Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ShackTac Movement addons

this is great!!.. now im going to enjoy urban combat like in the ravenshield days..

if someone is looking for me im in feruz abad :)

@ mike-usa

i think in real life a soldiers raises his weapen instead of getting stuck in the doorway and say hi to enemy presense

and if im correct (just watched the video on youtube) u can shoot around the corner without exposing yourself to much

no more bullits hitting invisible walls..

+1 - Agreed - Now if we could only find a way to get multiple friendly AI units to stack inside a house and help you clear inside buildings we'd definitely be going in the right direction with regard to CCQ...

Brilliant little addon guys, simple and works brilliantly. It's addons that solve fixes like this that are the best... nothing worse than breaching a house and having your gun stuck in the wall while the enemy opens up with the PKM with full 360 degrees of movement.

This is something that BI should put into the game themselves. That's how crucial this addon is to the game.

The best addon in years, BIS should put this in the next patch[/u][/color]. We need this!!!!:yay::yay::bounce3:

Wow!!! Super! Great! Awesome! Good job guys, it is what arma needs to has by default)

This is perfect, but I think to address the clipping issue, the gun should be lowered as it is going through a door or something, something which I'm sure BIS could easily do, since if you're looking over a short wall and look down, your gun looks up so it doesn't clip into the wall, I don't see why the opposite can't be done for doorways.

As much as I love this mod, I just think it'd be better if it was done that way rather than just allowing guns to clip through walls lmao.

As much as I love this mod, I just think it'd be better if it was done that way rather than just allowing guns to clip through walls lmao.

I tried it in "narrow" places-and checked about "exploiting" opportunities-in walls..and found no such issue.

On the other hand i believe by lowering your weapon while going up on a narrow-space- ladder..is unrealistic because.. i strongly believe-in Real life situation-as "human" you HAVE the dexterity to go-up-the ladder..without lose (full accuracy at least..)/control of your weapon.

;)

I vote on this addon ..even with my feet :yay:

This is amazing. Any chance you and your guys could look into a mod that adds a third movement speed for CQB. A "fast walk" or "glide"? :)

I think what we are missing is not a "fast walk" but instead a slow, stable walk where the weapon dont jump around like now.

Heck, I would pay you guys any beer bills if you could somehow make most of the animation into "magp*l dynamic cool moves" Dslyecxi:p

I mentioned in some other thread a key to press much like the breath hold mouse click to steady sights, but was available when scoping and walking like "upper arm steadiness" key. Would only work when walking and weapon raised obviously.

But ... that's a bit off topic.

Server bikey's for both tac addons are the same name different dates.

Either one server side will allow both addons to be excepted ?

Will test shortly

Are BIS going to add this to the game?

this NEEDS to be included for all, this simply made the game 100% more fun.

such a simple change, such a huge difference.

The evasive fix is very good but the st_collision it's for me a bad feature and i hope BIS will never add this in arma, the collision between your weapon and the environment is a very realistic feature, with no collision it's like to play bad company 2 (for me).

Well ... maybe a middle ground, its just that collision is realistic in the real world where you have absolute vision and awareness to know where your at in a door to get positioned to shoot, but this is still based on a computer form and no matter what, you "act" like the real world and you still get a feeling of "computer says no" and a dose of frustration and a bullet in the face for your troubles.

Id say there are more situations (percentage wise) with its collision detection normal in houses and doors where the most unrealistic things unfold not matter how you play vs the more realstic "feel" of less computer restriction with it under this mod.

Maybe a balance is needed. Most CQB is a little more fast paced when clearing a room or house so it feels less realistic with that real world vs computer awkwardness battle.

Just seems some people are thinking in terms of gaming "those games" as opposed to within this sim and its counter simulator feel frustrations.

Edited by mrcash2009

The evasive fix is very good but the st_collision it's for me a bad feature and i hope BIS will never add this in arma, the collision between your weapon and the environment is a very realistic feature, with no collision it's like to play bad company 2 (for me).

Not to spoil you, but in real world we could move our arms so that the weapon gets out of the way and wont stop you from turning, of cause you can point your weapon(together with your upper torso and head) up or down to make the turn, however I also have to tell you that I would never want to have my view not facing forward because I have already lost count on how many times I have die turning like this when some OPFOR suddenly poke up from nowhere in front of me and shot me.

Dslyecxi also have videos from another game showing what might be a better idea

So unless BIS somehow want to change the system, this addon is acturally not too unrealistic

Edited by 4 IN 1

I vote for this addon, it must be inside next BIS patch !!!!

I don't know, I think it should be more nuanced than that (the CQB part, the evasive move removal from normal controls I'm more than happy with). By simply removing collision detection it doesn't matter what kind of gun we choose. If this could be balanced out by letting weapon dexterity affect i.e. rotation speed / lag, at least it will still be very hard to use an M107 for CQB.

I don't know, I think it should be more nuanced than that (the CQB part, the evasive move removal from normal controls I'm more than happy with). By simply removing collision detection it doesn't matter what kind of gun we choose. If this could be balanced out by letting weapon dexterity affect i.e. rotation speed / lag, at least it will still be very hard to use an M107 for CQB.

Wishing for a robust solution is nice, but that isn't a reflection of the actual options available right now.

How BIS can do it, and how a mod can do it, are two completely different things. You can stick with wishes for the future, but I (and clearly many, many others out there) want a solution that works now, even if that means it isn't 100% perfect from a "realism" standpoint.

I agree, it is not a perfect solution but the best we can have right now.

@Dslyecxi:

Yeah I fully agree, it was more a direct answer to Nec's I vote for this addon, it must be inside next BIS patch !!!!. If this is put in officially then everything is well, except it isn't :) If we have it as a mod, we know about it's shortcomings and why it can't be perfect.

Ekku Zakku

I have that issue too. Especialy you can see that in medical tent while aiming thru the window.

And what about bullets??? Sometimes bullets hit weapon and it can protect soldier from injuring. What about now? Can gun still protect soldiers from bullets or it is penetrable now?

Edited by Prodavec