Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

W.I.P US C.L.S (Combat Logistics Support)Vehicle Pack

@Soul - PRACS has permission because wld427 got it, and atleast one artillery model is already ingame and works like a charm. Yes, it was possible he had done the same, or bought them, but since the model and others are scattered over various "freeware" sites it seemed there was a greater chance of one of them being used.

@F2F BHO -

I apologize for overreacting a bit, but you should understand that since those models were stolen many years back and spread around the net there was a big chance you had gotten it from one of those sites. I have nothing against you or your work, and I am extremely supportive of new content, as long as it is legal. Thanks for clearing it up.

I wish you luck with your projects, especially the M107 HEB, as nobody has created a working bridge system yet. As for the HEMTT do you plan on creating a version without the trailer?

i don't know , what i plan on doing at this point, i was highly discouraged this morning after reading the post.

@ Soul Assassin- it seems just about every post i have run into you in , you seem to be very negative, and i don't have to spell out anything to anyone until i am good and ready, when the project is done , and works then the proper credit will be given to the creators of any models, scripts or whatever i use @ that time and not before.

i am not sure if this mod will work as a whole. as for my Rim 116 that was made before i understood the complexities of moving models between O2 and 3ds, i now have a better understanding of that and i made the HP version, and i can also make the LP version as well, cause i made it and its mine so i will get it into game just a matter of time...so for you to say you don't think it will make it , says alot about you and how negative your comments are around the community, i still expect more from a person who has been around OFP and Arma as long as you have been.. so i guess now i must throw this in your face and finish it and it work and then just say Ha..... and just take your comments for what they are really worth .

@ Soul Assassin- it seems just about every post i have run into you in , you seem to be very negative, and i don't have to spell out anything to anyone until i am good and ready, when the project is done , and works then the proper credit will be given to the creators of any models, scripts or whatever i use @ that time and not before.

i am not sure if this mod will work as a whole. as for my Rim 116 that was made before i understood the complexities of moving models between O2 and 3ds, i now have a better understanding of that and i made the HP version, and i can also make the LP version as well, cause i made it and its mine so i will get it into game just a matter of time...so for you to say you don't think it will make it , says alot about you and how negative your comments are around the community, i still expect more from a person who has been around OFP and Arma as long as you have been.. so i guess now i must throw this in your face and finish it and it work and then just say Ha..... and just take your comments for what they are really worth .

dude what negative? I just said that it indeed looked like DeEspona model (which is true) and that you will have major problems putting it in (also true) and further described the areas in detail in which you will have problems, based on my own extensive experience. Im sorry if I hit some kind of nerve but I really havnt pointed out anything that is not true here.

so i will get it into game just a matter of time...so for you to say you don't think it will make it , says alot about you and how negative your comments are around the community

:confused:

{ ∀ "sentences" : "I don't think" ∈ "sentence" } ⇒ { "sentence" ≡ "negative sentence" } ??

and what is the community got to do with anything? Because I ask questions and raise doubts, should not impact the community in any way.

i still expect more from a person who has been around OFP and Arma as long as you have been

ok ok I promise, next screenshot I will jump up and down and clap my hands :yay::p then I will call deEspona and we will go drink beer all night to celebrate. j/k :D don't take these comments for more than they are worth. They are really not worth anything.

Rog ,, its all good . no Hate on my end. its just a game right..........

hey me and a buddy of mine(well ok all my buddy..but ya know) made my tractor trailer work ingame, by making able to turn and its quite hard to do unless your a god of scripting so if you need sum help with that i can send ya my model and you can go throw it and try to re-create\see how my buddy did it! and if you still need help with it ill ask if he can help get your model ingame aswell!

but yeah my addon was suppost to see the light of day, specially after all the work deanosbeano did on it, but i got too busy with rl and lost interest in it! but however if you or anyone wants to help it out or finish it for me with full credits to anyone who chooses to help of course. its already ingame, but could use new textures and work in that whole department. and could use OA upgrades!

@F2F_BHO sorry bro im not tring to take ya thread just thought i'd help if i could, cause it really is a bitch to get working(the hole turning thing...and whatnot)! plus i was just offering ya my work if you wanted too so you or anyone else please feel free to pm me if your interested!

Dave,

No worries, Sure we would love a look at your Model/scripts, it would definitely help us along with ours ... We also have a top notch Coder/scriptor who lives to get things other people feel will never work to work , and things that are sub par to work better.. send me a P.M with the info and we can do this ... BTW( we would never take credit for your hard work ) but are more than happy to help as well..

WOW mate im really happy that this is coming along so well for you. I'm really looking forward to the finished product. thanks for ur hard work so far

Images where removed due to over 100kb file limit which should'nt be allowed, if they can tell you 6 pics is too much , they can say the files are to big as well.

Edited by F2F_BHO

Nice progress, looks great.

How many polys is it right now?

no , no uparmor trying to keep it simple,, as for polys/faces i still have a few(81590) for the time being, but i plan on simplifying a few things with the suspension which should bring that # down alot as well as some things on the tires, i am trying my best to keep everything as low as possible

If you look at one you will see that it is an easy task to do rather than an un-armored version. its all box like should be easy to pull off. An will lower it aswell so it seems to be a win/win type deal.

You can bring 80k polys down to 20k? Damn, your pretty good. Atleast if you manage to meet the limit and keep the detail. ;)

nice to have logistics in game, keep on work, keep on :)

the detail will have to come from the uvmapping i guess, i am going to have to rethink the leaf springs, and airbag shocks etc.. but yeah it can get a lot more simple, i have several stages of the build saved so it should be easy i did a high poly one so i can see where i need to put more effort into to controlling the counts. i am gonna loose the detail on the tires as well as redo the winch spindles and make them with less edges. so yeah it needs some work but it will get there.

Edited by F2F_BHO

Okay, i have managed to get the polys down to around 42K, which is still alittle high i know, but i have decreased the count from 82K so its Half of what it used to be, i could further remove and reconfigure my drive trains, and it is still an option, but we are gonna try this.. here are the finals of the build i hope to make game worthy....

Images where removed due to over 100kb file limit which should'nt be allowed, if they can tell you 6 pics is too much , they can say the files are to big as well.

Edited by F2F_BHO

You know the poly limit for arma 2 is 20k right? I think people have gotten up to 25k, not sure, but I know that nothing higher than that will work. The engine just won't allow it.