Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 74858

I have a major problem with what I guess is texture loading with this beta patch.

Have trees flashing between normal and large square blocks, same with cars flipping between very basic with no detail at all, not even interiors, then to normal and back again, same with houses, and sometimes units too.

I haven't the best of systems, and have got some delay in loading some textures, but nothing as bad as it is now.

Core 2 duo 2.13mhz

2 Gig Ram

Nvidia Geforce 9800GT

Vista 64bit

24 Gig free HDD space.

Game settings

Everything set to normal other than...

Antialising & anisotropic Low, PP Effects very high, view distance 1600, 3d resolution 1080x675.

Never tried beta patches before, so don't know how good they normally are.

Seems this "buffer too small" bug is related to the "receiving" bug;

never had that before but now I get it before the system locks up.

Ah well, back to 74630 :)

I also have a performance drop of around 10 fps. Benchmarking using scenario 8 run 5 times with each patch. This is compared to the last official patch. For me the performance has been lower for the last few betas. Specs are irrelevant as they are a constant with the only variable being betas in the equation.

Agreed. I've noticed a hit in FPS performance.
"A hit" is a nice euphemism, it turned from 30 to 15 for me, means unplayable. Deleting both .cfg did nothing to help with that, nor did lowering the settings to default high (was very high before)

It seem more that this betas does not like the system anymore that ArmA II & OA ran pretty good on since release.

Additionaly the game gives me a failure message everytime I end it with a crashlog.

Edited by Ulanthorn

if your game is crashing please provide crashdumps ...

if your game is crashing please provide crashdumps ...
Will do, just can't do it right now as im at work ;)

I previously ran the game without a page-file and all was solid and reliable (6 Gigs, x64 OS).

Since the last build, I've got the 'receiving' screen for the first time and out-of-memory crashes. Performance with 74630 is okay for me at lower VDs, as long as I turn the page-file back on.

Haven't tried 74858 so far.

Constant CTD

Easy to reproduce

Launch Benchmark 01 (or E08) -> Alt+ Tab, back to game = always CTD

Game settings:

- View Distance : 1600

- Texture: Normal

- Video Memory: Very High

- Anisotropic filtering: Very High

- Antialias: off

- Objects and Terrain detail: Normal

- Shadow detail: High

- Post Process: off

- HDR : Normal

- Vsync : Off

Resolution and 3D Resolution 1280 X 1024

Edited by EricFr
Game settings

Have trees flashing between normal and large square blocks, same with cars flipping between very basic with no detail at all, not even interiors, then to normal and back again, same with houses, and sometimes units too.

Same for me... I tried all the beta but never had this problem before .. :confused:

Systems settings:

- Intel Core I5 750

- 4 GBytes Ram 2 X 2 GBytes Dual Channel

- Zotac Nvidia GeForceGTX 275 896 MBytes

- Windows Seven 64bit

Game settings:

- Texture: High

- Video Memory: High

- Anisotropic filtering: High

- Antialias: Normal

- Objects and Terrain detail: Normal

- Shadow detail: High

- Post Process: High

Resolution and 3D Resolution 1600 X 1200

Arma II + Operation Arrowhead + BAF

Still no names in action menu of spawned units in multiplayer and the voice still is slowed down.

Someone please can confirm this?

My post in the old "Beta Patch" thread.

A bit hard to test/confirm this one since Beta 74858 is not compatible with 1.54 servers and currently I have no way to put up a server myself, lets hope someone else can confirm.

Had some more time last night with Beta 74858 and even if I cant provide any hard numbers I also took a hit in FPS. Performance wise Beta 74630 is one of the better ones for my specific rig but I do like the improved tree LOD's :)

System:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.40 GHz

- 2 x 1 GB RAM @ 1066 MHz

- nVidia GTX 260 896 MB (Driver 191.07 WHQL)

- Windows XP Pro

Command line parameters:

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -bepath=client1 -name=KeyCat

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Also for me this 74858 seems to have little more shuttering than previous betas. I havent spotted any new bugs. The dogs never bark with sound, but maybe thats not very big deal. :)

The issues with AI flying are still there. And BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission gives an error even when it works normally.

The error:

_spawnDist = 6;

if (_virtualShell) then

{

if (BIS_ARTY_D>

Error position: <if (_virtualShell) then

{

if (BIS_ARTY_D>

Error if: Type Object, expected Bool

File ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_ShellFlight.sqf, line 71

Here is the crashdump I get every time the beta version is ended using usual GUI menu. Perrformance still abyssmal and plain unplayable even after complete deletion of ArmA2 folder in "my files".

