Sign in to follow this  
milkyway12

Probem yet again

Any way my problem i cant launch the game without the beta patch. When i go to run the cmd file for combined ops in the OA file , it works fine and launches the game from steam , but as my early problem stated with Windows 7 problem , it wont launch past the steam loading box.

It however will with the Beta patch , how would i get the cmd file to launch from the beta patch so i can run combined ops.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

I figured it out , had to download the run cmd for beta.

Edited by milkyway12

Ok now , im getting the Blue Screen of death with the run cmd beta file. When i am playin non Combined Ops games for over 15 minutes? is this normal or is it a known problem?

Getting a BSOD is usually something more serious like a hardware or driver issue. The only time I've had a BSOD since moving to Win7 was when my RAM wasn't seated properly; every other time it just kicks me to the desktop. Check your temps, update drivers, and make sure your hardware is secured.

edit: Actually now that I think about it more, the only time I've ever had a BSOD in either XP or Win7 was because of a hardware issue; not saying that's 100% true all of the time but odds are in it's favor. I used to have the same problem with Arma (and any other games) a few years back when my RAM got fried by my PSU, and after 10-15 minutes of play my system would either BSOD or just reboot by itself.

Edited by No Use For A Name

Getting a BSOD is usually something more serious like a hardware or driver issue. The only time I've had a BSOD since moving to Win7 was when my RAM wasn't seated properly; every other time it just kicks me to the desktop. Check your temps, update drivers, and make sure your hardware is secured.

edit: Actually now that I think about it more, the only time I've ever had a BSOD in either XP or Win7 was because of a hardware issue; not saying that's 100% true all of the time but odds are in it's favor. I used to have the same problem with Arma (and any other games) a few years back when my RAM got fried by my PSU, and after 10-15 minutes of play my system would either BSOD or just reboot by itself.

Well in fact non hardware problems can cause hard reboot and BSOD. Last one i had (besides hardwares trouble) was a conflict with the anti-virus.

Edited by ProfTournesol