Sign in to follow this  
Thats_Life 2.0

[Campaign] Operation Dutch

Ahh, new bugs since the new patch 1.57.

All shall take a look at it.

Euhm I didn't get saving in Coop to work. I need some script for it what I cannot find. Does have anyone a idea?

Try not to use saving in coop for now, but the respawn.

In northwest you need to end at the settlement.

Thanks for the idea's and feedback.

Edit:

I tried a quick test and when I played leaving Utes it's working. I hosted on my own pc. Conversations also working for second player.

Is it possible that you played it on a dedicated server? If so, please host it on your own pc.

Edit2:

Thanks for your PM.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Operation Dutch has been updated to version 1.02.

Download links added at first page. Also Edited the first post...

Let me know what you think. Do I need to make more missions or what?...

Give me some great ideas and/or some bugs related issues..

Enjoy and have fun... :yay:

Thank you - I'll try it and give some feedback. I played 1.0 already but it was some time ago and I only remember that I liked it. I did have some ideas but I forgot by now.

Let me know what you think. Do I need to make more missions or what?...

Give me some great ideas and/or some bugs related issues..

Yes ... more missions please. How about a weapons cache search or hostage rescue mission?

Good campaign, wish it was longer.

It would be nice to have more rifles to choose from. Maybe Mk17 Sniper, Mk17 RCO EGLM, M110 NV Scope, DMR and M14 AIM. I like 7.62 mm rifles! Also remember to provide ammo crates with Mk17 and DMR magazines. If you are thinking about including addons, please consider weapon addons from Robert Hammer (RH_HK416, RH_MGS, RH_Mk18, etc).

In the 5th mission, Bravo team has Mk17 rifles but you only have Mk16 Holo. I almost wanted to kill one of those guys so I could take his rifle. :o

Here is a tip for the 4th mission.

I put some ammo and satchel charges on an ATV and drove it up the mountain. After I killed the sniper, I put my rifle in the ATV and took his AK-74 PSO. After I killed some of the other enemies, I took their ammo. Also, I left the co-player in the town because I couldn't tell him to pick up a weapon. Maybe he should start the mission with a rifle. Half the time he was looking through his binoculars.

Tip for 5th mission.

After you get out of the MH6, don't tell the co-player to disembark. First you want to unload your ammo and grenades on the ground. Then go back to the helo and get some more ammo. Do this until you take all the ammo from the helo. Then tell the co-player to disembark. After you kill the tank and BRDM, drop the M136 and launcher. Go back to where the helo landed and fill up on ammo. Don't forget to fill up your back pack. Or you can just pick up the AK rifles left behind by enemies.

Edited by Biggins
spelling error

@ biggins

Northwest (mission 5) will get the abbillity to choose more weapons. Simply forgotten :o sorry

If I make more missions you get the abbillity to choose more weapons in every next mission.

I've all ready the taxi script working and it will be a larger scale mission based on missioncreeps wishes :) So if you like some thinks that I need to add. Let me know and maby it will be implemented.

When you are at the start of mission 4 and you are standing next to the crate. You get a hint how to rearm your teammate. Hopes this helps you. Because tested it and workes fine. Maby you didn't see the hint?

Sorry no addons. Never used one :o and for people like me it will be addon free. So it's a real arma 2 BIS campaign :rolleyes:

Great campaign, playing through it in coop and find its a perfect balance of enemy. I like the instant respawn where you died as well, i know its not realistic but it makes it more enjoyable.

Please i hope you make more coop campaigns.

Great campaign, playing through it in coop and find its a perfect balance of enemy. I like the instant respawn where you died as well, i know its not realistic but it makes it more enjoyable.

Please i hope you make more coop campaigns.

Thanks,

I did the instant respawn, because I don't know how I get the save option to work. It seems it is not possible. So for coop I think it's the best way to add a respawn to make it more enjoyable and no need for restarting the mission all over again.

Operation Dutch has been updated to version 1.03.

This is the last update for this build.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

great fun ty m8 very immersive, say bye bye to the wife, ready for deployment and top of that great performance not too heavy handed on the ai and script. GJ m8

Great work. A lot of waiting in the last mission.

- The first time we did it, we got sick of waiting and waiting and waiting for an available helicopter (can't board until the helicopter starts up?). So we hopped in an unlocked Humvee with a Mk 19 grenade launcher (and 2 other crew members) and drove out to the village to carry out the rest of the mission. We rode out in the helicopter the second time around after waiting a long while before the helos started up and were able to transport us.

- After seeming to clear out all the insurgents and eliminating the armour, we waited around for ever. The first time, we sat around with nothing to do so we just left the village (so mission not accomplished) for the settlement. The second time

A full 10-15 minutes wandering around looking for remaining guerillas with no luck, we were ready to leave again, and this local suddenly runs out of a building yelling and firing his gun in the air. After we shot him, it was mission accomplished and we could move on to the settlement.

Great work. A lot of waiting in the last mission.

- The first time we did it, we got sick of waiting and waiting and waiting for an available helicopter (can't board until the helicopter starts up?). So we hopped in an unlocked Humvee with a Mk 19 grenade launcher (and 2 other crew members) and drove out to the village to carry out the rest of the mission. We rode out in the helicopter the second time around after waiting a long while before the helos started up and were able to transport us.

- After seeming to clear out all the insurgents and eliminating the armour, we waited around for ever. The first time, we sat around with nothing to do so we just left the village (so mission not accomplished) for the settlement. The second time

A full 10-15 minutes wandering around looking for remaining guerillas with no luck, we were ready to leave again, and this local suddenly runs out of a building yelling and firing his gun in the air. After we shot him, it was mission accomplished and we could move on to the settlement.

