have the brain to lower/raise their weapon and turn around easily. They are forced to walk backward until they get out by the same entrance the got in, because of this freaking gun always, always touching the wall!!!11

@Dslyecxi:

Yeah I fully agree, it was more a direct answer to Nec's I vote for this addon, it must be inside next BIS patch !!!!. If this is put in officially then everything is well, except it isn't :) If we have it as a mod, we know about it's shortcomings and why it can't be perfect.

I agree with this.

Its a great mod, but because of obvious short comings I dont think it should go vanilla. There is also shorter weapons ingame that currently have an edge vs indoor combat just like real life, but the problem with longer barreled weapons is, like most know, the unrealistic part that you get stuck while in real life you would just quickly lower and raise your weapon, which in turn ingame animations is to slow to do.

Then again I find using the combination of a zoom back toggle key (basically holds down num-), Track IR and in "iron sights" mode. Way easier to clear indoors with long barrel because you can enter buildings like you drive a car. Your head turns a few seconds before your "car" (gun)... Than using the normal view mode. At least in vanilla.

Better still when they make the next game they actually include all the fixes in the game engine so they don't have to keep making patches that do the same thing each time, and then the community wont have to make the same mod on multiple versions.

Great Mod guys, takes the pain out of FIBUA

After some tests this little mod keeps amazing me so thanks (again) for making it. But this time i would like to add that i made an little article about your work on our community website

Brilliant addon!

Now we just need a fix for grenade (it can't be properly used indoor atm), and the CQB will be finally what it should have been..

It's too much of a shooter feature for me. :D

Edited by Dallas

AWESOME!!!

The first big step in improving the gameplay of arma2!!

Thanks for this great addon!!

Looks slightly like BIS have improved the houseclearing movement in the recent v1.55 patch.