Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Chechen Rebels

I have just downloaded these Chechens today, and put them on the editor, and I do not know why, but mine have no beard and look more Scandinavian than Chechens. There is even a blonde guy with sunglases and i think he has a ponny tail.

At least they do not look like the guys in the picture at the beginning of the thread.

What am i doing wrong? do i need any other addon to change the faces?

I guess today it's not my day, i tried to find BI forums in google and ended up by error in a website for bi-curious people....

Well, at least it's weekend ;)

Edited by -=Borz=-

I have just downloaded these Chechens today, and put them on the editor, and I do not know why, but mine have no beard and lool more Scandinavian than Chechens. there is even a blonde guy with sunglases.

They do not look like the guys in the picture at the beginning of the thread.

What am i doing wrong? do i need any other addon to change the faces?

I guess today it's not my day, i tried to find BI forums in google and ended up by error in a website for bi-curious people....

Well, at least it's weekend ;)

and what do caucasians look like ?

Haters. Another update.

Chechen Rebels v1.4

• Changed the loadout of the Saboteur
  • Added a new commander guy (Warlord) wearing an Afghanka Bushlat
  • Added black balaclavas to some of the units
  • Minor texture changes

You unit addon more similar to Chechen Rebels.

But:

Afghanka Bushlat low texture looks bad.

This better Rebel units on the OPFOR camo http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/arma2factions/chdkz-soldier.png and balaclava.

propose a variant of ordinary civilian clothes and mingled camouflage outerwear, bottom (pants) civil and vice versa at the beginning of the war they were dressed as militia.

On a hat red star, Chechen Rebels

do not wear them, you need a flag of Chechnya (Ichkeria),instead of the red star http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB:Flag_of_the_Chechen_Republic_of_Ichkeria_%28with_COA%29.svg

and may make his beard is longer?

Edited by Andy Mcnab

and what do caucasians look like ?

I have been to several parts of caucasus, including Mt Elbrus, and know perfectly how chechens look like.

All I am saying is that due to some error the guys I have downloaded are not the chechens who appear in the pictures at the beggining of the thread, and they do look scandinavian, that is all.

this is what chechens figthers do look like:

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/photo/mas_muja/

and the example below is an Scandinavian man (probably non-fighter):

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=scandinavian+people&hl=es&biw=1366&bih=520&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=aFPZgzNvPwa8uM:&imgrefurl=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%253Ft%253D135806611%2526page%253D4&docid=RekeMa63mSltRM&w=500&h=323&ei=SjtGTqnXAY2yhAe-rLm8Bg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=428&page=2&tbnh=121&tbnw=187&start=24&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:24&tx=106&ty=35

Do you get the difference, wise man? Thanks for the anthropology lesson

Edited by -=Borz=-

I do not know that I do not like their faces are normal, an aquiline nose, they do not like the Vikings, the Chechens are not Arabs.

Haters. Another update.

Chechen Rebels v1.4

• Changed the loadout of the Saboteur
  • Added a new commander guy (Warlord) wearing an Afghanka Bushlat
  • Added black balaclavas to some of the units
  • Minor texture changes

Thanks for your update colonel. :cool:

There are 14 faces in the pack. ARMA uses randomised faces on the units. Not all of them will look like those in the picture. Bushlat texture could be improved but as these are RESKINS I cannot change the models of the soldiers OR THE FACES. Including the red star on the beret. I have other stuff to work on at the moment and it will do for now.

Looking quality mate no use for chechens in any of my mission so far but if I do these will be very useful.

I have been to several parts of caucasus, including Mt Elbrus, and know perfectly how chechens look like.

