Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 74858

For some reason, with this beta patch, when I alt-tab out of the game and then tab back in, it almost always insta-crashes, sometimes with the error you can see in the extract for my RPT below.

Getting the same errors as other guys here, I've found out.

RPT:

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -ShowScriptErrors -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=2 "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\BAF;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/01 19:10:41

Current time: 2010/11/04 18:39:13

Version 1.55.74858

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Updating base class ->ReammoBox, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgVehicles/WeaponHolder/

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

ErrorMessage: Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB

RAM: 2GB DDR2

Anyone else getting this? Only been getting it since I stalled this particular beta. :confused:

Edited by Zipper5
Changed the noobishness

Read the thread replies, Zipper5 ;)

There are lots of people with the same problem...

Yeah, ST, I just realized that. That is why I fail, and why I should always read the posts before mine. Sorry. :p

With this beta patch I got many CTD's too. It doesn't change anything if I'm playing only with default A2+OA or with mods/addons.

The AI has still many issues in combat, driving in convoy, flying and maneuver in low altitudes etc.

With this beta patch I got many CTD's too. It doesn't change anything if I'm playing only with default A2+OA or with mods/addons.

The AI has still many issues in combat, driving in convoy, flying and maneuver in low altitudes etc.

Same here. Back to the previous beta for now.

Same here. Back to the previous beta for now.

Yep heading back to previous beta, this one is CTD city.:confused:

everyone who has CTD with this beta build please email me your arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp and arma2oa.rpt (compressed ideally by 7zip)

thanks

Also an old issue (now with pics and repro mission). This damn "auto stand feature" while crawling besides low walls have gotten me killed many times so a gentle reminder so it's not forgotten ;)

Now crawl forward 1 m and you will automaticly stand up!?

I find that problem to be particularly annoying as well.

everyone who has CTD with this beta build please email me your arma2oa.mdmp and arma2oa.bidmp and arma2oa.rpt (compressed ideally by 7zip)

thanks

Sure, but where do i find these files?

Sure, but where do i find these files?

if you use windows 7

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

not 100% sure about XP, search for a better answer if you need to

Under XP they should be located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA

It's a hidden folder so you'll either have to unhide all hidden folders, or manually navigate to it by editing the address line in the explorer window.

Both loss of focus and game hangs due application switching seems to be back in force with this beta. Editor in -window mode.

Ok deleted old post I was in a sick mood :P.

I got stuck on a rock and kept bouncing up and down thought this was fixed or is it per rock thing and I should have got location of the rock?.

Edited by stk2008

We have found an increase with FPS on this release when running on the server. However what is very annoying is that the server is now reported patched to 1.55 and I cannot role back the server to a 1.54 start through the command line.

This appears to be a patch not a beta ????

In addition our server is reporting its running 74860 which I presume is the server.exe version ?

Appears clients have to run uninstall the beta from the BETA folder AND you have to find the uninstalloapatch.exe as well, its 2 different things. Hopefully we can get this done on the server.

A warning next time would be nice....

Edited by UGLY58

A few things which I just noticed now:

- If you put a Mountain Bike in the editor as player, you will notice, as soon as you "start" the non-existent engine, the cam starts to shake.

- Zavarak is called Zavarak1 (Takistan)

- Kameny is called Kamenyy (Utes)

Edited by Fireball

Since the new beta isn't playable online with older server versions I'm gonna be out of the beta patch testing loop until an official patch comes, hopefully soon. I can't update to the beta our server (I never have run the beta on our server) as it would kick the random public that we need so badly.

We too cannot afford any more beta tests. It takes ages to reupload the server files remotely...

We too cannot afford any more beta tests. It takes ages to reupload the server files remotely...

Just curious, why does it take ages to upload your local beta folder (packed with 7z for example) to your server ?

Or are you talking about uploading the complete game data again ?

Beta patches do not overwrite the normal game data, the only difference with the latest beta patch is that it has a higher version number because it is not compatible with 1.54 vanilla anymore.

Xeno

(...)

Yeah, a warning would have been of help.

Maybe because of no warning the gaming statistic report only about a 500 gamers each night online now?

Before a three weeks or so it was regurlarly about 1800 each night.

Yeah, a warning would have been of help.
The main version number for this beta patch was updated to 1.55 (instead of 1.54).

So you are not able to play on 1.54 servers with this patch anymore.

Xeno

Third post on the first page.