Well you need to follow the waypoints. Then the helicopter startsup. I think you play on a higher level then regular? waypoint is near the first helipad. I will change it in the next build.

Well the objective is to clear the village. So all the time there was a local? no takistani or gurillia?

And BIS improved the ai I think so they are harder to find. I didn't put one in the house so I think it was his shelter. :j:

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Well you need to follow the waypoints. Then the helicopter startsup. I think you play on a higher level then regular? waypoint is near the first helipad. I will change it in the next build.

Well the objective is to clear the village. So all the time there was a local? no takistani or gurillia?

And BIS improved the ai I think so they are harder to find. I didn't put one in the house so I think it was his shelter. :j:

We were playing in Recruit.

We went to the waypoint, waited around nothing going on. We also visited the various choppers on the tarmac, trying to board. We couldn't get into the UH-60 which had a crew ready and waiting, no luck, we got into a couple of littlebirds, again nothing. Checked out the Chinhook at the end, but couldn't get in. Finally the UH-60 lifted off (we thought without us!), and then we noticed the littlebird with its rotors running. We ran into it, hopped onto the skids with 2 others and did the insertion.

We had cleared the village of maybe some 15 insurgents. The last remaining guerilla was armed with an AK or PK. He ran out into the street among the 4 of us firing his gun in the air. He appeared out of the main intersection in the town, across from a parked bus, a full 10-15 minutes after we had cleared out the rest of the insurgents.

Still good missions ... just needed lots of patience for the last mission (lots of running at the end!). I liked the counter sniper mission too!

Edited by MissionCreep

We were playing in Recruit.

We went to the waypoint, waited around nothing going on. We also visited the various choppers on the tarmac, trying to board. We couldn't get into the UH-60 which had a crew ready and waiting, no luck, we got into a couple of littlebirds, again nothing. Checked out the Chinhook at the end, but couldn't get in. Finally the UH-60 lifted off (we thought without us!), and then we noticed the littlebird with its rotors running. We ran into it, hopped onto the skids with 2 others and did the insertion.

We had cleared the village of maybe some 15 insurgents. The last remaining guerilla was armed with an AK or PK. He ran out into the street among the 4 of us firing his gun in the air. He appeared out of the main intersection in the town, across from a parked bus, a full 10-15 minutes after we had cleared out the rest of the insurgents.

Still good missions ... just needed lots of patience for the last mission (lots of running at the end!). I liked the counter sniper mission too!

I'm glad it worked eventually. It's indeed the littlebird you need to have (by the rearm truck). Allready fixed it for the next build. (no waypoint, but now trigger)

It's possible that some hostiles walks in and out of the trigger area, because they walk a patrol or running away for you and comming back later.

I will look at it for the next build. Have some nice intros allready :)

Glad you liked it.

I have a question for you guys...

Do your prefer a more storytelling based campaign (like cutscenes) or a campaign more focused on gameplay and missions?

At the moment i'm bussy with my new build and have a lot of great ideas. But I wanne know what you guys aspect from a good campaign...

Greetz, Thats_Life 2.0

Hi and thank for your work,

But I'm not sure to understand. Could you give some example?

Both is not possible?

I enjoyed you campaign very much!

To answer your question, I think all of us would prefer both ;)

Well both is possible offcourse.

But what I mean is, are you guys really wanthing the cutscenes or do you just skip it away.

Because it's a lot off work to make a 'nice' one.

So what I want to know is, do I need to concentrate more on the missions so you have great (large scale) and good playable missions in the campaign.

Or do you appreciate a good story and want to understand the story?

Offcourse I try to do both, but wanne know if it is importent enough to make a good story.

Maby it's a dump question, but I know/read, some people just skip it.

Ok, i see.

For me, i like good playable missions but i need to "feel" the story, characters and others and generally cutscene help a lot for that. But i can understand that it's not easy to do.

So yes, i would enjoy cutscenes if possible.

Operation Dutch has been updated to version 1.03 hotfix.

Campaign picture didn't show up at start. Strange that nobody has mentioned that :confused:

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

I have a question for you guys...

Do your prefer a more storytelling based campaign (like cutscenes) or a campaign more focused on gameplay and missions?

At the moment i'm bussy with my new build and have a lot of great ideas. But I wanne know what you guys aspect from a good campaign...

Greetz, Thats_Life 2.0

Really liked this campaign.

I prefer interesting/challenging missions with lots of action, twists and turns (eg just as you think you are safe or all is quiet, something shocking/sudden/memorable happens) rather than cut scenes and elaborate storyline. But that's just me.

Edited by MissionCreep

Really liked this campaign.

I prefer interesting/challenging missions with lots of action, twists and turns (eg just as you think you are safe or all is quiet, something shocking/sudden/memorable happens) rather than cut scenes and elaborate storyline. But that's just me.

Thanks missioncreep,

At the moment I'm doing both. Cutscenes and i'm trying to make good missions. It's going to be a lot more work then the first build.

I trying to give you al a good story driven experience, with enough action and variety. Not from waypoint to waypoint. And new stuff that's also new for me ;)

I'm very impressed from one of the introscenes. Looking very nice.

And for you and offcourse many others a allready have a nice change in one of the missions.

It's gonna be more and more. It's going slow, but maby because i'm in sort off a perfectionist :p

I like good story driven campaigns, but need to know what the community wants..

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Slight problem. After I select the campaign and select a difficulty, the game hangs forcing me to close the game. Normal missions work as well as the few other player missions I have. I tried to use the campaign in both ARMA2 and OA, same result.

Any ideas?