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<DATABASE>

<EXE NAME="arma2oa.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="arma2oa.exe" SIZE="12344456" CHECKSUM="0xF29CC070" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.55.74.858" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.74.858" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.0.74858" FILE_DESCRIPTION="ArmA 2 OA" COMPANY_NAME="Bohemia Interactive" PRODUCT_NAME="ArmA 2 OA" FILE_VERSION="1.55" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ArmA2OA" INTERNAL_NAME="ArmA2OA" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © BIS 1996-2010" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xBD0485" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.55.74.858" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.74.858" LINK_DATE="11/01/2010 14:12:13" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/01/2010 14:12:13" VER_LANGUAGE="Englisch (USA) [0x409]" />

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="arma2oaserver.exe" SIZE="10587272" CHECKSUM="0x8F112C48" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.55.74.860" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.74.860" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.0.74860" FILE_DESCRIPTION="ArmA 2 OA" COMPANY_NAME="Bohemia Interactive" PRODUCT_NAME="ArmA 2 OA" FILE_VERSION="1.55" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ArmA2OA" INTERNAL_NAME="ArmA2OA" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © BIS 1996-2010" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xA210EF" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.55.74.860" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.55.74.860" LINK_DATE="11/01/2010 14:23:54" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/01/2010 14:23:54" VER_LANGUAGE="Englisch (USA) [0x409]" />

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="uninstall_oa_beta.exe" SIZE="584840" CHECKSUM="0x1F0AC7D7" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x9309C" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="06/22/2010 11:43:44" UPTO_LINK_DATE="06/22/2010 11:43:44" />

</EXE>

<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1063424" CHECKSUM="0xD288FF05" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Client-DLL für Windows NT-Basis-API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090321-1317)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x106D93" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />

</EXE>

</DATABASE>

I have installed this beta,and when i start,i become this fail message

"addon 'CA_Missions' requires addon 'CAlanguage missions'",and so many text miss from the menu,and the game.

Any idea,how can i fix?

I am also having stability issues with this beta (all others have been fine).

Crashes intermittent but often when alt-tab when in editor or in-game (never had this before). Also crashes near constant when changing video options in-game .. soon as I select an option from drop down Istead of black screen and receiving message it bombs to a CTD, although the change I made has updated to my graphics settings once I load back up and view it. Nvidia 260.99 related?

I run 16:10 .. I wonder if this is down to new setting options, all my profile is the same.

Both scenario crashdumps I have zipped and emailed to Dwarden with full info / spec / versions etc etc. specifically cleared all crash dumps, went into game loaded map, added units then alt tabbed ... caused the crash and saved that dump set, then cleared. Same again but went to video options to make a change so it CTD'd and included those fresh files into 1 zip.

I note that reverting to previous beta and I dont have this issue without changing any profile settings or files, video options work fine and alt tabbing while mission editing last night using old beta for over 3 or more hours was fine, latest beta = crash pretty much every other alt-tab. I also find LOD loading fairly unstable ... it just "Feels" a little unstable. I have reverted back to previous beta for now.

EDIT: OK ... thanks, emailed as of 9:15 GMT

Edited by mrcash2009
fixed

That is almost the right address (remove "s" -> bistudio.com), mrcash2009. Or that I´ve used to send crashbumbs. :)

Edited by SaOk

I am also having stability issues with this beta (all others have been fine).

Crashes intermittent but often when alt-tab when in editor or in-game

Yeah, confirmed. My memory may be fragmented right now, but I got several crashes switching from windowed to fullscreen and also the other way. Doesn't crash with a windowed editor, so it seems to be very sensitive to doing alt-tabs in full screen.

Alt-tabbing from windowed editor is super stable. No more lockups and I can do it all the time without being afraid of a lockup. Loss of focus however, seems to be back (with this and previous beta) with a vengeance. Incredibly annoying.

Any point of sending dumps? Seems to be covered already by others.

I had a crash in game after being wounded, never had that with previous betas, somethings amiss with this one.

A suggestion about the 'Stealth' stance:

Can you make it so that AI with 'stealth' stance doesn't go prone when not engaged in combat or given an order to go prone.

Because it takes way too much time for AI to make it through even 100m of enemy-free space because they constantly go prone and it doesn't make sense too because they'll just get up 3 seconds later. It also looks silly.

It would make perfect sense in a combat stance because it means that soldiers are already fighting but not in stealth (and f. e. they can always get an order to go prone from the player when needed).

:sleep: ...

Is that a report that Beta bug is causing boredom? :)

@Metalcraze:

Because it takes way too much time for AI to make it through even 100m of enemy-free space because they constantly go prone
Id say that's more based on a request than report about this particular beta, although to be honest for that situation why not try "Hold Fire" & "Stay Crouched" combined with "Danger" (cautious movement) or stick with "aware" (quick movement). Or in stealth simply set them to stay crouched.

Kind of what you want without effecting stealth. Stealth use (to me) is not really suited for moving through that sort of space length, stay crouched and holding fire as aware covers that for me. Stealth I mainly use when very near to enemy positions, with a combination of with go prone/stay crouched.

Edited by mrcash2009

Can we please have a official e-mail adress where to send crashlogs to?

I have lots of them for 74630 and 74858.

Dwardens forum profile does got give a e-mail, nor does the beta test thread give one.

A suggestion about the 'Stealth' stance:

Can you make it so that AI with 'stealth' stance doesn't go prone when not engaged in combat or given an order to go prone.

Because it takes way too much time for AI to make it through even 100m of enemy-free space because they constantly go prone and it doesn't make sense too because they'll just get up 3 seconds later. It also looks silly.

It would make perfect sense in a combat stance because it means that soldiers are already fighting but not in stealth (and f. e. they can always get an order to go prone from the player when needed).

Just use Formation Delta;)

try my forumname @ bistudio.com