All I am saying is that due to some error the guys I have downloaded are not the chechens who appear in the pictures at the beggining of the thread, and they do look scandinavian, that is all.

this is what chechens figthers do look like:

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/photo/mas_muja/

and the example below is an Scandinavian man (probably non-fighter):

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=scandinavian+people&hl=es&biw=1366&bih=520&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=aFPZgzNvPwa8uM:&imgrefurl=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%253Ft%253D135806611%2526page%253D4&docid=RekeMa63mSltRM&w=500&h=323&ei=SjtGTqnXAY2yhAe-rLm8Bg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=428&page=2&tbnh=121&tbnw=187&start=24&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:24&tx=106&ty=35

Do you get the difference, wise man? Thanks for the anthropology lesson

there are several foreign arab fighters in this photo, want me to show you some blond chechen fighters ?

there are several foreign arab fighters in this photo, want me to show you some blond chechen fighters ?

I know there are and there have been some arab fighters fighting with the chechens, sucgh as Amir Khattab. And I know htere are chechen fighters with lighter hair colour, i.e. Dokka Umarov, the Emir of the caucasus and current leader of mujahedeen fighters has red hair.

Again, I am telling you I know how chechens are, and the units I have downloaded are not the chechens in the picture of this thread. That is all I said.

Peace ;)

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

There are 14 faces in the pack. ARMA uses randomised faces on the units. Not all of them will look like those in the picture. Bushlat texture could be improved but as these are RESKINS I cannot change the models of the soldiers OR THE FACES. Including the red star on the beret. I have other stuff to work on at the moment and it will do for now.

thanks for the info man, I did not know that. The units are great :)

I just though i was having some sort of problem installing the addon because the face in the units did not look like in the picture.

At no point I said any negative comments about the units, the uniforms are greatly done. I was just answering Sam 75 not to teach lessons of anthropology to an anthropologist, whose area of interest is Ichkeria and Caucasus, and the message got misunderstood.

Sorry and thanks ;)

Edited by -=Borz=-

Looking at that picture. Id say that the addon is pretty much spot on for generic Chechen Militants. I also watched Proriv, Voyna, and The Storm Gate for inspiration. Not the best films for historical accuracy I know, but still.

Looking at that picture. Id say that the addon is pretty much spot on for generic Chechen Militants. I also watched Proriv, Voyna, and The Storm Gate for inspiration. Not the best films for historical accuracy I know, but still.

The units appearing in the 2 pictures at the begining of the thread are amazing, I would say second to none. I love anyone who does something related to chechenya.

Very well done, and thanks for the time you invested on making these chechen guys.

Borz (chechen for wolf)

aquiline nose author has already done, the only thing you can do probably wider nose and lower part of the nose for a compromise, if possible

great mod if you ever find time to update how about less ak-47's an more ak/aks 74's? that seems to have been the more prevalent rifle than ak/akm. they seem to almost always have the GP GL's on them. maybe a rpg-18 on one or two of em. an more packs an backpacks.

Haters. Another update. Your requests. I grant them.

Chechen Rebels v1.5

I updated features and added new ones as per requests from over the past 6 months. Sorry I didnt do them sooner. I was working on SG_GRU.

• Added several units in civilian clothes (under Armed Civilians just like as in BIS NAPA faction) with AKMs, AKS74s and a mix of civilian clothing, flora, woodland, Smog, and Birch. All with beards or balaclavas.
  • Changed Sapper model to have VSR pants.
  • Changed Afghanka texture on Warlord to be darker, added Chechen flag patch on breast pocket. Sorry but I really cant change the beret model.
  • All units can now carry OA backpacks. But it wont be shown on the model, I dont have access to the MLODs to add this. Sorry.

Rapidshare Download Link

Thanks lads, hang those beardy islamists high as usual. ;)

Stag.

Chechen security forces? No I havent TBH. May be a next step.

I have this question arose: Where have you seen these Chechens? The screenshots are not Chechens, but rather the contractors of the Russian army ... You should have used YouTube, and then the name does not match what they see. If you somnivaetes in my words, you can poke a nose, just let the forum moderator will understand why I can not attach a video from YouTube to your post.

Edited by Bondarchuk

Chechen security forces? No I havent TBH. May be a next step.

well ever need info or ideas feel free to ask. i know a good bit about the conflicts in the north caucasus an the players involved.