Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

W.I.P US C.L.S (Combat Logistics Support)Vehicle Pack

I think that a openable ramp will be great.

And a cargo system wont be too much... ?

Good work !

i could try the animation for the skirt if you like. just p.m. me and let me know .

Read through, F2F said it'll have proper cargo scripts.

Good to see you decided to pick up Sgt. Flyer's project, seems it landed in proper hands.

for all who are looking for a time frame, sorry i can't be exact, due to the amount of work we have on our plate, i would like to introduce at least 3 working models into arma around the 1st week of Jan 11' it all depends on how much we can get done if anyone feels they can legitimately help to move this along, we would appreciate the help, we are doing this for you guys so this game can thrive... i and the rest of our Dev team would like only serious inquires, we don't want any Snatch and runs...with our work......but if your serious feel free to PM me ...

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

For all who are wondering why i have removed all the images, asked Wolle for help and he decided to start whinning so ... we know where it was headed.. i will re up the images in a smaller looking thru a microscope format sorry gents....

F2F_BHO

I tinkered a little bit with Sgt Flyer's project a couple of months ago and I had a working config for it that uses a particular line of config.

If you look into the config.cpp inside the dta/bin folder you will see that the car class has a config line that says

waterSpeedFactor = 0.2;

I tinkered with that value

and set the LCAC with these values

maxSpeed = 30;
waterSpeedFactor = 90.0;

These means that the LCAC (set inheriting from the Car class) can move over land at 30 Kph and over water at around 90 Kph.

I tried to do it with Tank class but it didn't work. This way scripting can be completely avoided for the LCAC to move faster over water than over land.

Hope it helps

And I hope someone makes the EFV, it is the last point of the OTH (over the horizaon) trident of the USMC. (LCAC, OSPREY and EFV)

Nice, every little bit helps. thanks we'll certainly look into it

No, the EFV is the New version of the USMC's AAVP7A1 Amphibious Assault vehicle, it has been under development for the better part of 15 -20 years, When i was in Tracks they where just starting to fool around with the new designs, we had just gotten the UPGWS, and reactive armor for the hogs just before desert storm and not all units had them only units deploying on westpacs had the new upgrades

Edited by F2F_BHO

just an update , we kinda got off track , with the LCAC , have a 2 day work week this week so i will be back on this Tues night... we appreciate all the info and interest given on this project ....

ScreenHunter_05Dec111127-1.gif

ScreenHunter_02Dec170027-1.gif

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Our Goal is to get this mod in a Beta state by the 1st week of Jan 11 with at least 3 vehicles in a ready state, we started with a light amount of vehicles and objects and it has grown considerably as we have progressed thru this into a full on features driven mod, with active logistics type scripting from around the community. We stripped down the scripts and improved alot of things in how they work trying to make them efficient and bug free. this has been one hell of an endeavor but well worth it as we have learned alot about the Arma community.

Edited by F2F_BHO

Very very nice

Eager to try the LCAC

I have in my HD the version that Sgt Flyer released and I think it has a very big potential for Capture the Island missions

USMC vs Entrenched OPFOR in an island could be very very interesting

Also very useful for Multi island maps

True , this is falling into our ultimate goal of of MP campaigns that envelope multiple islands , but this is a wish as we do not know or think islands can be linked like that ... err just not sure but it would be very very very nice

what are they the 3 vehicules ? i'm very exited by your project !

M104 Wolverine, Sgt_flyers Updated LCAC(Hopefully), and the M1070 HET these are the closest to being done,, but we still have alot to do so all is still kind of a projection....

oki and what about the scripting of the wolverine and HET ? because in the ugaf team we have a fire support group and i think it can be great to have these beast work correctly ;)

Another developer was gracious enough to allow us to look at their tractor trailer script and we will be basing ours off that , as for the M104 thats a new beast we will have to see what happens on that and adjust from there.

FYI, I've near perfected my C185 Floatplane. The scripts and extra addons used for it are perfect for the LCAC.

Need any assistance in that area, let me know.

Déjà vu ..... how many time have I now worked on LCAC projects lol !

@Gnat any and all assistance is welcome, we are eager to get this out.... but it must be quality work..... as this is our first real public mod we want it to shine :)

@F2F BHO- I absolutely understand where you're coming from about wanting an excellent addon before releasing it to the public for the first time.....but you do realize who Gnat is right? LOL. I wouldn't testify in court to this, but I don't ever remember Gnat releasing a "bad" addon.

Keep up the good work guys, will be a great addition to the game.

Roger, That ...i wasn't implying he made crappy product..lol just in general ..... meaning i didn't want to realese garbage to the community in an unfinished or semi finished state.. like so many others

Btw ... after a few tweaks this is the model we decided to go with ...so no major changes with the textures finished so far, scripting and finishing up in O2...

Final_M104Clayrender.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

the spade is going to be ascetic for now. we will work on that on the next realease..when we know everything works as expected

Edited by F2F_BHO

looking great guys...this is one of my top/most watched projects...this opens many doors for realisim and gives many ppl a chance to have an effective online clan..that like in rl can substain its self in combat operations!

btw, if you guys need anymore help or anything at all from me your more then welcome to come find me...and incase i fogot to mention to u F2F_BHO, everything i sent to you guys is yours to freely use and edit, no need to ask permissions or anything on my part, just in ur credits mention Deanosbeano, as he made everything i sent you guys come togather, but you guys have full rights from mybehalf to do as you please, and it is my honor to finally beable to contribute to someone elses work lol!!! oh and if you wish\have time too you guys can finish up my BigRigs and release as part of your project...but then again after your amazing BigRigs get released mine will not even compare to your alsome models and skills lmao! goodluck fella'scant wait to see this alsome mod in-game..cause iv been dieing for an LCAC, and Tractor-Trailers!

Dave,

@soldier2390, had a good look at your mod today and it looks really good, i am waiting to see if our scripting Guru is aval tonight , so i can fwd it to him and see if we can get that turn issue fixed..nice job it should help us tremendously... good looking out

... but I don't ever remember Gnat releasing a "bad" addon.

lol Thanks. So long as its not texturing, I ok'isk ;)

.. meaning i didn't want to realese garbage to the community in an unfinished or semi finished state.. like so many others

No problem at all, but I will remind anyone involved in addon making, there is a HUGE graveyard out there!

Over the years there is a LONG list of addons and WIP and smaller Mod groups who never released just one item of all those lovely things they displayed.

Why?

- Aiming too high and too big

- A list of proposed items and features too long

- Wanting feature the game engine cant offer

- People loosing interest in the mod

- People loosing interest in the game!

It happens, but I'm not suggesting youre a candidate.

Good Luck.

F2F_BHO

I tinkered a little bit with Sgt Flyer's project a couple of months ago and I had a working config for it that uses a particular line of config.

If you look into the config.cpp inside the dta/bin folder you will see that the car class has a config line that says

waterSpeedFactor = 0.2;

I tinkered with that value

and set the LCAC with these values

maxSpeed = 30;
waterSpeedFactor = 90.0;

These means that the LCAC (set inheriting from the Car class) can move over land at 30 Kph and over water at around 90 Kph.

I tried to do it with Tank class but it didn't work. This way scripting can be completely avoided for the LCAC to move faster over water than over land.

Hope it helps

And I hope someone makes the EFV, it is the last point of the OTH (over the horizaon) trident of the USMC. (LCAC, OSPREY and EFV)

Did you rember

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#canFloat

canFloat = true;

Of course I remembered to add the

canfloat = true;

line.

Actually this is what I have as a last version.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUWH02X8

Unfortunately the AI is not able to move. Only players can. Don't know why. Done this way a non scripted solutions works for having a working hovercraft that travels faster over water than over land

In the editor you can find it under West/Ships

@Gnat.. we are taking our time and trying to keep our heads on straight about the limitations of the game etc.. hopefully all of this will strike and interest with BI to improve their engine and allow for further dev by the community.. so we can add better mods to the game -battle Sim